PGA events with no fans

Not unexpected and will be a little strange to watch. I guess all of those idiots that constantly have their phones out taking pics and videos instead of paying attention to the tournament will have to sit on their couch and do it off the TV.

Breaking news: PGA just announcing they will continue events but without any fans starting now with the Players.

Discuss
I just wonder if the PGA is being tone deaf by still playing.. Other outdoor sports including MLS are suspending, but somehow golf is ok to keep playing?..

And why was it ok to keep fans there all day today? Somehow they were assured that those there were not already carriers and posed risks to other fans and players?

Maybe it's me but don't see why they kept playing today, or even tomorrow and the rest of the weekend..

At least we won't have to listen to people yelling stupid stuff!

Just like the masters and birds, they’ll dub it in so we get a true experience

No one yelling Mashed Potatoes or kicking Tigers golf ball into a playable lie. I'm in.
Somebody yelled "CORONA WHO!" after a Koepka drive today on PGA Live. People are so darn stupid.

Man I’m glad I pulled all my money out of the market at the beginning of last week. This is going to get worse before it gets better. This is nuts!

The economic impact of all this is going to be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I took it out over the summer and started putting it back in. The herd stupidity of this is quite amazing. Bargains are abound and should last until Italy starts indicating a drop in cases just like China and Korea did.

Love that the pga didn't go full apocalypse and cancel everything.

I just wonder if the PGA is being tone deaf by still playing.. Other outdoor sports including MLS are suspending, but somehow golf is ok to keep playing?..

And why was it ok to keep fans there all day today? Somehow they were assured that those there were not already carriers and posed risks to other fans and players?

Maybe it's me but don't see why they kept playing today, or even tomorrow and the rest of the weekend..
With MLS there’s a lot of people in the same general vicinity, meaning all the players within the field of play. With golf you’ve got what 2 players, 2 caddies and maybe 1 or 2 other folks to walk with the groups. That’s stretched over 400 acres—- with no more than say 10 people per hole.

I took it out over the summer and started putting it back in. The herd stupidity of this is quite amazing. Bargains are abound and should last until Italy starts indicating a drop in cases just like China and Korea did.
Indeed.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching great golf while not having to hear the idiotic shouting that comes from the gallery.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching great golf while not having to hear the idiotic shouting that comes from the gallery.
The players are all saying the right things about how the fans pump them up and all that - but in reality, I honestly doubt they're going to miss it either. But it's not like they can come out and say "Yeah, it's going to be awesome to finally get a round in without all the idiots yelling and tromping around the course".

Given all the cancellations and suspensions of the seasons in other sports, I’m really surprised that this tournament is going on.
Honestly, someone needs to take the lead and be cautious without catastrophic. If pga can keep this going without incident for a few weeks, it will be so much easier to restart things sportswise, and in turn economic. If they cave with everyone else, it might be fall or longer before we see anyone restart.

Honestly, someone needs to take the lead and be cautious without catastrophic. If pga can keep this going without incident for a few weeks, it will be so much easier to restart things sportswise, and in turn economic. If they cave with everyone else, it might be fall or longer before we see anyone restart.

Hopefully, no golfer ends up testing positive.

So much for that idea....

Oh, for f*** sake, has everyone lost their mind?

Oh, for f*** sake, has everyone lost their mind?

Yes. Without question the media has manufactured a crisis and the groups holding events are worried of being sued if someone gets sick.

World is shutting down for a flu strain. Amazing the lemmings following each other off a cliff

Yes. Without question the media has manufactured a crisis and the groups holding events are worried of being sued if someone gets sick.

World is shutting down for a flu strain. Amazing the lemmings following each other off a cliff

Are you a physician ?

DG_1234...are you a physician yourself?

Last edited:
I sleep with one. (y)

Back