Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
This is not an original Panda idea but a good idea all on its own. For the next 30 days I would like to challenge each member of the forum to perform one act of kindness a day for the next 30 days. It is not an exercise in gifts (it could be) but more about being kind to the other man. Spread some love to those around here. Post what you did in this thread and why? My hope is make our world a better place. Maybe is catches on maybe it doesn't but at least we did our part.

It hard to focus on others with the holidays coming up but this is when others need it the most. So dig into your heart and share what you can. Again it can be as simple as a hearty hello to someone you don't know. A call to a family or friend that you have spoken to. A gift, lunch, cup Of coffee. Maybe you pick up the toll for the person behind you. Maybe invite a single to play with you. What ever it is, if you'd like please do something nice for the next 30 days.

Challenge accepted.

Well done, Panda.

Great challenge Freddy. Count me in.

I'm in on this fun stuff!

I'll do it!

If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in the same room with a mosquito!

So I'll start this off. Went to the park with the kids and was just chilling until a little dude walked over and asked for some of kids candy. His mom started yelling at him to leave me alone. He listened and left. My kids ran themselves into a lather and did not need any more candy. I found the little boys mom and handed her the bag of chocolates. That when I saw the bags. She had recently been put out of her house and was living in the park. I didn't have much in the wallet but it was hers along with the chocolate. No child should go without food or a home. I hope she gets on her feet.

So I'll start this off. Went to the park with the kids and was just chilling until a little dude walked over and asked for some of kids candy. His mom started yelling at him to leave me alone. He listened and left. My kids ran themselves into a lather and did not need any more candy. I found the little boys mom and handed her the bag of chocolates. That when I saw the bags. She had recently been put out of her house and was living in the park. I didn't have much in the wallet but it was hers along with the chocolate. No child should go without food or a home. I hope she gets on her feet.

Nicely played Freddie! You're good one bro

Today, while my yard was being cleared of leaves by a young man making amends for an ill advised prank, I noticed that my neighbor was mowing his lawn with a push mower. I went over and talked to him, and he explained his mower was not running. I went into my shed, got my lawn tractor out, and mowed and bagged the clippings for him.

He thanked me a number of times.

Sometimes, it doesn't take much effort at all to help someone out, and doing something nice for someone is very rewarding!

One thing that this world will never run out of is the need for kindness.

I try to practice this everyday. One simple gesture can really change someones day/life. This week I had signed up for a new country club. With the membership they give you a set of irons and a driver. Contacted the local highschool and got a hold of the golf coach. Ended up dropping the clubs off to him for a young man who has been playing with his mothers clubs (but played well with them). Even thought the season is over the coach got them for the young man and we actually just got done playing a round with both the coach and young man who recieved the clubs.

Well done panda.

im in on this.

Great idea and example for us all, Freddie.

Mines pretty small, but my in-laws visited with their new golden retriever puppy and mentioned how they wanted to give her a bath but hadn't got around to it yet. When they where outside I took the pup downstairs and gave it a bath in the utility tub. Clipped the nails while I was at it as it looked like they needed it.

Panda and cj...awesome awesome gestures fellas. Lsmo way to step up with the clubs

Love this concept! Subscribed, and challenge accepted.

Mines pretty small, but my in-laws visited with their new golden retriever puppy and mentioned how they wanted to give her a bath but hadn't got around to it yet. When they where outside I took the pup downstairs and gave it a bath in the utility tub. Clipped the nails while I was at it as it looked like they needed it.

Nothing is ever small, it's always going to matter to someone. Good job and I know the puppy was cute.

Was in the grocery store line tonight and only had maybe half dozen items. But let a guy go in front of me who had about the same amount. He seemed surprised but thankful.

Love the idea and challenge accepted.

Today - went to a nice little shopping area I had never been to before that had a little farmers market. Supported the local merchants and paid a little extra for each item I bought. Also tipped any service industry worker a little extra today. It really didn't amount to much more than $20 extra over the whole day but some of the merchants were quite appreciative. Very small contribution but I'd like to think it's a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the idea and challenge accepted.

Today - went to a nice little shopping area I had never been to before that had a little farmers market. Supported the local merchants and paid a little extra for each item I bought. Also tipped any service industry worker a little extra today. It really didn't amount to much more than $20 extra over the whole day but some of the merchants were quite appreciative. Very small contribution but I'd like to think it's a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great thought on the tipping Gary. Having worked as a server many years ago, I can promise you its noticed and appreciated

A parent from my son's baseball team mentioned that he wanted his son to play basketball but he'd never played before so they probably weren't going to do it. I shared with him that I will be coaching this season and invited his son to join my team.

Count me in, an awesome idea!

Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

This morning while getting my coffee, I noticed a younger woman trying to put air into a flat tire, she was crying and quite flustered.
I went over to her to help, she explained she just needed air but now needs a tire.

She didn't know how to inflate a tire, while inflating her tire, I explained to her how to do it. We checked her other tires and one needed air, and she inflated it.

I couldn't believe someone couldn't understand how to inflate a tire, maybe it was her being flustered, maybe she had something else going on.

But sometimes offering a moment of calm, understanding, and advise can help someone overcome an obstacle they are facing.

I gave some money to a homeless person near my office.

HS guy on the range this afternoon and he bought a smaller bucket for himself. Saw him looking in his wallet like he was going to go have to buy more so I just gave him about 1/4 of my bucket so he wouldnt have to pay any more. Also gave him some THP tees and told him to check out the site.

Back