Paula Creamer = Sergio Garcia?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone posed this question to me this morning during hybrid testing and I wanted to bring it to the forum. Both players have incredible ability. Both seem to have fans following them sometimes based on appearance. Both have yet to win a major. Both have been known to whine occasionally.

So is Paula Creamer the next Sergio Garcia?

My guess is Paula will win a major before Sergio does and she turned pro I believe six year after him. Otherwise I think they have a lot of similarities.

Way too soon to tag her with that or Sergio ftm. He's only 29. Phil didn't break through till he was nearly 34... VJ was 35. Paula doesn't turn 23 until next week. Annika was 2 years shy of any win at that age. Lorena didn't win her 1st event until she was 22. Paula at 22 has 8 under her belt. She's a better putter than Sergio too.

• Admin
Where in the post did anybody say that they were a bust? I certainly do not think that at all. It was strictly a comparison between the two.

JB- going off on a bust tangent here but perhaps one could make the case that they are busts right now in the sense that wins in majors have not come their way yet?

Does Sergio have pink balls?

I agree JB, I wouldn’t label either one a bust. However, if either end up without multiple majors I think they will not have lived up to their potential. But they are both way too young to start contemplating those scenarios.

Someone posed this question to me this morning during hybrid testing and I wanted to bring it to the forum. Both players have incredible ability. Both seem to have fans following them sometimes based on appearance. Both have yet to win a major. Both have been known to whine occasionally.

So is Paula Creamer the next Sergio Garcia?

I don't see it that way.Paula is way more fan/people friendly then Sergio is.Sure they both whine,but Paula has a touch more class.She doesn't take it out on the fans.Atleast I haven't seen her do it. Sergio lost my respect when he spit in the cup.That's gross

Wow, great post!

It is a decent comparison, although Creamer hasn't been around as long. I think in 2-3 years if she hasn't won a major then yes.

She's only 22, he's 29. Big difference. She can putt and and she's a lot cuter when she whines which she does mostly on the course. Sergio always has multiple excuses for the press too. Paula doesn't do that.. at least from what I've seen.

Paula's great with the fans, especially the young girls. She has yet to call a press conference to blame her playing on her love life.

I personally don't think she's all that. At first glance you sorta go "Whoa!" but then when you really get a good look at her......Anyways, she DOES have great determination and drive. More so than I think Sergio does, who always looks like he's about to throw a snit. IMO Sergio is one of the great drivers of the golf ball but he can't seem to put all the pieces of his game together to win a major. IMO Paula will win a major at a much earlier age than Sergio.

Paula's great with the fans, especially the young girls. She has yet to call a press conference to blame her playing on her love life.

LPGA Players do not call press conferences Claire...hehe. Not enough press would be there. She is great with the fans. However people are forgetting that he is great with the fans in his home country too.

The thing with Sergio is that he always has an excuse, usually a bad one, for his poor play. It's never his fault. It's the setup , the greens ... whatever. But I followed him around a few times at Oakland Hills... at the Ryder Cup and last year's PGA and he was great with the fans. :confused2:

I'd part with some serious cash to be able to carry the lag as far into his downswing as he does.

I would say that its fair to refer to Creamer as the female Sergio Garcia in terms of not living up to potential.
Both of them talk big and have all the talent in the world but just cant seem to seal the deal.

I'd part with some serious cash to be able to carry the lag as far into his downswing as he does.

+1. I'm about his size, so it's always amazing to me the clubhead he generates with a very smooth swing.

It seems to me he is maturing, albeit slowly. I expect he will win a major pretty soon.

Well, seeing as how he broke up with his girlfriend a while back, I would say, not pink. hehe

I would say that its fair to refer to Creamer as the female Sergio Garcia in terms of not living up to potential.
Both of them talk big and have all the talent in the world but just cant seem to seal the deal.

Huh ?? Are you kidding ? She's 22 years old, with 8 LPGA wins already. You could probably count on one hand the number of gals with that many wins at 22 in the history of the game.

Well, seeing as how he broke up with his girlfriend a while back, I would say, not pink. hehe

From the sounds of it, she just kept them.

+1 I'd love to have that lag also

Huh ?? Are you kidding ? She's 22 years old, with 8 LPGA wins already. You could probably count on one hand the number of gals with that many wins at 22 in the history of the game.
How many majors has she won? Tournament wins are great, but winning majors is much more important.

Back