Perfect Practice Putting Mat

Elmave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Picked up a Perfect Practice Putting Mat from ohksports.com. It is a great putting aid and i have found it really helps develop a solid consistent stroke. The markings on the surface help with alignment and gives you instant feedback as you take the head back. The concept is much like the drill pros use with taking the putter head back through two tees. Multiple markings including distance really help with practice. There are two holes a standard and a smaller than standard. After putting to the smaller hole the standard seems huge. It also has a very nice ball return system which helps keep the flow going when you are practicing. It is a quality product and it has really helped me with my stroke. Very satisfied with this putting aid and the quality of this product.

Thats always good to hear. Thanks for the review.

Before I go off on a different tangent, let me say I really like the idea of this product. I like the runway stripes and the 2 different sized holes. The smaller hole is awesome because the aim small, miss small really works...for me.

But, the photo shoot of DJ and the mat on a practice green might be the worst photo shoot idea of all time in the golf world. Why not do a feature in DJs sick house in Jup?

2797FA93-FAEC-43AD-924E-AE11BB94EABC.jpeg

That pic with DJ is NOT good. The matt looks wrinkled and uneven. I have this matt and I love it too. The matt lays flat and nice. I like trying to make 10 putts in a row from each ft distance 2ft-8ft on the normal sized hole. Then starting again on smaller hole and trying again. Not moving to a new distance until you've made 10 in a row without a miss.

That pic with DJ is NOT good. The matt looks wrinkled and uneven. I have this matt and I love it too. The matt lays flat and nice. I like trying to make 10 putts in a row from each ft distance 2ft-8ft on the normal sized hole. Then starting again on smaller hole and trying again. Not moving to a new distance until you've made 10 in a row without a miss.

I think this is my winter 2020 purchase.

that was the very first thing i seen and thought, the mat looks very messy like an after thought. just throw the mat in and hurry up take the picture.....
"hey buy this mat because look we have dj in the picture" :rolleyes:
i have been looking into this for sometime though, but i want something like a 10x10 putting mat/surface.

that was the very first thing i seen and thought, the mat looks very messy like an after thought. just throw the mat in and hurry up take the picture.....
"hey buy this mat because look we have dj in the picture" :rolleyes:
i have been looking into this for sometime though, but i want something like a 10x10 putting mat/surface.
If you want that, this is not for you. I bought it because I can roll it out, then roll it back up again and get it out of the way easily.

I think this is my winter 2020 purchase.

Think I might join you there. Been looking for something to help with my putting. This may just be it.

I actually have a question for those who own this...if I roll the mat up after every use, will the mat stay flat once I roll it out again? Or will it develop "bumps" after being stored rolled up?

I actually have a question for those who own this...if I roll the mat up after every use, will the mat stay flat once I roll it out again? Or will it develop "bumps" after being stored rolled up?
I have mine set up in a room where i can leave it out without rolling it up. I just looked at it and rolled it up to see how that would go. Its got a thicker base under the putting surface and it seems like it would roll and unroll and maintain its quality but i cant be sure. What i am sure of is that i have had it since September and going into this season i have practiced quite a bit. I have never putted better. This mat really has helped me work on my stroke from takeaway to follow through. Like Toddjo27b i set a certain number of putts to make from each distance before moving back. I start on the small hole side and finish with the standard hole side. After putting to the small hole the standard side hole looks huge. I think that this matt really helps work on and groove a stroke. Glad i got it.

Last edited:
I got one a while back. Hands down my favorite putting mat. The speed is perfect (pun intended) and the lines help with all the visual stuff (ball roll, your hands/putter face at impact, etc). Just a good quality affordable putting mat.

Got one of these last year and it did not work for me. Liked the mat but we live in a house that is 140 or so years old and the floors were not level enough to use this mat on. I have a wider and thicker mat that I have been using for over 10 years that works much better in my house. Ending up passing it on to a friend.

Got one of these last year and it did not work for me. Liked the mat but we live in a house that is 140 or so years old and the floors were not level enough to use this mat on. I have a wider and thicker mat that I have been using for over 10 years that works much better in my house. Ending up passing it on to a friend.

Do the floors/carpet I plan to use this on have to be "perfectly" flat? My floors are little old and I can tell just from putting on the carpet, there is a slight slope.

Do the floors/carpet I plan to use this on have to be "perfectly" flat? My floors are little old and I can tell just from putting on the carpet, there is a slight slope.

With as narrow as the putting green is on our unlevel floors, I found it quite difficult to keep the ball on the mat. Tried it in 6 or 7 different places in our house before giving up on it. It just proved to not be near as effective for me as my old putting mat.

Back