Peloton Riders Unite

Just added the tag. Don't laugh at my low ride count....

I jumped on for a ride last night with the digital app and boy am I out of shape. Need to ease my way back into this.

No Judgment here.... I got tired looking at the bike the other day... walked away and thought having a beer was a good idea! It was.

I haven't been on for a while either...

@Chef23 tell me more about the Golfforever workouts... Been trying to find something that I can incorporate into my rides that'll help on the course.

I like them so far. You can do them at home with pretty much a mat, some tubing you can anchor somewhere and maybe a dumbbell or two. They are split into mobility and rotational strength. The workouts combined usually can take between 30 and 45 minutes a day depending on how many times you go through the strength component. My only real complaint is that the instructors are too chatty I really just want to be told what to do not a chat about how important it is. I have a gym background though.

Given that I have limited space in the house they are good. If I was still going to the gym I would do Fit for golf but that needs some equipment I don't have.

What should I start out with for when I get the bike. Not really in shape per say.

What should I start out with for when I get the bike. Not really in shape per say.
Just do the intro beginner rides. From there work your way up and take the classes from the instructors that you like. Try to test out as many as you can... some you’ll really like for a variety of reasons and others will turn you off in the 1st 30 seconds. But give them a chance. Go slow to go fast when starting.

Tried a friends for a few weeks, just another cycling trainer for me. Zwift is a lot better for me, training rides are much more suited to riding a real bicycle.

If it isn't pouring or really muddy I'm riding my mountain bike. For me outdoors is part of the enjoyment.

Been on the Peloton app for a few weeks now. Have been really enjoying it. This app even got me into daily meditation. Pretty fun rides out there. My guy Alex Toussaint is a real beast.

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

I’m rapidly approaching my 200th ride, and I think it’s time to venture into the world of power zone training. I keep psyching myself up for the FTP test, but I can put it off no longer.

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

and they called today and pushed back the delivery until April 21st :mad:

Bike finally arrived!! What instructors do you guys like? Best to start beginner and work up? I have been running 3-4 miles a couple times a week.

Bike finally arrived!! What instructors do you guys like? Best to start beginner and work up? I have been running 3-4 miles a couple times a week.
Start with the beginner and advanced beginner ones. You probably be able to jump up fairly quick to the regular stuff pretty quick.

Jenn, Leanne and Emma are my go-tos.

My bike arrived Wednesday and I was able to take my first two rides yesterday. I really like the motivation and various class lengths.
I believe I am going to enjoy this a lot.

Two weeks to the day and my bike is having issues. The output was not displaying, but the bike was still usable.
Called peloton to troubleshoot and now it’s not rideable. :mad:

will know today what they say next.

Two weeks to the day and my bike is having issues. The output was not displaying, but the bike was still usable.

Urgh. That sucks. They do seem to be pretty good in the customer service side though, so hopefully they get a replacement out to you soon. I think I’m now at the stage where losing my bike would be like losing one of my kids LOL.

Start with the beginner and advanced beginner ones. You probably be able to jump up fairly quick to the regular stuff pretty quick.

Jenn, Leanne and Emma are my go-tos.
Big fan of Emma Lovewell. My wife likes Oliva but the classes can be tough. A lot harder than I would think, but burning 350 Cal in 30 min is pretty impressive.

Urgh. That sucks. They do seem to be pretty good in the customer service side though, so hopefully they get a replacement out to you soon. I think I’m now at the stage where losing my bike would be like losing one of my kids LOL.

pretty upset as I feel I was just getting into a good rhythm.The customer service rep I talked with was very nice and knowledgeable. She was a rider and not just someone in a cubical.

I guess be glad you don't have one of their treadmills ??? :oops:
Saw their recall of 125,000 treadmills (all of them).... wow.

Maybe. I purchased the Bike+ which is still fairly new. Plenty of time for a recall on that one :D

I have both the Bike and Tread but don't anticipate returning the Tread due to the voluntary recall. They outlined our options as return it for a full refund or wait for a free repair in the coming weeks. We make sure the safety key is fully removed after use and both machines live in our garage, so no kids of pets around. From what I've read, it sounds like there will be a patch rolled out where the user has to enter a four digit pin to access the Tread moving forward.

Back