Personal Golf Course

I understand the walking out your back door to play a few holes before dinner. I also think that their
are alot of private courses that have only a few hundred members with probably only 1/2 of them
playing any golf. i.e. Augusta National. During the summer, I'd head to Pebble beach and rotate my time
between them, cypress point and Spyglass since with are talking about unlimited funds.

I understand the walking out your back door to play a few holes before dinner. I also think that their
are alot of private courses that have only a few hundred members with probably only 1/2 of them
playing any golf. i.e. Augusta National. During the summer, I'd head to Pebble beach and rotate my time
between them, cypress point and Spyglass since with are talking about unlimited funds.

I think I would rather have my own few holes, made the way I wanted them over being a member somewhere. But, as I said, if you can afford one. You can probably afford the other as well.

Me, I am trying to figure out how to pay for a 3 wood that is $250..... o_O

I liked John Smoltz's old house that had nice synthetic green and nine different teeing areas.

I came up with a much cheaper solution to this problem. Live on the perimeter of an old school public track that costs $450/year for free walking. I am the home and blue dot.

Screenshot_20200414-173337_Maps.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200414-173337_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200414-173337_Maps.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 5
I came up with a much cheaper solution to this problem. Live on the perimeter of an old school public track that costs $450/year for free walking. I am the home and blue dot.

View attachment 8937389
And somebody else takes care of the maintenance for you. And maybe there's even somebody in that clubhouse who would make you a sammich!

I think it's all about perspective. If you have a ton of money and a large, lavish property, it probably has gardens that need to be tended. You'll need to pay a staff to maintain them, so I vote, in lieu of rose bushes go with tees and fairways.

That is a whole ton of maintenance, but I actually quite like this perspective since you’ve got the cash to have the property etc so likely have the funds to have the grounds maintained.

If I have to maintain everything, plus work a regular job there’s no way.

That is a whole ton of maintenance, but I actually quite like this perspective since you’ve got the cash to have the property etc so likely have the funds to have the grounds maintained.

If I have to maintain everything, plus work a regular job there’s no way.
Yeah, if I had to mow, and tend to it myself, my home course would be 1 par 3, and it would be in different conditions every day of the week!

Yeah, if I had to mow, and tend to it myself, my home course would be 1 par 3, and it would be in different conditions every day of the week!
Absolutely! Keeping up on the putting green would be hard enough!
I have a ton of respect for a greens crew who can maintain some of the amazing courses I’ve been on.

On the assumption that I had someone to maintain it full time, then absolutely I would be all over that like a shot. I would also never log into work again...

Back