PGA Show Contest Wrap Up

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Well, I'm (nearly) recovered from a week overstuffed with the business of golf. Clubs, clothes, carts, and Creamer.

First, I want to thank JB and GG for being incredible hosts and welcoming me into their home prior to the show. We played some great golf with great people, I got to try out all the new 2010 drivers, and I ate (way too much) great food (mmmmmmm . . . Volcano Wings . . . mmmmmmmm).

JB and GG's home course was a shorter, but tight, challenging course with small greens. I lost a few balls that day. Sarasota National was wide open but long with bunkers and water hazards to swallow your ball, and winds to make you second guess every club selection.

Second, setting aside the work portion, the Show itself was monstrous. A bazillion square feet dedicated to every possible facet of golf. From the demo day at Orange County National where we got to see Justin Leonard and Suzann Pettersen make fun of Justin's (lack of) length off the tee, to the indoor booths full of both established companies showing off their latest innovations and smaller upstart companies trying to get their foot in the door. "Spectacle" is an understatement.

But most important to me are the people I got to meet: the super cool guys from Sligo who all hit the ball 300 yards; the crew from SeeMore who had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to choke; the Bridgestone guys with their jokes and "inside" info on my favorite players (no, I'm not sharing
bleh.gif
); the lovely ladies from Lija and Golftini; the cool British style of Ian Poulter Designs; the work hard/play hard attitude of the Cleveland folks; and everyone else who could not have been nicer.

Thanks everyone!

Congrats again Harry!! Glad you enjoyed it :)

It was so great to read the descriptive posts of your experience at the event. I am glad to hear you had plenty of fun with the large workload you were bestowed with upon winning the contest. You, GG, and JB captured the show well with all of the photos, videos, and quick posts that you were able to sneak in between all the work and getting your rest. Thanks. :clapp:

Well, I'm (nearly) recovered from a week overstuffed with the business of golf. Clubs, clothes, carts, and Creamer.

Did you use the real deal or that non-dairy, powdered stuff? :D

I must say that GG and I were a bit nervous after last year's fiasco in who we brought, but Harry is a wonderful person that represented himself so well, that we knew from day one, that he would be perfect. The work that goes into it is overwhelming and the work that goes on there is even more overwhelming and each demand (and I made a lot of them) that we had of Harry he was amazing at getting done and getting done well.

Thank you Harry for all the hard work that you did over a 5 day stretch. From the minute you entered our home until the minute we dropped you off at the airport, you were a perfect gentleman and exactly what THP stands for in every way.

I must say that GG and I were a bit nervous after last year's fiasco in who we brought, but Harry is a wonderful person that represented himself so well, that we knew from day one, that he would be perfect. The work that goes into it is overwhelming and the work that goes on there is even more overwhelming and each demand (and I made a lot of them) that we had of Harry he was amazing at getting done and getting done well.

Thank you Harry for all the hard work that you did over a 5 day stretch. From the minute you entered our home until the minute we dropped you off at the airport, you were a perfect gentleman and exactly what THP stands for in every way.

That's a ringing endorsement!

I thought all the THP staff did a great job with all their reports. I did not read all their posts, but the ones I did look at were informative. Harry would have been perfect in his roll if he had just chosen the correct driver, but I suppose 99.9% good is better than nothing. :clapp:

What a great testament to the kind of person Harry is. I think he's a keeper JB!

Two thumbs way up, Harry! great work!

And thanks again to the entire THP for the awesome effort.

It was hard enough keeping up with all the threads, I can't imagine how exhausted you all must be after a week like that!

Glad to hear you're almost back to full strength Harry. It was a long week. And with the travel issues you had, I'm glad we didn't read about how some guy snapped at the Atlanta airport!

I firmly believe that we could not have had a better winner to the contest, not only was your entry the best, but you also proved that the best candidate won! Great work all the way around Harry.

Thanks for the great job Harry... if we're ready to vote, I vote for you to go back again in 2011!!!

Hopefully THP will get to do a review on Marquis Jets around then...

That's a ringing endorsement!

Either that or Harry paid JB to say that. :D

All kidding aside for a moment, all of you did a spctacular job that week and all of the masses who come to this site on a regular basis appreciate your devotion and dedication to the ste and for the professsional job that not only was done that week but is done on a continual basis.

It was so great to read the descriptive posts of your experience at the event. I am glad to hear you had plenty of fun with the large workload you were bestowed with upon winning the contest. You, GG, and JB captured the show well with all of the photos, videos, and quick posts that you were able to sneak in between all the work and getting your rest. Thanks. :clapp:

Did you use the real deal or that non-dairy, powdered stuff? :D

I thought he was talking about Paula :rotfl:

Back