I’m not very good but feel free to add me on PS4. sigepmagicmike

I did the same thing. I started on pro and played so poorly. Like +8 through 11 holes because I couldn't get the timing right.
Oh good I will feel right at home because that sounds like my real golf score!!!🤣🤣🤣

I’m playing on Master difficulty and just swinging hard and playing for a draw. The putting I’m still trying to iron out, way faster than last game

Calibrate your swing in practice area.
Pull the joystick very slight back on putts, let the meter build slow.

Commentary is good, but repetitive, and I wish he would be slightly less condescending when he says "YOU are looking at a double bogey here".

I will admit that there has been an occasional “SHUT IT, JOHN!” lobbed at the robo-announcer from my couch.

I just created The Hackers Paradise society for PS4. Its a private society and I have no idea what I’m doing, but feel free to join or post a message here if there are any issues, and I’m sure we can figure out how to get a bunch of us online and playing virtual golf. PSN name is BrownieMix922.

I'll request to join in a bit.

Im on Xbox and have created a group Thp group. My id is Hogwild3170

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just joined and about to play the tournament. Let's see how this goes! Thanks for creating the group. Let's get some more THP'ers in the Xbox group!

Just carded a -4 for the first tourney in the Xbox group. Left it short on the par 3 11th and put it in the drink - the wind was playing tricks on me. Got out of that hole with a double. Holed an eagle on the 16th which helped to save my score a little. @HighOnTheHog nice 57 you put up!

Also @HighOnTheHog, it appears the difficulty is set to "open." I think there should be a set difficulty so we are all playing the same.

So I have figured out putting without a meter. In the old game it was 1 second of pullback per 10 feet. This game putting is a lot quicker. So let’s say you have a putt of 18 feet with two feet uphill. That is 20 for total feet. Whatever your total is, divide it in half for how long backstroke should be. In this case with 20 feet, it would be a one second pull of toggle

I think I am going to hold off on buying this for the Switch right now, with the plan of picking up an Xbox or PS4/5 to play with more THPers if this becomes a thing.

I think I am going to hold off on buying this for the Switch right now, with the plan of picking up an Xbox or PS4/5 to play with more THPers if this becomes a thing.

I'm hoping many more THP'ers join the Xbox society. It's fun being able to play others in a tournament then come on here for some friendly banter.

I am about to delete this game. I cannot get the putting down at all. I pull the stick back slowly as it’s been suggested and all it does a stall out and does nothing. I don’t know what I am doing wrong.

I am about to delete this game. I cannot get the putting down at all. I pull the stick back slowly as it’s been suggested and all it does a stall out and does nothing. I don’t know what I am doing wrong.

I totally hear you. This morning I went from -2 to +3 on a single hole because of putting. I think if they fix the downswing tempo issues and make putting just a little more forgiving, it would be just about right.

For me, I slowly bring the putter back until I hit the power meter and then I quickly flick the stick forward in as straight a motion as I can. Most time it works reasonably well.

I'm going to have to up the difficulty to Pro. I just shot a 62 on Amateur. @wubears71 putting - partially pull the stick back, then move it forward when it's in the white zone. Also if you're having difficulty you might want to learn the mechanics on the easy setting first and increase the difficulty when you get a handle on it. I know a lot of people think you have to do it on hard or you're not doing it right, but that's BS. They don't live in my house.

I totally hear you. This morning I went from -2 to +3 on a single hole because of putting. I think if they fix the downswing tempo issues and make putting just a little more forgiving, it would be just about right.

For me, I slowly bring the putter back until I hit the power meter and then I quickly flick the stick forward in as straight a motion as I can. Most time it works reasonably well.
I'm going to have to up the difficulty to Pro. I just shot a 62 on Amateur. @wubears71 putting - partially pull the stick back, then move it forward when it's in the white zone. Also if you're having difficulty you might want to learn the mechanics on the easy setting first and increase the difficulty when you get a handle on it. I know a lot of people think you have to do it on hard or you're not doing it right, but that's BS. They don't live in my house.
Here’s the problem. I pull the sticl back slowly and nothing happens. Maybe my controller is broken?

Here is the problem I’m having. I start to pull the controller back and it just stops. But when I pull it all the way back right away, I go way over my target. It’s like all or nothing.

Here is the problem I’m having. I start to pull the controller back and it just stops. But when I pull it all the way back right away, I go way over my target. It’s like all or nothing.

Yeah, that's the game messing up. Did that to me a couple holes on driver swings.
Not sure why it's always like that for your putting. Do you have another controller to try?

Yeah, that's the game messing up. Did that to me a couple holes on driver swings.
Not sure why it's always like that for your putting. Do you have another controller to try?
I’m going to look. Thanks.

Yeah, that doesn't look right. I would try another controller. Also, love the title of that video.

I'm not having that problem. I can slice a tee shot like I do in real life though.

I’ve tried another controller and it’s much better. But I still do have the issue. I’m going to get a new controller and check.

Back