PGA.com Value guide

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I see a lot of pricing of gear in the market place that is a bit high and tends to sit. I thought I'd post a link to the PGA value guide so folks can see what the estimate resale value is as well as the trade in value. Happy Selling...

http://valueguide.pga.com

See this value guide throws me off sometimes. Especially the trade in value. The resale numbers are pulled right from ebay so those are a little more true but the trade ins seem to be off

Vapor Pro is $400 new. I wouldn't sell it to God himself for the $155 they say in that trade-in guide. It's nonsense.

With the trade-in value being just about 1/3 of resale I'd always try to sell first.

Thank you for the Link Freddie. Its amazing how much golf equipment loses value after purchase. Im not sure whats worse, buying a new car or buying new golf equipment. And trade in values? LOL

Why don't you hit the resale tab and get that number.
Vapor Pro is $400 new. I wouldn't sell it to God himself for the $155 they say in that trade-in guide. It's nonsense.

With the trade-in value being just about 1/3 of resale I'd always try to sell first.

They are like cars, they lose value very quickly on the trade in value. but the resale value is more tolerable.
Thank you for the Link Freddie. Its amazing how much golf equipment loses value after purchase. Im not sure whats worse, buying a new car or buying new golf equipment. And trade in values? LOL

I did, checked on a set of irons. Trade-In $60, Re-Sale $177. Too big a gap for me. Thanks for the link though, very helpful.

thanks freddie...i use this as well as ebay and the link my fitter uses for club value when i try to sell in the marketplace.

Just tried to access the link from both my work PC and my mobile and I am not able to access the page? On my work PC I get a message saying the page is unavailable so I assumed it was blocked, but on my mobile I get a blank page using both Wifi and my mobile data

Tried to Google the page and got sub-links for drivers, irons, etc but none of them work?

I'm not an idiot. I checked that too. I was just saying the trade-in price on equipment is absurd.

trade in prices suck, but they need it low enough so that they can make a few bucks on the resale, as much as I hate it they arent in the business as a non profit

Did you put your grumpy pants on this morning. I was just going off what you wrote about the trade in value.
I'm not an idiot. I checked that too. I was just saying the trade-in price on equipment is absurd.

trade in prices suck, but they need it low enough so that they can make a few bucks on the resale, as much as I hate it they arent in the business as a non profit
No doubt. Business is business, but trade-in is still hardly worth the time.

Did you put your grumpy pants on this morning. I was just going off what you wrote about the trade in value.
hahahaha Grumpy Pants, just putting on Pants makes me grumpy, i prefer shorts :angel:

Shops are in business to make money, its not charity. Maybe someday UNICEF will get into the golf club trade-in world, but until then, those are the prices you're going to get.

Shops are in business to make money, its not charity. Maybe someday UNICEF will get into the golf club trade-in world, but until then, those are the prices you're going to get.

Daaaaaaang, always dig the JD references!

I never trade in clubs. I either sell it before the value gets too low or give it away to someone.

Golfsmith uses they're own numbers, which are usually higher than pga value guide. Got $60 (plus 30 more, 90 in the end ) for my amp cell. Value guide has a high resale of 83!
My play it again sports uses the guide, and pays 40% of the resale price.

Golfsmith uses they're own numbers, which are usually higher than pga value guide. Got $60 (plus 30 more, 90 in the end ) for my amp cell. Value guide has a high resale of 83!
My play it again sports uses the guide, and pays 40% of the resale price.

When I've traded in at Golfsmith, they've always given me the highest tradein value. I've only done that with clubs that weren't worth selling on eBay, between fees, shipping, etc. so for those clubs at least, trading in was a decent value.

I always use what the pga value guide suggests to come up with a number when selling clubs.

This is my first reference when I'm about to sell a club. I usually gauge the condition and try to decide where in the range it falls.

No doubt. Business is business, but trade-in is still hardly worth the time.
It is what it is. Ever traded in a car?

If you arent a realist and try and sell your clubs for what YOU think they are worth you're left with three options. 1. Sell on craiglist. You'll get 10 lowball offers, maybe 4 people will come look at your clubs THEN try and lowball you and waste your time. 2. Sell on ebay. Have fun with that one after eBay and Paypal take your money. 3. Sell to someone you know and then after they figure out that you ripped them off.

The reality is you are not buying anything except a house to try and make money. You buy, use it for I dont care how long, and it's worth the MOST half of what you paid for it.

This is why I hardly ever buy something new. Plenty of people out there that dont mind the hit on resale and buy something new constantly whether its clubs, cars, bikes, tvs.......take your pick.

With all the after market and upgrade shafts out there today in all clubs, I wonder if they will ever update their system to include that type of information.

I've never used pga.com value guide before until this weekend. I had some clubs I wanted to get rid of- irons, driver, 3wood and a wedge. I had a number in my head before I started. So I went to ebay to check what the going amounts were per club.
After I figured my time, picture taking, shipping if they sold, fees, and a headache... I remembered this pga.com deal. So I went online, quickly went through each item, it spit out an amount they would pay me and I said great, next I printed off a shipping label that they pay for! And all I did was mail the clubs.
Now these clubs were a little older, my number was net $100, they paid me $140!
How easy was all this!

Back