Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

Well this didn't have the affect I thought it would. But I am grateful to those that took the time make others around them feel better.

Speaking personally Tadashi. I think it had quite the effect. While I may not have posted everyday. I can honestly say as a result of you starting this thread. I approached every day with the thought to do something kind for somebody.

I hope I did something every day no matter how small or insignificant it may have seemed to me.

So I think thanks to you a lot of people had some very kind acts thrown there way by a good handful of THPers. ?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Speaking personally Tadashi. I think it had quite the effect. While I may not have posted everyday. I can honestly say as a result of you starting this thread. I approached every day with the thought to do something kind for somebody.

I hope I did something every day no matter how small or insignificant it may have seemed to me.

So I think thanks to you a lot of people had some very kind acts thrown there way by a good handful of THPers.

That's all I wanted to do. Bring some good into others world with simple hellos, held doors or unexpected good deeds. Thanks for taking part.

That's all I wanted to do. Bring some good into others world with simple hellos, held doors or unexpected good deeds. Thanks for taking part.

It may not have reached the level you wanted but no doubt had a good effect.

So I think thanks to you a lot of people had some very kind acts thrown there way by a good handful of THPers. 

I could not agree with this more. It encouraged me to do what I should have been doing otherwise and made me pause to think about my choices and why I don't always do this, why this isn't the new normal. Thank you. (I slacked off on posting but rest assured I was still doing it.)

Well this didn't have the affect I thought it would. But I am grateful to those that took the time make others around them feel better.

While I am not sure what affect you may have anticipated, I think this thread initiated by you has had significant value. Personally, it made me aware that I needed to be more supportive of my wife and her charitable efforts through her church. I would imagine most of us were instilled with common courtesies during our youth. Your thread reminded how important they are. Although we knew that our THP friends are good people, this thread confirmed that knowledge which likewise reminds us how fortunate we are to have such friends.

While I am not sure what affect you may have anticipated, I think this thread initiated by you has had significant value. Personally, it made me aware that I needed to be more supportive of my wife and her charitable efforts through her church. I would imagine most of us were instilled with common courtesies during our youth. Your thread reminded how important they are. Although we knew that our THP friends are good people, this thread confirmed that knowledge which likewise reminds us how fortunate we are to have such friends.
I'm glad some got involved and shared. But this past month has shown me a great deal about somethings. Again thank you to everyone that got something out of it.

It truly is Panda. We all get on the daily grind and tend to loose focus of the bigger picture. (I'm guilty of this) there are tons of people who would kill to have a third of what I've been blessed with and that's the message I'm preaching this Christmas to my girls. We will give away/donate more of their old toys than they will get this year. The cool thing is they understand and are ready to get it done.

Even if it's a couple of bucks to the homeless person on the street, it can go further than you realize.

I'm betting it had more of an effect than you realize brother. I'm betting for every post made there were that many that happened the weren't shared. Rome wasn't built over night kind of thing. And you won't reach everybody. But if you effect one then you're making this world a better place.

However, why does it have to be 30 days? 365 is more like it. Change the title of the thread, sticky it and let's keep going.

I did not post in here Freddie as I did not want it to sons self serving but I have tried to do something nice for someone everyday

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm betting it had more of an effect than you realize brother. I'm betting for every post made there were that many that happened the weren't shared. Rome wasn't built over night kind of thing. And you won't reach everybody. But if you effect one then you're making this world a better place.

However, why does it have to be 30 days? 365 is more like it. Change the title of the thread, sticky it and let's keep going.

Agreed. I know there were times I held a door, said hello, shot a warm smile at someone and didn't post in here. These things are little but can make a huge difference in peoples days/lives. I honestly thought more about holding a door or doing something nice for someone after this was started than I did before.

I'll second this. While I didn't always post things I did, seeing this thread pop up always kept it in the back of my mind. Even shared with my wife, who donated some of our kids clothes and toys. Also agree this should be a 365 day a year thing.

I have a selfish request. Sometimes this season brings stress and other stuff. This thread makes me feel good and lift my spirits. Would people consider posting their ongoing acts of kindness?

I have a selfish request. Sometimes this season brings stress and other stuff. This thread makes me feel good and lift my spirits. Would people consider posting their ongoing acts of kindness?

Anything for you buddy. Yesterday assisted someone at hme depot with loading materials on a cart, the day before held the door for an older lady and let another go in front of me in the checkout line

Great suggestion T4K..

Small thing but today as I was leaving Panera another regular customer that is there each morning was upset that there were no Washington Post newspapers, that they usually have out by the fireplace for customers to read. I always bring mine from home.

I heard her asking the cashier bout them to no avail. I offered her my paper as I was leaving, she was shocked for some reason that I was offering it. She asked if it was my personal paper and offered to pay me for it. I laughed and said, no she was actually helping me keep my SUV clean as it would have just been tossed in the back seat.

A call went out via our school yesterday for 40 families in need. We have decided as a family to sponsor one of them for Christmas. We've never done this before. Your idea had more of an effect than you know, Freddie. Thanks again for doing this.

A call went out via our school yesterday for 40 families in need. We have decided as a family to sponsor one of them for Christmas. We've never done this before. Your idea had more of an effect than you know, Freddie. Thanks again for doing this.
Sweet, I love it! Please PM me your address

We just dropped off our forgotten Angels gifts. Feels so good to help some families out. We had 2 boys and 2 girls. Good stuff, loved seeing our kids embrace it with us again this year.

Filled two boxes at church for two boys as I've always done this with my little man. This year have two little men we doubled it.

Was eating lunch across the street from a job at Safeway (hey...they have good soup at the deli), an older lady was having trouble getting her groceries out of the cart. Stopped eating and went outside to help her load her car and took the cart back for her.

As someone said earlier, Freddie's great idea of a thread didn't have to stop at 30 days.

Going into Panera this morning, I noticed a couple police cars parking. When I paid for my order, I gave the cashier a $20 and asked her to use it to pay for the officers breakfast and wish them a Merry Christmas.

She must have told them who did it. They came over to me shook my hand and said they appreciated it very much. One of them actually said "It's small acts of kindness like this, that makes what can be a tough job at times worth doing. Thank you very much, you have no idea how much it means to us"

I just thanked them for what they do and wished them Merry Christmas, before it got all dusty in there...LOL

Last edited:
A woman asked for money for coffee as I was walking to the office (it is cold and rainy here in Portland today). I gave her what I had in my pocket. She said "You are the first person who cared. God bless you. Thank you." Best .80 cents I've spent.

Tonight the wife wanted to go to Hallmark to pick up a gift for our niece and a couple cards for her coworkers that are having some tough times with "C".

I'm looking around minding my own business when this young couple walks to the counter and starts talking about how they're going to surprise her family and tell them she's pregnant. She's going on and on about it and talking about getting her dad something with his favorite NFL team to announce it. And she got her sisters cards. You could tell how excited she was. Not sure about her man though. Then, that dreaded moment happened. She couldn't find her bank card.

They tried one card and it wouldn't go through. So went she went back to her car to look for her card, I stepped up and paid for her stuff. I didn't want them to not be able to share this great news with her family they way they wanted. She came back in with her card and the cashier told her I had already paid for it. I think it was probably the best $10 I've spent in a while.

It got a little awkward when she hunted me down and called me sweetie before I could tell my wife what I did. LOL

Good on you bogey!

Back