PGA SS vs Club Champion Fitting

Cjgolf25

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking at a new driver this year and wanting to get a fitting done. I am looking at either going to the PGA SS to do their tour van fitting or going to Club Champion. Wanted to get feedback on those that have done one of the other. Your thoughts on the experience, the price, value, and were you satisfied overall. I don't know exactly what driver I want right now, kind of waiting on the 2020 line to be officially announce and really just want to get the driver that is going to be best for my game.

I’ve never had a great experience with a box store fitting. A few good but never great.

Never tried a PGA SS fitting but I was very impressed with my Club Champion driver fitting. For $100 I thought it was a steal for 90 minutes and know exactly what combo will work for my swing.

I have had a Club Champion fitting and many other 'fittings' at various box stores, manufacturers tour vans, or scheduled manufacturer's fittings hosted at a course. I have not had a PGA SS fitting.

Generally, big box stores for drivers come out with two clubs. One shaft has an R stamped on it and one has an S. They may do this with several heads. You get on a launch monitor and choose. If the driver is adjustable, you may or may not get them to play with the settings. This is typically what passes for a 'fitting'.

With a manufacturer's fitting, you'll be limited to their heads and the shafts they sell with it. Maybe 3-5 heads and 3-7 shafts.

At Club Champion, they have over 10,000 head/shaft combinations available for testing on a launch monitor. Their fitters are generally much more skilled then you'll find in the big box stores or at most pro shops. They are going to start by having you complete a questionnaire and then discussing your game and goals. They are going to optimize everything (if you let them). Head, shaft, settings, lie angle, swing weight. The whole shebang.

I know that I can't say anything about what you would encounter in a fitting at a PGASS, but I have been through a fitting at CC and I came out of it feeling very good about what I was fitted with. I will be giving them a first try on Friday, granted it will be indoors but should be fun. There has been much info passed on about CC lately in a number of different threads if you care to take a look at them. Most of it good and some bad which is always the case. I would highly recommend a fitting at CC, but it can be expensive. Mine wasn't too bad I have read about the bad in other peoples posts. Don't know if this helps you out at all, but added my 2 cents for what if any it's worth.

Looking at a new driver this year and wanting to get a fitting done. I am looking at either going to the PGA SS to do their tour van fitting or going to Club Champion. Wanted to get feedback on those that have done one of the other. Your thoughts on the experience, the price, value, and were you satisfied overall. I don't know exactly what driver I want right now, kind of waiting on the 2020 line to be officially announce and really just want to get the driver that is going to be best for my game.

IMO Club Champion will offer you the best experience of the two. You will have more shaft options to try out and really nail down the right set up for your game. The downside is that CC is more expensive, but worth it for what you are getting done. The final driver will cost more if you go with them, so I would get all the details of what worked best and order directly from the OEM.

IMO Club Champion will offer you the best experience of the two. You will have more shaft options to try out and really nail down the right set up for your game. The downside is that CC is more expensive, but worth it for what you are getting done. The final driver will cost more if you go with them, so I would get all the details of what worked best and order directly from the OEM.
This 100%. CC will definitely be more expensive and the shafts are mostly non-stock but i would highly suggest going this route over PGA or any big box store for that matter.

If you go to club champion before Jan 31 it is $100 to get fit for a set of irons. I was skeptical about getting a fitting there and mainly wanted to do it with the idea of getting Pxg211. My fitter was excellent and I regret not getting one done sooner. Well worth the money. We gained significant distance and improved my dispersion.

Well since it’s clearly one sided. I scheduled a fitting for Jan 18th with CC. Didn’t know it was 33% off a fitting plus I just learned there is a CC even closer than the one I had initially intended to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a few fittings in the last 2 years.
The best I ha e experienced is at 2nd swing in Delaware. This guy James Robinson fit me for a lot of things:
Graphite shafts - 9 740 es smacwrap shafts, installed, save grips $115
Driver - didn’t change the head, but fit me for a new shaft and gained better dispersion and maybe 3-5 yds.
Swapped a 4hybrid for newer model better shaft.

I go with 2nd swing. Each fitting was over 75 min

The PGA SS fitter here in Minnesota regularly works with Rocco Mediate to dial in his equipment.

I have heard good things about CC but know they are expensive.

Back