Personal simulator.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What’s your thoughts on simulator use when unable to hit the course. Recently put one together with a buddy. Have used it for several practice sessions as well as course play. For us it has become very addictive. D35E1E56-D578-4F42-9673-F6358730AFE3.jpeg

That looks awesome. Mind stating the cost and size of that bad boy?

I have a Foresight launch monitor and always intended to get a full swing simulator. It’s not in the cards now since my wife did not let me pour the basement to 12 feet deep.

I have always wanted a setup like that. I think it would be great for keeping some semblance of a swing during the offseason.

That looks pretty good. Is that a SkyTrak setup?

If I had the space I would 100% have one. I know some people don’t like hitting on mats, but IMO just swinging consistently and hitting balls helps out a ton.

Plus with a sim you get feedback that hitting into a net doesn’t provide.

I can't make up my mind on what I want to do for mine. I have a cage set up in my backyard and then a net set up in my garage that I've been using during the colder months. The garage set up has be somewhat mobile so I can set it up and take it down for car access. And the garage height is a little under 9 foot which is not ideal. The outdoor space has more air flow for the hot Oklahoma summer months.

In an ideal world I would build like a 14x16 foot shed with 10 foot ceilings. After looking at our HOA though I don't think this is doable in my back yard.

Mostly i just use the range function working on my swing on it vs trying to use it for sim golf with TGC. I was looking at setting up some kind of retractable screen in my garage that would be easier to set up/take down, that I could also use a projector with. I just use an iPad to either use skytrak range or use remote streaming for TGC on a PC I have inside currently.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I would use it all the time. It would be great for practice, getting gaps right for the bag, and fun.

That looks awesome. Mind stating the cost and size of that bad boy?
Screen is 16x9 have not run a total on everything a good estimate is right at 7k

Oh man that looks awesome! My goal is to have a simulator room in my house someday. Just gotta convince the other half to let me have a full room dedicated to golf for me:oops:

Looks fantastic. I am jealous.

Would love to have something like that in my house all winter to have fun

Very nice bbutler, I'm jealous too. Looking at the I-Bar and ceiling insulation I'm guessing your sim in a shop or metal building of some kind?

If I had space and funds I would absolutely do it. I always seem to suck on them, but they are quite fun.

Weighing my options, I really want to do this. My garage is only 8ft, i can and have swung a driver, but it was an uneasy feeling. If I go forward, it will likely be for irons only.

Very nice bbutler, I'm jealous too. Looking at the I-Bar and ceiling insulation I'm guessing your sim in a shop or metal building of some kind?
Yes it’s in my shop. When I built the shop I put a loft in the first 20 foot bay. Simulator takes up half of the loft area.

Best money I ever spent. It wasn't cheap but makes the winter months go by much faster and has improved my ball striking tremendously.

I can't make up my mind on what I want to do for mine. I have a cage set up in my backyard and then a net set up in my garage that I've been using during the colder months. The garage set up has be somewhat mobile so I can set it up and take it down for car access. And the garage height is a little under 9 foot which is not ideal. The outdoor space has more air flow for the hot Oklahoma summer months.

In an ideal world I would build like a 14x16 foot shed with 10 foot ceilings. After looking at our HOA though I don't think this is doable in my back yard.

Mostly i just use the range function working on my swing on it vs trying to use it for sim golf with TGC. I was looking at setting up some kind of retractable screen in my garage that would be easier to set up/take down, that I could also use a projector with. I just use an iPad to either use skytrak range or use remote streaming for TGC on a PC I have inside currently.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I think you'd need a little more than that. I have a 12x16x10 and I think it would be REALLY small even with two more feet.

That looks awesome. I really wish I could do something similar. Unfortunately, I'm completely screwed by low ceilings.

I've been enjoying the heck out of my setup for the last couple of weeks. We may be getting a blizzard here this weekend so it's nice to be able to still get some swings in.

Nice setup. What temp do you keep your garage?

Very cool I would be living in that room all the time.

Nice setup. What temp do you keep your garage?
Throughout the winter I keep it around 35* to keep the vehicles melting off but I'll bump it up to 55-60* when I go out there to play. I get pretty warm swinging so I can drop it a little lower as time goes on.

Back