Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

I did two loads of my own laundry today so Michele doesn't have to worry about it this weekend.
And they think us men can't survive without them. LOL

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

And they think us men can't survive without them. LOL

Lol. I know right.

But in all honesty, if left up to us we'd just be wearing the same sweatshirt and jeans for weeks at a time and not worrying about laundry.

Lol. I know right.

But in all honesty, if left up to us we'd just be wearing the same sweatshirt and jeans for weeks at a time and not worrying about laundry.
Uhh...duh. They would just start being comfortable then.

I gave an unused bucket of balls to a family who brought their three young boys to the range.

We were in line to see a show yesterday when two ladies in front of us were getting tired or standing. They were discussing who would go sit and rest and who would stay on line.

I told them to both go have a seat and I would hold there place. They were so pleased.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I took a couple of days off last week to go play golf and ended up helping my brother build a deck instead. I don't typically enjoy that type of work, but I did learn a few things helping him.

Also, after running a half marathon yesterday, I gave a compliment to a fellow runner that I don't normally get along with. I would have rather tripped this person instead, but I grinned and gave the compliment anyway.

Very glad to see you guys into the spirit of this. Everything counts and it all matters. As thanksgiving approaches let's remember those that might have less than us or just need a warm hello. I feel we need all the kindness we can muster and need to remember we are all family. It's a braid sentiment and often over used. But if more people took it to heart, we would unite and put down the negativity that surrounds us. It's not the other guys problems, it's all of ours.

Haven't posted in here in a while, but continuing to do my daily kindness deed. Today was helping my cousin with her resume and giving her some ideas on how to conduct a job search.

As thanksgiving approaches let's remember those that might have less than us or just need a warm hello.
This weekend, sitting around doing as little as possible, I somehow ended up on YouTube and stumbled across videos of guys talking to and helping out homeless folks. The "Prank it Forward" videos are good. And there was one of a homeless man that shared what he received with the others, even though he could have just kept it. If y'all want to see some moving and thought provoking stuff, go find those videos and watch a few.

Now that I'm back in action from surgery (for the most part), I'm back on my "A" pay it forward game. Two days ago I took care of various tasks for my sister while she was traveling and couldn't deal with them. Yesterday I committed to gifting some clubs to a friend who has some big yardage holes in his bag. Time will tell what today holds.

Don't play my Xbox anymore. Instead of selling it, I'm donating it to a charity that gives them to children's hospitals to help out with pain management.

I donated some things to charity.

One of my daughter's volleyball coaches is a 16 year old HS kid. The team's end of season party was tonight at a restaurant. She showed up by herself. I made a point of spending some time talking to her so she wasn't just standing by herself awkwardly. I also paid for her dinner and made sure to tell her thanks for all the work she put in (she rode a bus 11 miles 2x a week to get to their practices).

Took care of my graphics team today. Sat and listened to one of teams frustrations and paid everyone a compliment in the office today. Smiles are always great to see.

I've been doing the normal everyday, holding doors, giving compliments, giving up parking spaces. It's amazing to see how the small things add up during the day, I need to thank my parents for raising me the way they did, it's ingrained and I'm thankful it is.

Been preoccupied with a new job this week. But I've taken Frank's Kinder gentler driver example and been letting more people merge instead if just one.

I've tried to take time at the new job to find out more about a different person on a personal level each day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Why only do one?

1. Gratuitously nice driving
2. Money to a homeless person
3. Apology to a THPer in case comments in a thread went too far.

One story I heard about last year that I plan on doing this year. Heading into Kmart and finding an account with all toys on layaway and picking up the tab anonymously to make someone's Christmas a little less stressful.

Was at the range hitting the m1 and the guy in the stall me goes "hey is thay the m1?" without hesitation I go "sure is - want to hit it?" his eyes lit up. Got to talking and he was actually from the same home to me on long Island just 2 years older. Small world!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Helped put our "angel tree" up at work. The gifts that will be pulled from it will make a few kids' Christmas that much better this year.

My company is collecting money to buy some dinner boxes for some needy families next week.
I looked in my wallet, remembered how thankful I should be, and just bought an entire box, turkey and all the fixins'.

I was given a gift by my boss before heading home yesterday. I handed it our graphics tech that had tackled and completed several projects for me. He was happy as can be.

Nothing big but held the door a couple times at school yesterday for female students to pass and let some cars merged that seemed to be waiting for awhile trying to get into a busy traffic as I left school

I made a point of saying thank you to a couple of people who have helped me with a couple of things recently and making sure they know I appreciate their efforts.

Today a guy at the metro asked me for directions to union station. Not only did I give him directions, but had him follow me (I was heading in that direction anyway). Waited at the metro exit as he had luggage so he got behind in the line going to union station. I think he was surprised I did that.

Post via Taptalk

Back