PGA 2k21 - course builders?

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Do we have any THPers who build courses in PGA 2k21?

I've messed around with the Lidar tools but never have completed anything of substance

I tried briefly. Made a 200 ft pit and gave up. Lol

Haha yeah, I've never tried.

I guess I was just wondering how hard it is to make a copy of an existing course.

I guess I was just wondering how hard it is to make a copy of an existing course.
I’m in the process of making one for my sim… (TGC2019 works with 2k21)… but I’m no help right now as I’m just learning.

I play the game often but creating a course seems confusing. What I would like to know is how can I play/ download courses that others have made?

From looking into it a bit, there are a few folks that recreate the courses by hand in the designer, but most people use this tool to recreate courses in TGC 2019: https://chadrockey.github.io/TGC-Designer-Tools/TUTORIAL.html

My home couse was already mapped for the most part in OpenStreetMap so I was able to load the rough shell pretty quickly. Was cool to hit a couple shots on (a very ugly version) of my home course in a video game. It takes a lot of hours from importing the shell to it being a finished course so I haven't given it a go beyond that.

I just bought an Xbox Series S last night strictly because I wanted to play PGA 2K21 and use the course builder. I played around with it in TGC 2019. It’s tough enough to build an imaginary course without trying to duplicate an existing course. I tried in TGC 2019. I failed miserably. I think taking design cues and going for a general copy is probably best for anyone just getting started in using the course designer.

I found the Course Design 101 by Crazycanuck1985 YouTube playlist. He does a pretty good job of explaining how he does it.

I enjoy playing PGA 2k21, but haven't tried the course builder. I don't think I'd get out of it, what I would put into it so I won't be building a course lol

I am a course designer for hire for tgc 2019 and 2K21. For folks that want to try it themselves I also published a tutorial here. Creating the lidar based course file is the quickest part, this can take only a few hours. Once you import the course into TGC the design work usually takes a minimum of 20 to 25 hours if you want a good recreation of your course with lots of detail.

Last edited:
I'm not a video gamer, but if I had better computer skills, I'd love a program which allowed me to design golf courses.
That would be lots of fun.

I play the game often but creating a course seems confusing. What I would like to know is how can I play/ download courses that others have made?
Just have to go in to search and most courses are there. If you Google a specific course you can usually find what the creator names it.

I would fail miserably, however will give it a try one day.

My son made a course in 2K21.

He put every green in the middle of a water hazard.

Just have to go in to search and most courses are there. If you Google a specific course you can usually find what the creator names it.
Thanks, I have it on the Switch and didn’t see that option but I’ll try to look again.

Back