Patrick Reed is Good for Golf: Prove Me Wrong

He’s great for golf. In a sport without teams and not many rivalries you need someone to root against and nothing is more fun than rooting against a villain. I despise cheating and the lack of integrity from Reed and wish we had more villains like Brooks who just speaks his mind and pisses some people off. That said I will always tune in when Reed is in contention to root against him.

He makes it interesting. Sort of rooting for the hyper competitive guy who will do anything to win versus the competitive good sporting types.

He may generate ratings. Lotsa people want him to get his ass handed to him.

Go to Instagram.. if you like golf and follow a bunch of golf related content providers. It has been all Patrick Reed for the past two days. Memes, commentary, jokes, slights, support, etc.

It has basically been all about Reed.
lmao, when the unoriginal get even more unoriginal. I wish it wasn't true.

I think he's good for golf in that I'd watch a leaderboard full of randoms on Sunday if he's ahead, rooting for anyone not him (which is kind of fun honestly).

Then again, today he made me cheer for Rahm, and that is just unacceptable.

I think he’s good for golf. He is definitely not boring. He has a huge chip on his shoulder and, outwardly he doesn’t care what anyone -players, the media, and fans think about him. He had embraced the villain he has become. He will bring more attention to himself and to professional golf, even if it so many can openly root for him to fail and to lose. Unfortunately for many Reed has game and he is one of the best golfers in the world.

lmao, when the unoriginal get even more unoriginal. I wish it wasn't true.

totally. Get it. They are all basically posting each other over and over. But it is being eaten up like chocolate.

totally. Get it. They are all basically posting each other over and over. But it is being eaten up like chocolate.
It actually turned me off insta a lot, however, I know people love that quick laugh sort of experience now.

It actually turned me off insta a lot, however, I know people love that quick laugh sort of experience now.

me included.. ;)

When I see Reed, a certain F word that JT likes to use comes to mind.

When I see Reed, a certain F word that JT likes to use comes to mind.

He may be someone to hate... But man that guy's short game may be top 3 in the world right now. He is damn good with a wedge in hand. Why did he even attempt that pin on 18 with a 4 shot lead? He could have easily chunked it in the water, or spun it right off the green. Meanwhile, hits it to 8-9ft and daggers it. That's a cold blooded man right there.

People’s eyes and ears are glued to the screen and social media just to see what happens next. It’s the talk at the water cooler. It gets a buzz going and the game.

What I don’t agree with is we seen on tv it bounced. No way it impedes on second bounce. He asked the lady, he asked the group, he had no way of knowing it bounced. What I don’t agree with is him picking it up. You can hear his caddy say don’t pick it up or something to that affect. He places it down and when an official comes over Patrick plays it off and so on. The issue is there’s to many issues with Patrick to believe anything.

It’s a bad image. The pga seen the video, they were wrong but won’t admit it.

What I also don’t agree with is, every idiot on the planet can type in and call out some woman on the lpga for touching a grain of sand, zoomed in on the tv, get penalized, get dq’d BUT we don’t go to replay for this??? BS!

He’s good for the game, especially with how well he feeds of the negativity about him. Every time there’s a controversy it seems like he follows with a win... couldn’t write a better script!

I get all of that. But we saw the greatest of a generation do the same and it never once impacted golf. In fact the game grew to new heights. He is considered a hero.

hold up. are you saying tigers masters drop puts him in the same class as reed? am i missing an entire portfolio of cheating as well as teammates calling tiger out for it like we have for reed??? otherwise that’s a prettttttttty big stretch.

He is a good villain for the sport....he creates soap opera fodder....but at his heart he is rotten, dishonest, and immoral. No one on your TRULY respects him. He stole from his college teammates and CHEATED so badly and consistently... that he was KICKED OFF his college team!!!! How much more do you want me TO PROVE YOU WRONG?!?! Patrick Reed is a HORRIBLE human being and despised by Most! What else do you want to know!?
Every sport has heroes and villains and the last two decades have shown that winning cures all. He has been on tour just short of 10 years and has built a pretty rock solid resume. Patrick Reed is good for golf.

Reed has 9 PGA Tour Victories and 3 wins on the Euro Tour. He is a major winner and has had a top 10 in every major and top 5 in 3 of the 4.

He is a good interview and says what’s on his mind.

He has had some brushes with the rules in the past, although I don’t believe yesterday was one of them.

So prove me wrong, Patrick Reed is good for golf.

111-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

hold up. are you saying tigers masters drop puts him in the same class as reed? am i missing an entire portfolio of cheating as well as teammates calling tiger out for it like we have for reed??? otherwise that’s a prettttttttty big stretch.
Not at all. I was using an example of a generation great that grew the game despite on course antics and rules violation (off course exists too) and how winning cured it all.

He is a good villain for the sport....he creates soap opera fodder....but at his heart he is rotten, dishonest, and immoral. No one on your TRULY respects him. He stole from his college teammates and CHEATED so badly and consistently... that he was KICKED OFF his college team!!!! How much more do you want me TO PROVE YOU WRONG?!?! Patrick Reed is a HORRIBLE human being and despised by Most! What else do you want to know!?
WOW, sounds like you know Reed personally. Where you on that team? Or are you just making a comment by what you read on the internet?

If the question was “is he a nice guy” or “a good person” or we knew all of this was true, then I would agree. It wasn’t. People doing bad things have been good for sports in spots for generations. Whether that be driving under influence where harm to others could have happened, serial gambling, violence, etc etc.

I like the fact that Reed plays shots. He is not out there trying to over power a golf course , he plays lots of "control tee ball shots", he uses plenty of club for his iron approach shots rather than trying to pound too little club, he plays his short game shots by feeling the distance etc....
His cheating is a disappointment, but every era of pro Tour golf has had a few players who routinely cheat, so what Reed does is nothing new.

To drive the point home. Paul Casey won today as well. He by all appearances is about as classy and nice of a guy as may have ever played pro golf.

No one really cares..

I’m not speaking of his infidelity. But to think those things don’t impact youth and role model goals is a unique thought.

I was speaking to Tiger Woods breaking the rules at the Masters.
And dropping f-bombs into hot mics all over the course, and being a complete dick to fellow competitors, fans and the media. He got a free pass for all of that, and people were frantically rushing to his defense after his drop at the Masters. And what about the time he had fans from the gallery come out and remove a huge rock that was in the way of his shot?

Reed is no worse for the game than Tiger was. There are reasons he isn’t given the same latitude - some valid, some not.

Good for the RC maybe but he doesn’t move the needle or sell tickets for all of his controversy otherwise. His Masters win was one of the least watched Masters in a long time if I recall. No one is tuning into TV coverage because of PR. He’s an immensely talented and clutch player, but his infamy doesn’t come from a good reason like he’s charismaric in interviews or just dominates tournaments. He’s just a guy who has been caught cheating among other incidents that have caused enough controversy to last a lifetime and for the most part is terrible with media.

He’s a great heel...

Back