PC “Woke” culture coming to your golf game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
After enduring a better part of 2020/2021 with “sanitizing” of society for “our benefit” I theorize that the game of golf could be their next target.
Examples of what they could come up with:
1. The term “Handicap” is a derogatory term. You will now have a “index” or “potential for par value.”
2. Tee boxes will no longer be named by vibrant colors or age/gender references. They will be named based on your tee shot distances or your “index” or “potential for par value.” (Google “Longleaf Tee Initiative”)
3. Shaft flex will have all gender and age references removed.
4. All reference to age and gender of golf clubs shall be removed.
5. The term “bomb and gouge” is too militaristic. It shall now be called “driver-wedge-fest”.
6. All golf balls will have the same number. A player with a “4” numbered ball may feel inferior to a player with a number “1” ball.
7. Everyone gets a trophy after the round.
8. Birding societies may be upset with golf scoring terminology.
The list could go on........and on.......
Anyway, another pot of coffee and finish the taxes ( or “reimbursement to the federal government for use of my money”)
Have a happy THP Monday!

Last edited:
Everyone usually gets an aluminum trophy or two at the turn when I play, but they’re usually empty pretty early on the back nine.

This thread should prove interesting.

After enduring a better part of 2020/2021 with “sanitizing” of society for “our benefit” I theorize that the game of golf could be their next target.
1. The term “Handicap” is a derogatory term. You will now have a “index” or “potential for par value.”
2. Tee boxes will no longer be named by vibrant colors or age/gender references. They will be named based on your tee shot distances or your “index” or “potential for par value.” (Google “Longleaf Tee Initiative”)
4. All reference to age and gender of golf clubs shall be removed
5. The term “bomb and gouge” is too militaristic. It shall now be called “driver-wedge-fest”.
6. All golf balls will have the same number. A player with a “4” numbered ball may feel inferior to a player with a number “1” ball.
Anyway, another pot of coffee and finish the taxes ( or “reimbursement to the federal government for use of my money”)
Have a happy THP Monday!

I want nothing to do with cancel culture but honestly there are a couple here that I would agree with.. The shaft question is really a good one. I think senior flex, and "ladies" flex terminology should go away. But, not for the reasons you would think. I see ladies that can swing regular or even stiff flex shaft but think they need Ladies because they are ladies, I see a lot more men that probably should swing a shaft with an "L" on it but wont because that is a "Ladies" shaft.

I see old people that think the need senior flexes but don't. and young people like juniors that a senior flex would be perfect for but wont.. Etc.. The stigma is preventing them from being fit in what would otherwise be best for them..

So yes gender and age terms in shaft and equipment should go away. It would aid in fitting as there would be less stigma.

Can't wait to see this one play out...

On a serious note, you probably shouldn't talk about the flex of your shafts in the workplace. Especially those swinging a stiff one.

4. All reference to age and gender of golf clubs shall be removed.
Have a happy THP Monday!
This is easy, I SHALL NOT COMPLY if they try.
I have had enough of this nonsense!!

Wait, was that post not satire?
It seems like it started as a rant and ended in satire. But heck if I know. Can't hear tone in typing.

SO true, because for so long calling a hole in one on a par 5 a "Condor" was making fun of the deceased......and we do not want to rile the dead. Their protest marches are wayyyy scarier

More PC? Nah. I'm tired of it.:ROFLMAO:

I want nothing to do with cancel culture but honestly there are a couple here that I would agree with.. The shaft question is really a good one. I think senior flex, and "ladies" flex terminology should go away. But, not for the reasons you would think. I see ladies that can swing regular or even stiff flex shaft but think they need Ladies because they are ladies, I see a lot more men that probably should swing a shaft with an "L" on it but wont because that is a "Ladies" shaft.

I see old people that think the need senior flexes but don't. and young people like juniors that a senior flex would be perfect for but wont.. Etc.. The stigma is preventing them from being fit in what would otherwise be best for them..

So yes gender and age terms in shaft and equipment should go away. It would aid in fitting as there would be less stigma.
Well, I can disagree with the tone of the OP, but agree with this. The flexes should be in numeric form. Much more accurate. However, the giant fly in the ointment, is the fact that there is no one definitive scale for flex. Every manufacturer has their own specs. I was at the range yesterday, and someone handed me a driver with a "regular" shaft, that was whippy as all get-out.

Like I mentioned in the IT thread we have been told in the company not to use certain words, which have been used for decades.
Guarantee golf will get affected soon..

Who is they?
You know, them.
If you got triggered in some way by the attempt at satire- "They" is You
If you are attempting to figure out what pronouns to use- "They" is You
If you took offense to the "tone" of the OP- "They" is You
Thanks @TLuke for the laugh this morning...

On a serious note, you probably shouldn't talk about the flex of your shafts in the workplace. Especially those swinging a stiff one.

If you got triggered in some way by the attempt at satire- "They" is You
If you are attempting to figure out what pronouns to use- "They" is You
If you took offense to the "tone" of the OP- "They" is You
Thanks @TLuke for the laugh this morning...
Honestly at this point the people offended by the people who are offended by every little thing are just as annoying as the people offended by every little thing. Both are obnoxious if you're just trying to mind your own business.

You can have my Senior Flex when you pry it out of my cold dead hands!

So am I allowed to still say "Nice putt Nancy?" or should I change it to "Nice putt Jamie" since it's unisex?
I guess that depends on if that person let you know their preferred pronouns before the round, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back