Patagonia rainpants

fracisco

Reaction score
Handicap
Never heard of Patagonia but that doesn't mean anything. I only go with GoreTex for waterproofing but like the sound of their H2No waterproofing system (clever name). Sounds good for the price.

One of my bosses wears a jacket type thing made by Patagonia and says they make some very high quality cold weather gear. Says the quality is far superior to stuff like North Face, etc.

they make awesome gear for skiing, I'd be surprised if the rain pants weren't awesome too.

Patagonia is one of the best outdoor gear companies out there. There stuff is expensive, but you get great quality with the price. I love there stuff, but don't want to pay for it most of the time. I think it would work great for golf. They are made for hiking and rock climbing. I think you would be fine playing golf in the pants.

Patagonia, or "Patagucci" as some call it because of it's cost, makes really good stuff. It's a more slim/athletic fit. I have a few pieces from them in my camping/hiking wardrobe.

should work fine, but, the lack of a front zipper, might make it a little more of a hassle

Patagonia makes great products. Forgot to add, but, if you are open to using hiking/general outdoors type rain pants, check out Cabela's goretex rainpants.

I have a pile of Patagonia gear (my most recent favorite being their Better Sweater knit fleece), and the price seems good for $90/pair of pants. Considering how often I enjoy playing in the rain (really, like never), I was thinking that these would be a good thing to have in the bag when it's threatening.

There is a similar pair of pants in their line with a fly and full length leg zippers, but they are geared more towards pants that you would wear from the start rather than a pair you would throw on in case you needed them.

I'll swing by Patagonia's store in the next few weeks and try them on over a pair of khakis to see how they fit in that scenario.

full length leg zippers make it much easier to pull on imo. I always feel like I am going to rip my rainpants when I put them on, when I am wearing golf shoes

Havent tried the pants, but the jackets are great, highly recommended.

Back