Payment method other than PayPal?

Own_Ostrich

Reaction score
My PayPal account has been permanently frozen for an unknown reason and I'm wondering if anybody here uses another payment method with buyer/seller protection. Also has anyone had success getting their frozen PayPal account reactivated? Thanks.

Never had an issue with PP before but I have used Venmo once at a seller's request.

My PayPal account has been permanently frozen for an unknown reason and I'm wondering if anybody here uses another payment method with buyer/seller protection. Also has anyone had success getting their frozen PayPal account reactivated? Thanks.
I've heard of people using Venmo, but I only trust PayPal personally.

Thats wild, have they not responded to your inquiries yet?

I've heard of people using Venmo, but I only trust PayPal personally.
I'll only use PP for purchases because there is at least some protection. Venmo is just....odd....to me.

I'll only use PP for purchases because there is at least some protection. Venmo is just....odd....to me.
Agree, it's nice to have at least a bit of buyer protection. I don't think any other service can compete there.

Agree, it's nice to have at least a bit of buyer protection. I don't think any other service can compete there.
I mean, I know PP owns Venmo, but its still just odd to me.

Why are we mixing social media and payments?

Add me to the list of only using PayPal. Venmo I believe is owned by PayPal if I remember correctly but is more of a way to transfer money between friends. Lots of guys around here use it apparently

Add me to the list of only using PayPal. Venmo I believe is owned by PayPal if I remember correctly but is more of a way to transfer money between friends. Lots of guys around here use it apparently
Why bother though?

Link bank to PayPal, celebrate one stop shop.

Why bother though?

Link bank to PayPal, celebrate one stop shop.
Agreed. I don’t know I never heard of it till last year and when I said I didn’t have a Venmo everyone looked at me like I was crazy

Sounds like a good time for your wife to have a PayPal account setup ;)

PP for me, Venmo can be used through email, but takes a few days

Venmo is more comparable to Zelle as a competitor to transfer money between people. I don’t believe there is another option that offers the security and buyer/seller protections when it comes to buying and selling products.

I have a Venmo account because some whipper snapper baby-sitter said PayPal is for old people. ????

Never used it because I couldn’t figure it out so I told her “if you want to get paid then you better get an old people account!”

Back to your question - I’m with others. I don’t know of anything other than PayPal that offers as good buyer protection.

My account was frozen with both Venmo and PayPal due to my name and descent but after providing some Info, Venmo un froze my account but PayPal didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed the social media aspect of Venmo is weird. I talked to someone at Paypal a while back when it was first frozen and they could not give me any details/reasons. Guess I'll keep bothering them and use PayPal through a friend if necessary for now.

Venmo is for social transactions like paying someone back for dinner, gambling debts, fantasy football, etc. Once the money is gone it is gone. I would not use it for buying golf equipment on the forum. If something goes south there is no protection whatsoever.

I have a Venmo account because some whipper snapper baby-sitter said PayPal is for old people. ????

Never used it because I couldn’t figure it out so I told her “if you want to get paid then you better get an old people account!”

Back to your question - I’m with others. I don’t know of anything other than PayPal that offers as good buyer protection.

Yep, PayPal is for old people just like Facebook, lol. Venmo and Apple Cash are definitely the preferred method for transferring money my teenager and two college students. My daughter lives in an apartment with 4 other college girls and she averages 5+ Venmo transactions each week.

PayPal is the only one that has buyer protection.

Venmo is weirding me out right now. I don’t use it a ton but I just sent 15 bucks to pay a friend for a movie. Since then I got a random money request from a person claiming to be in need and a friend request from someone I don’t even know.

This has never happened to me on Venmo before.

I've used Venmo without a hitch since 2013 when my son roomed with a medical school student who recommended it.

Been divorced since June 2015 and ex gets paid thru Venmo every month.

Not sure why anyone has issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty annoying that paypal is so hard to get your account reactivated when there was no wrong doing. Looked around the internet a bit and it looks like my chances are slim to none. I've sold stuff locally with Zelle and use Venmo with friends. I'm not positive but I think transactions can be cancelled by then sender on Venmo but not on Zelle which is why I use Zelle. Neither great options for both buying and selling online unless both parties can be trusted.

LOL that's gold!

Bitcoin

I use Venmo all the time to send money to my college kids. Have used Zelle to pay one of my college kids landlords. They work just fine.

Back