Patrick Reed and 2 stroke penalty

Or does he. Once a cheat always a cheat. His reputation precedes him. He’s done this exact cheat before. There’s a video online from 2015 with him doing the exact same thing.

Makes one wonder how clean his Masters win was... or wasn't.

Courtesy of Reddit
5a680391345cdcd4d67be9edbaa690ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Or does he. Once a cheat always a cheat. His reputation precedes him. He’s done this exact cheat before. There’s a video online from 2015 with him doing the exact same thing.
Found the other instance. From Dec 7 2015 Almost 4 years to the day.

Well I am inclined to give Reed the benefit of the doubt on this. If he or his caddy had seen the clubhead brush the ground, I am of the opinion he would have called a penalty on himself. What appears obvious under the modern cameras, may not be obvious to the player especially if he is focusing on a spot Infront of the ball, which this shot called for.

Well I am inclined to give Reed the benefit of the doubt on this. If he or his caddy had seen the clubhead brush the ground, I am of the opinion he would have called a penalty on himself. What appears obvious under the modern cameras, may not be obvious to the player especially if he is focusing on a spot Infront of the ball, which this shot called for.
Consider that players never ever begin a practice swing with the club head set behind the ball. If you understand this then it is easy to understand Reed's one and only intention was to improve his lie.

The whole situation around waste bunkers is utter BS...……..On one hand you can ground your club.....On one hand you can remove loose particles.....On one hand they are not groomed....There is a fine line between cheating and being ultra competitive to gain every possible advantage within the rules....Ultimately with this specific instance of Reeds....He made practice swings which moves sand. To the naked eye you might not even notice that. His lie once he made his shot was still horrible. He gets penalized. He states his case. He accepts his penalty. He moved along. His intentions were to gain every possible advantage. He wants to win......Haters gonna hate. I choose to respect Reeds aggressiveness and attitude.
Um, he cheated in college too! He has a history of cheating!

Consider that players never ever begin a practice swing with the club head set behind the ball. If you understand this then it is easy to understand Reed's one and only intention was to improve his lie.
I wouldn't say never ever. Hell, I've done this greenside with a wedge before, and swiped away. Mostly to get an idea of how the club head looks at address and takeaway with added loft when I attempt a flop.

It's pretty common, actually. Just... not in a waste bunker :ROFLMAO:

So completely obvious that he cheated.

The first swipe cleared most of the sand directly behind the ball. But that still left a small mound on his inside path. Sure enough, the clubhead is then orientated more to the inside and the second swipe clears that small mound of sand away also.

Blatant and impossible to defend. Either he's an idiot or a cheater and considering that he's basically a golfing genius, I'll remove idiot from the equation.

As to him being an idiot because the camera was there? Yeah, I'll give you that. But there was NO WAY that he was unaware that his clubhead was brushing away a significant amount of sand. No way.

Unless he's afflicted by both idiocy and blindness.

do we dig up stuff from his past now so we can #cancelpatrickreed

Anyone know what loft his shoes are?

He absolutely does have enough talent to win without cheating. I think where he finished in the Hero yesterday shows that. That might be what pisses me off the most about all of this.

I understand the desire to win is what drives these men and women to become good enough to make a very decent living on tour. And I understand that not everyone gives a damn about integrity, honor, popularity and such. But as a pro you have to know people are going to be watching. At some point anything that might be gained from brushing sand away on a practice backswing, or placing your ball a little closer to the hole when putting, or dropping to an incorrect spot, or anything outside the rules... is going to be seen.

If these are honest mistakes, get your #@$% together and learn the rules. It's your livelihood FFS. Calling a penalty on yourself or admitting on camera you were being careless and deserved the penalty, might be the best action to take.

For those who intentionally cheat to gain an edge, I wonder how that's working out for them?

Yada Yada Yada...…..When Phil hit his moving ball, well he just lost it and wanted to let the tour know his position...When Reed approached his ball in the waste bunker and saw it in a Effing footprint....Maybe he lost it and said Eff this and initiated his way of showing the tour how bogus rulings are regarding waste bunkers.....But he has been branded a cheat so...He's a cheat.
When its all said and done, my guess is Reed will continue on and play great golf for quite some time and have little concern for what people think of him. It's stuff like this that motivates him. After this debacle he just folded....No...he went out and shot 66 with a camera on his every second of play...But he's just a cheat. Haters gonna hate...

It’s apparent that Reed thrives on being a villain. He obviously doesn’t really care what anyone thinks or says about him.

Oh hey, it’s December 8th and Reed is still a cheating b*tch!

I get it now, Patrick's a victim... life can be so unfair at times. It's a shame so few can look at this objectively. Most of us can only judge him through the eyes of bitter hatred. Haters gonna hate while Patrick Reed fanboys can only judge with 100% objective clarity.

Phil's popularity dropped considerably after his bush-league move. Same with Lexi. All those fans must have been haters as well. Oh wait, no... some people who were actual fans were disappointed. That's weird.

It’s apparent that Reed thrives on being a villain. He obviously doesn’t really care what anyone thinks or says about him.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, I have more respect for an athlete who doesn't put on a BS persona to gain popularity. But saying unpopular things during an interview or on social media, and intentionally breaking the rules to gain an advantage - which I believe was the case on Friday - are very different.

Everyone gets to draw their own line in the sand for hero and villain. I don't have Reed in either category but see no reason to challenge those who are jumping on the fan hate bandwagon. He does add spice to the Tour, and I enjoy the humor around his "antics."

Money making idea: Someone in Australia needs to sell a bunch of plastic kid shovels with "Patrick Two Scoops Reed" printed on them. That would be awesome to see fans holding those up as he played.

Found the other instance. From Dec 7 2015 Almost 4 years to the day.

Like i said, if you had a way to review Thursday footage, he was in a waste bunker and did somewhat close to the same thing. I questioned the shot then and was surprised nothing was called....

I looked at the video a few times. It looked to be intentional to me. Especially the second stroke.

It's too bad. The idea of honor and integrity on the professional golf tours takes another hit.

Well now that he is making excuses for it, you know it was intentional and trying to improve his lie ?

Yada Yada Yada...…..When Phil hit his moving ball, well he just lost it and wanted to let the tour know his position...When Reed approached his ball in the waste bunker and saw it in a Effing footprint....Maybe he lost it and said Eff this and initiated his way of showing the tour how bogus rulings are regarding waste bunkers.....But he has been branded a cheat so...He's a cheat.
When its all said and done, my guess is Reed will continue on and play great golf for quite some time and have little concern for what people think of him. It's stuff like this that motivates him. After this debacle he just folded....No...he went out and shot 66 with a camera on his every second of play...But he's just a cheat. Haters gonna hate...
Patrick shouldn’t you be preparing for the President’s Cup instead of posting in THP, Lmao!

Huge difference in breaking a rule and notifying the scorer/rules official that you're prepared to accept the penalty (Phil) and breaking a rule and hoping you'll get by with it without penalty (cheater aka Reed).

this really needs to be a needle point in the P-cup down under. Can you imagine if Patrick is in a bunker and both players and their caddies run over to watch him hit it-EVERY TIME, that would be funny as ****...

To bad he chose to do that. I don’t think it helped as his shot went over the other side of the green. It did look intentional.

I like Rory's quote on the situation....."Some just like to kick you when you're down"

Back