PatsFan's Road to the 2024 Myrtle Beach World Amateur

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
myself

Today I officially signed up for the 2024 Myrtle Beach World Amateur!
I had so much fun last year and I really love the competition and my only goals are so have fun and do better than last year!
I finished towards the bottom 1styear Middle of flight 2nd year, So my goal is to improve on last year and crack the Top 10 but I know I will have fun no matter where I finish!

I will not be traveling alone this year. My league partner and BFF as my daughters call him @snafu finally decided to come and then my other buddy at work who's on THP @NotNowRightNow has also joined the crew.

If anyone else is Interested in joining me Send me a PM and I will give you my referral code. The cost is $629 till March 21rd.
For 4 rounds and free booze for 4 nights its a decent deal and a good time too.

It would be cool to meet up with some THPers and take this Beast of a tourney on!

It was really cool to meet @richhoff and his wife last year.

So far it's
@snafu
@NotNowRightNow
TomtheBountyHunter

163 Days till it kicks off!!

index.php

Last edited:
Hope you do well and it was great meeting you. I've decided not to play in it anymore. Six hour rounds in mid 90s just isn't my idea of fun. I skipped a year for the same reason. I told my wife to kick me if I start to talk about playing in it again.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I rarely drink, so I'd lose out on that, lol.

Hope you do well and it was great meeting you. I've decided not to play in it anymore. Six hour rounds in mid 90s just isn't my idea of fun. I skipped a year for the same reason. I told my wife to kick me if I start to talk about playing in it again.
@richhoff it was great to meet you and your wife. I can appreciate your reasoning. I must have gotten lucky. None of my rounds Seemed like 6 hours we were having fun, At least till the rain started. :ROFLMAO:

@Sean It's a great deal to me. Just meeting all the people and playing golf for 4+ days is so much fun.
I haven't had a drink in 5 months. No reason just taking a break but even if I am not drinking during the WA it is still so much fun. I almost never drink when I play and I certainly don't need alcohol to have fun!!

Playing golf for 4-6 days and meeting up with your buddies each night is good enough for me.
Throw in a little competition and
Bon Appetit Gourmet GIF by Studios 2016

Life is way too short!

The Party is now at 5. @snafu called me and another coworker is coming. We will call him El Capitan. Great guy he's played in a few tourneys with us. Lots of fun to be around and just looking to have a good time and relax.

@snafu
@NotNowRightNow
TBad
El Capitan
and @PatsFan

Tbad, El Capitan and myself should all be in the same flight and @snafu and @NotNowRightNow should be in the same flight or sister flight but they are in the younger age bracket. :cry:

This is going to be a good time no matter what. They were over 1000 last week. It will be interesting to see if they get close to last years #'s. Last year was down from the year before so

157 Days to go!
#MyrtleBeachWorldAmateur #MyrtleBeachWorldAm

As of today Everything is booked.
The Big question is Will 1 Mini van be big enough for 4 guys and all the luggage? 4 travel bags and 4 suitcases.

That is the question.

I mean there will be a matter of Who is King of the Condo, @snafu @NotNowRightNow @ElCapitan or PatsFan after the World Am is all thru but as long as we all have fun that is what matters.

134 days to go and 2173 People who like to play golf and have Fun signed up so far!

Last edited:
Can't wait for the updates!!! I've been thinking about entering this!

Can't wait for the updates!!! I've been thinking about entering this!
FYI the early bird pricing ends on 4/25 I think it goes up $50 to $679 after that if that matters.

I am looking forward to the trip with my friends and too also see the friends I have made in past years.

Here's what's in the gift bag.

Logo’d Pullover

Logo’d Polo

Logo’d Hat

Logo’d Towel

Dopp Kit

Logo’d Valuables Pouch

Bag Tag

$20 Gift Card

*All gift bag items subject to change.​

I will say the Gift bag last year was upgraded from 22' The Polo shirt and 1/4 zip Pullover were both really nice.

There are 129 days till the tournament starts!!
2024 Player count is 2202

Back