Peloton Riders Unite

I abhor working out in any fashion until we got a peloton. I can sit on that thing for 45 minutes without issue. When, after 5 minutes on a treadmill or elliptical, I'm bored out of my skull.

slacked off the past few months with travel/work/life, need to get back to 3-4 times per week like i was when we got it last winter. good reminder.

This is me. Hate working out, hate the gym, but during my test ride this thing just clicked for me.

Really looking forward to taking charge of my health and I expect losing the extra pounds and toning my core will help my golf game, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a pilot on and finished my first 20 minute. beginner ride. I really enjoyed it, was engaged and felt the workout was good.

my only complaint is that seat hurts my a$$! Any suggestions! Lol

So....anyone know of how the apple watch app works with the bike, or if it just shows metrics of completed workouts? All I can find are old things about it and from what I can tell a lot of the app features are newer. I can't for the life of me find anything that gives the answers I need haha.

Does the HR monitor on the apple watch pair over to the bike, or do you need a different HR monitor to have it show on screen? If you use an apple watch, do you just do the normal workout function on it in addition to on the bike?

Also - if you have one, do you suggest getting either the peloton specific biking shoes for it, or a different brand? And, do you have any instructors you prefer?

Also - if you have one, do you suggest getting either the peloton specific biking shoes for it, or a different brand? And, do you have any instructors you prefer?

I'll give you some halfass answers. Not sure about apple watch but I think the HR monitor is linked to the bike and i doubt apple allows that.

the cleat on the bottom of the shoe is a standard delta clip. the peloton brand is fine. but you can get anything with that clip. Probably get something a little better for a little less, but i have no complaints with the peloton ones.

switch between instructors but like Jenn, Alex, Emma, Matt, Robin and others at different times.

I'll give you some halfass answers. Not sure about apple watch but I think the HR monitor is linked to the bike and i doubt apple allows that.

the cleat on the bottom of the shoe is a standard delta clip. the peloton brand is fine. but you can get anything with that clip. Probably get something a little better for a little less, but i have no complaints with the peloton ones.

switch between instructors but like Jenn, Alex, Emma, Matt, Robin and others at different times.
Halfass answers are definitely appreciated given I have about zero answers myself haha. Thank you for the info on the shoes, I may look into getting something but will be giving it the full month trial starting tonight when I get home.

Another thing - do you NEED cycling shoes for this? I didn't even think about it, and now the bike is here and I want to make sure I can ride tonight haha

Another thing - do you NEED cycling shoes for this? I didn't even think about it, and now the bike is here and I want to make sure I can ride tonight haha
Unless you ordered pedals with cages, you’ll need clip in shoes!

So....anyone know of how the apple watch app works with the bike, or if it just shows metrics of completed workouts? All I can find are old things about it and from what I can tell a lot of the app features are newer. I can't for the life of me find anything that gives the answers I need haha.

Does the HR monitor on the apple watch pair over to the bike, or do you need a different HR monitor to have it show on screen? If you use an apple watch, do you just do the normal workout function on it in addition to on the bike?
The peloton uses ANT+ broadcasting for HR and Apple watch does not support that - I use a Garmin vivoaport 4 for that.

yes, it changes how you pedal without the clips, even with the cages.

The peloton uses ANT+ broadcasting for HR and Apple watch does not support that - I use a Garmin vivoaport 4 for that.
I figured it was apples fault. I was looking at the Scosche Rhythm+. It has really good reviews

I figured it was apples fault. I was looking at the Scosche Rhythm+. It has really good reviews
People love that thing - have heard good things about it.
And will second above, definitely get clip in shoes and you want them to be snug rather than loose.

People love that thing - have heard good things about it.
And will second above, definitely get clip in shoes and you want them to be snug rather than loose.
yes, it changes how you pedal without the clips, even with the cages.

You guys have been really helpful. Thank you. I have a quick stop to make to get some shoes and then it's cycling time tonight.

I've ben eye balling this lately.....looks really cool.

Anyone have recommendations for a complete beginner? What equipment would I want etc..?

I'm going to research this. I hate my local gym and I blow $50 a month on it and hardly go.

Anyone have recommendations for a complete beginner? What equipment would I want etc..?

I'm going to research this. I hate my local gym and I blow $50 a month on it and hardly go.
Is there a peloton store locally that you could set up a demo ride at? I’d highly recommend it. I was a total, absolute beginner, had never done spinning, and I love it. The price of entry is stew for the bike itself, but it’s really high quality and the ecosystem is fantastic.

You guys have been really helpful. Thank you. I have a quick stop to make to get some shoes and then it's cycling time tonight.
I’m very late to this party! Lol

Good luck on your fitness journey.

I’m very late to this party! Lol

Good luck on your fitness journey.

I can't wait to record my own frightened peloton video. haha

Is there a peloton store locally that you could set up a demo ride at? I’d highly recommend it. I was a total, absolute beginner, had never done spinning, and I love it. The price of entry is stew for the bike itself, but it’s really high quality and the ecosystem is fantastic.
Good call! Gonna research a test run and see how it goes. Thank you.

Wasn’t able to get shoes because I thought I could get them at dicks, so it looks like we’re going loosely tonight. Won’t really be able to push it but can still get the workout in. Will be heading out to REI tomorrow to hopefully snag a pair

First ride down! Didn’t do too bad for the first 30 minutes then tried to push myself too hard for my first workout in a while haha.

also, cycling shoes. Absolutely need cycling shoes. That was rough. Spent the whole time trying to keep my feet on the damn thing.

Shoes acquired. Let’s do this!

I have one of those, it's good. Much more comfortable to wear than the chest straps. Less accurate for HIIT or something involving weights because of how it measures heart rate, but for cardio it's spot on.

They do a 30 day in-home trial if you're interested.

Amazing what the right shoes can do hahaha. 2nd and 3rd rides down tonight. Feeling good, butt does not yet haha

also, pro tip, if you watch the videos of how to set up your seat position, listen to it. it felt weird at first so I put it lower, and I noticed about halfway through that my knee started hurting. Raised it up to where it suggests and seems good now. As someone who never rode road bikes it feels kinda awkward at first

Back