Peter Kostis - No Laying Up

Bunker Snot

**** 2024 GOAT Cup **** $$$ Team MIKE $$$
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Last edited:
haha ;)

I listened yesterday. One of the better interviews I’ve listened to in a while.

It was amazing, and needed.

And f**k Patrick Reed and his ********.

Very interesting...

How long is the interview? It may be something to listen to on my car ride this weekend

@ddec did you listen yet?

@ddec did you listen yet?

Mentioned in another thread. Haven't been really following/listening to podcasts for the last 6-7 months. But I downloaded this one this morning and it's running right now.

Mentioned in another thread. Haven't been really following/listening to podcasts for the last 6-7 months. But I downloaded this one this morning and it's running right now.

Kostis kinda went on a bit of a FYWT there and said a couple statements that were jaw dropping. He lit up cbs a couple times and it was awesome.

Then the P Reed stuff.... hahaha

Good for him, lot of hot takes there

Such a great podcast

Finally some proof that they all know the coverage sucks, and they dont care. I feel like he spread the blame evenly between CBS and the PGA Tour, stating multiple times how the Tour charging too much for the television rights is why we only get to see 3 golf swings per 5 minutes on TV.

Reed...well no surprise there.

One of the best golf interviews I've listened to in a long time. I love the frank nature Peter provides.

Great interview......Laughable that CBS feels like they need to go younger.....The Reed stuff insightful. Improving lies a few times.....

Finally some proof that they all know the coverage sucks, and they dont care. I feel like he spread the blame evenly between CBS and the PGA Tour, stating multiple times how the Tour charging too much for the television rights is why we only get to see 3 golf swings per 5 minutes on TV.

Reed...well no surprise there.
If that is what he said, that is nonsense. CBS seeking to maximize revenue is why, regardless of what they agreed to pay the Tour. And it will be governed by ratings. If not enough golf is being shown and it bothers people, ratings go down and CBS will lose advertising revenue. Eventually the balance is found.

Kostis kinda went on a bit of a FYWT there and said a couple statements that were jaw dropping. He lit up cbs a couple times and it was awesome.

Then the P Reed stuff.... hahaha

He doesn't sound like the jilted lover that I thought he might. He brings up some really solid points, some of which we all might have suspected. There are times where there is some bitterness, but that should be expected.

He doesn't sound like the jilted lover that I thought he might. He brings up some really solid points, some of which we all might have suspected. There are times where there is some bitterness, but that should be expected.

When he said they don’t care about the viewer they care about just promoting their sponsors, I was like aaaaaaannnd here we go.

It was good, wasn't it?

It was good, wasn't it?

I enjoyed. Listened while getting ready this morning, on the drive to work, and finished up at my desk.

When he said they don’t care about the viewer they care about just promoting their sponsors, I was like aaaaaaannnd here we go.

When he went in to the lack of cameras and missed shots, I think everyone who has watched CBS on this west coast swing was like....

When he went in to the lack of cameras and missed shots, I think everyone who has watched CBS on this west coast swing was like....

Yuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

He did it without truly going all napalm, just facts, and things some of us have been screaming FOREVER.

He's again spot on with his takes especially on the golf coverage. The coverage is so bad that I watch almost zero live golf outside of the Masters or the last hour of coverage on Sunday for other tournaments. I now am happy just waiting for the Golf Channel highlights after the tournament is over.

Last edited:
He's again spot on with his takes especially on the golf coverage. The coverage is so bad that I watch almost zero live golf outside of the Masters or the last hour of coverage on Sunday for other tournaments and waiting for the Golf Channel highlights after the tournament is over.
You see how Augusta always operating on a one-year contract every year is brilliant.

Yuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

He did it without truly going all napalm, just facts, and things some of us have been screaming FOREVER.

yup. BTW I like what he said about FOX, which we kind of expected. But I'm pretty sure CBS can make up money elsewhere too.

Back