This story makes me sick everytime I hear about it. The fact that anybody at PSU is dictating anything to anybody makes me want to vomit. How are the taxpayers in Pennsylvania not stringing these people up. I know if my money went into protecting and enabling a child rapist, I would be overwhelmed by violent anger.

Heard this morning that the DA originally on this case "disappeared" back in 2005...and still hasn't been found. But, all of his financial accounts never had any suspicious activity after his disappearance. A search of his various computer's revealed that he was trying to figure out how to erase hard drives, blah, blah, blah. His car was found with cellphone in it. But, the DA, his wallet and laptop weren't found. I think his laptop was later found in some river. Nothing said about what other cases he was working on.

-----
Also heard that the student section will physically turn their backs to the football players & field during the playing of the school song. A better message would be to not attend the game.

I think PSU should cancel the rest of the season.

Again, I don't see how this is a football issue, unless some facts come out that Joe helped cover this up. Sandusky was retired, and his status and access to the campus was granted to him by the Administration. Paterno had nothing to lose if this came out in 2002. The scumbag was already gone. The Adminstration covered it up as it more than likely feared there were others and the amount of lawsuits it most likely will have to defend itself. Now if Paterno agreed to the cover up, he is just as guilty, but I am assuming by the fact that he was mentioned as a witness for the prosecution in the perjury case that he was told something by Schulz/Curley.

I remember the DA going missing - but that was 7 years later. This monster should have been locked up in 1998.

Also, someone explain to me how this scumbag is free on $100k bail, which wasn't even required to be posted? Isn't this guy a serious threat to society?

Season should be gone. Burn the football program to the ground. Give all the players another year on scholarship. The fact that anyone in that program is talking football at all is disgusting.

Moral failure of epic proportions and an example of "ra ra" mentality gone wrong. When people are putting the reputation of the school ahead of the safety of children something is wrong. Heads must roll!
The fact that the poor misguided students were rallying in support of the coach gets my blood boiling. :angry:

There probably won't be another SMU..........but this might get close.

I'm so disgusted with this. IMO there are 4 coaches who I would trust absolutely in any situation to do the right thing - sports or non sports related. John Wooden, Coach K, Dean Smith and I would have said Paterno before this......

I think other football fans are using this to give their team a better schedule. Thats sad.

I think other football fans are using this to give their team a better schedule. Thats sad.

I don't even know wtf that means

What are you talking about Thain?

Nope - I'm saying burn the season to the ground because they have way more important things to sort out than some game.

Paterno said today in his statement that "he should have done more", to me that says he was involved in a cover if by nothing else than keeping his mouth shut.

Paterno said today in his statement that "he should have done more", to me that says he was involved in a cover if by nothing else than keeping his mouth shut.

Agreed- admission of guilt (or guilty conscience). This just absolutely blows my mind.

My thoughts are similar on that. Maybe it should say "I should have called the police as soon as I heard about this"

My thoughts are similar on that. Maybe it should say "I should have called the police as soon as I heard about this"

And 'I should have beat the crap out of the dirty old piece of s$%t that I mistakenly thought was a good person and coach for the past 30 years'.....

I'm working nights and I'm only catching bits and pieces. Is this wrong...

1) McQuery tells Joe Pa about strange activity but not exactly what's going on
2) Joe informs his boss
3) DA gets involved and, amazingly, decides there isn't enough evidence
4) Sandusky is no longer coaching

If that scenario is correct then McQuery should be the one in everyone's crosshairs.

I'll get caught up completely when I work off.

Coming out of Penn State just a few minutes ago, Joe Paterno has been fired from his head coaching position.

Fun fact: The last time Penn State hired a head coach was when Lyndon B Johnson was president.

I just watched that press conference, it's amazing to me that some of the reporters were asking questions that seemed to be questioning why Paterno was fired, and the reporters were actually angry about it when they were asking those questions!

While we aren't exactly sure about what Joe Pa knew or didn't know I am glad that this isn't going to become a celebration for him while this is going on.

I hope they clear everything up, and those who are guilty have to face it.

Looks like Penn St cleaned house....firing Joe Pa and the school president.

Glad they dealt which it quick & didn't let it drag on much longer without taking action.

Glad they made a swift move,,,I didn't want to see him get to go out on "his terms". I don't know how much he knew or didn't know...but anything less than him going straight to the REAL police...not campus cops is gross negligance in my opinion.

Glad they made a swift move,,,I didn't want to see him get to go out on "his terms". I don't know how much he knew or didn't know...but anything less than him going straight to the REAL police...not campus cops is gross negligance in my opinion.
It's a shame such a great coaching career is going to be marred by his failure to report something he should have.

I wonder how many people wanting him gone have Michael Jackson cds.

--
tapatalk

It's a shame such a great coaching career is going to be marred by his failure to report something he should have.

I know what you mean Smallie, until recently I held him in very high regard and his coaching career is just amazing, but there is no excuse for keeping your mouth closed on something like this.

Back