Patrick Reed complains about free baseball tickets

ken_h

Perpetual Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
10.5 GHIN
I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but come on.

He thanks the Tour for giving him tickets but then writes he paid $650.
I do not understand......did he receive free tickets or pay for tickets ?

He didn't like the tickets the tour gave him, so payed $650 for tix in a different section I believe.

I think he paid extra for an "upgrade" and then complained that it wasn't that good.

Either way it's pretty lame. But I shouldn't be surprised by his track record.

i have no idea what's going on here. did he have to pay for one or more of the tickets?

and maybe most douchiest - though not unexpected from this a##hat - is that he seems to be miffed that he had to sit with everybody else from the tour. what a knob.

Sounds to me like he got worse seats than the rest of the PGA Tour people that were given free tix. So yeah, I'd b*tch, too. Line drive seats suck.

What exactly are "line drive seats"?

And I ask this as someone who's been to probably 100+ games at Fenway.

I would say a spot that if the batter yanks on its a straight line drive to that section

i have no idea what's going on here. did he have to pay for one or more of the tickets?

and maybe most douchiest - though not unexpected from this a##hat - is that he seems to be miffed that he had to sit with everybody else from the tour. what a knob.

He paid $650 for upgraded tickets but did not get upgraded seats.

Imagine if people here paid $650 for upgraded shafts in their irons but got the stock shafts, they would scream to high heaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down the 1st or 3rd base lines I assume...the best seats.

I would say a spot that if the batter yanks on its a straight line drive to that section

That's like half the park, given the proximity of the seats at Fenway.

Imagine if people here paid $650 for upgraded shafts in their irons but got the stock shafts, they would scream to high heaven

I think what he is saying is he didn't like the free seats, so he bought 3 more for $650.

If you want good tickets to Fenway at a good price that is safe from line drives. Sit in section 19 or 21.

Not to mention that they recently extended the protective netting from dugout to dugout...

I don't have an issue with someone complaining if they are not treated equal. If his family was put in the best publically available spot (given other PGA Tours were just players and SO), then that is what can happen when you have to accommodate. Overall, it's rather petty and seems like something his wife of MIL would be in his ear to complain about....

Dude can play some great golf, but he is a complete clown.

bought them from whom? i understand not being able to pick your seats if you're getting them for free, but since when do you not get to pick your seats if you're paying?

:banghead:

PGA TOUR players were given free tickets to a Red Sox game. Reed wanted an upgrade for whatever reason. That cost an additional $650. He and his guests were given new seats in a location he did not like.

Morale of story: pudwhack.

If I'm reading it right, he didn't like his free seats, so he went and bought tickets for better seats, and ended up where other PGA players' free tickets put them.

If I'm reading it right, he didn't like his free seats, so he went and bought tickets for better seats, and ended up where other PGA players' free tickets put them.

This is what I understood as well.

Basically, the free seats HE got were crap compared to everyone else, so he paid his own money to sit were every one else got to sit for free. I'd complain, too. Then again, I complain about having to pay for the privilege of being a volunteer, so yeah.

I can't stop reading the replies to his tweet.

His tweet doesn't do a good job of describing his gripe. He may have a legitimate one, I don't know. But he should know how it was going to come off to others who would love to have any free tickets to a baseball game as a distraction from our job of playing a game for lots of money.

do we know where his seats actually ended up being? i don't see any other pga tour players around him in that "flattering" selfie.

Ok whoever’s surprised by this raise you hand .

Back