Perfect practice? Issue?

JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
Mods if I’ve misplaced this please move, thanks.

for those who own, is this normal? I’ve had mine rolled out for 3 days, the sides curl up, the last foot plus won’t sit flat, and looks to be miss cut around 4 ft. Also breaks that i can’t seem to smooth out?

I’d like to exchange I’d necessary, but would keep if this is normal.

i won’t go into the ball return issues!

thanks for your time!

PS any idea where these stimp?

What a maroon, i forgot the photo! DFF620CF-4D69-4931-9B51-D515CF17AFE7.jpeg

Thats a bummer. I would reach out to the company.

I find the sides roll up. I can't hit the right small hole while aiming up the dotted line. The side being up causes the putts to break far left.

When I am using it regularly, i put a weight at the bottom and a weight on the side edging. I love the quality of this thing, but my VariSpeed is thicker and lies flatter. Because it is a wider mat, even if the edges curl a bit it doesn't bother most putts. Speaking of which, does anyone have a bag or storage solution for this Perfect Practice mat?

I presume it’s still returnable, but I’ll contact the manufacture first.

two thoughts for you (1) the buldge on the left side around 4ft does not look normal; yet your lines look straigth

(2) floor may not be level. Mine is NOT. My putts break left a little (1/2 inch) so I put a level on my floor and sure enough it is not level. Here is my theory on my setup (your situation might be different). I think I sometimes Pull my putts, sometimes hook them, and sometimes pull hook them. Given the natural left roll it makes me look incompant as a putter. Now, if I pure a putt with no wobble on my line with strong pace up the ramp it does not break.

I have one gripe with this matt. The ramp is too Steep. I played yesterday and if I had stroked a 4ft putt as hard as the perfect putt requires and had I missed I likely would be 4-8 feel long. at most I should be 1.5 to 3ft long

You need to iron them to get them flat. I had to do it a few times to get it to stay flat. The ball return works fine for me.

None of the indoor things like this are perfect. It is always just a way to get your putting stroke sorted out I don't think you can use them to judge speed. Speed is different every day on the course and you need to adjust accordingly.

I believe they do recommend ironing it to get it to flatten out.

I personally think it is an overrated putting mat. Have owned one for almost a year and still use my 12 year old Big Moss mat 99.9% of the time. We live in a very old house and finding a level spot was very difficult. The PP mat is too thin and narrow to really use without a ton of frustration unless you have it on a very level surface. I finally did find a place, after about a dozen attempts, in my house where it functions properly.

They do seem like a very attentive company so I think they will work with you if your mat is indeed defective.

Thanks for all the comments. I am using it on carpet over concrete. I am sure it's not 100% level but should be relatively close.

So I used for the last season - pretty religiously a putting accelerator - I think we bought for my daughter about 8 years ago, I just started using it this year. It uses indoor/outdoor carpet, and you putt from 3,5 and 7 ft. I has really helped me - I was a TERRIBLE putter, just awful. At one time, I could easily 3 putt 1/2 of the greens I played, now maybe 3 and I will 1 putt a similar number as well, sometimes more.

I wife bought me a 3 holed wider version of these things, before the sale at Budget Golf - it is made from an actual what I think used to be called trackless carpet - it has a pile but it's very VERY short it's thicker than the indoor outdoor, and slower as well, but it does sit flat and but it's a knockoff and not well made, the return is terrible - balls catch under the ramp.

The perfect practice is the fastest of the 3 (and the longest, since I ordered the XL), I am not sure the ramp is real issue - I think it's speed (but that would change for each of us) and obviously on course too. I do have a putting mat where I can make breaks and such - it's not great but it's a nice alternative. I am now not sure if I should just continue to use the putting accelerator - which I believe has been grooved to some extent, but would still function in terms of the stroke, or keep the perfect practice, or maybe have them send an alternate.

I guess I will give it a bit more thought - if there any further comments - please feel free to let me know!

Thanks

Back