I think I already know the answer to this...but it doesn't appear the putters make any difference as far as putting ability - like the other club attributes. I thought it would be cool if you could upgrade to some expensive putters that maybe added some type of "forgiveness" but it looks more like just buy these putters if you think they are cool.
seems pretty realistic to me. (y)

seems pretty realistic to me. (y)
I don't think it's unrealistic. Ha. Just thought it might be interesting if different putters had some attribute effects - you know...with all the technology these days and weights, etc you can adjust. But I agree you should still have to make the putts just like in real life. I mean a putter isn't going to take the break out of a green.

Was not a complaint just more of an observation, I suppose.

I've been a big fan of the game so far. I keep forgetting to join the THP society. Will try and get in the society tonight!

One thing I'd like to see is some continued work to get other brands on board. Some downloadable content where you can add some different brands of clubs or even a new course or two down the road. Would be cool to see some clubs from Cobra, Titleist, Ping, etc.

One thing I'd like to see is some continued work to get other brands on board. Some downloadable content where you can add some different brands of clubs or even a new course or two down the road. Would be cool to see some clubs from Cobra, Titleist, Ping, etc.
I was somewhat surprised at how little club brands there are.

I was somewhat surprised at how little club brands there are.

I am guessing the licensing costs, especially with someone like Titleist, probably wasn't worth it.

Again, this is a lower budget game, we aren't talking about Madden or NBA 2K.

I am guessing the licensing costs, especially with someone like Titleist, probably wasn't worth it.

Again, this is a lower budget game, we aren't talking about Madden or NBA 2K.

Absolutely. But it still promotes golf, the PGA and the brands. I get you're gonna have to pay up for Nike apparel or Titleist clubs. But I'd think if you got Puma (although very limited available from Puma), you could get some Cobra clubs maybe.

That said...plenty of games add downloadable content throughout the life of a game...so maybe we'll see a deal struck down the line to add a Cobra or Ping, etc. Or even add more options for some of the apparel (not even new brands...just maybe add more shirts from an Adidas or whatever brand).

You'd think an apparel brand like, say, Travis Matthew, could benefit but tossing a dozen shirts out there.

Absolutely. But it still promotes golf, the PGA and the brands. I get you're gonna have to pay up for Nike apparel or Titleist clubs. But I'd think if you got Puma (although very limited available from Puma), you could get some Cobra clubs maybe.

That said...plenty of games add downloadable content throughout the life of a game...so maybe we'll see a deal struck down the line to add a Cobra or Ping, etc. Or even add more options for some of the apparel (not even new brands...just maybe add more shirts from an Adidas or whatever brand).

You'd think an apparel brand like, say, Travis Matthew, could benefit but tossing a dozen shirts out there.

Sure, I don't disagree with any of that, I think the point I am trying to make is that this isn't a AAA title, and expectations should be in line with that.

I absolutely hope to see more participation and additions down the road, but will not hold my breath.

I'll admit, all I've done thus far is play my way from the KF tour to the PGA tour, and thats about it. I haven't explored any of the features of the game. How did you guys play Riviera?

I dunno. I think this may be the most unrealistic sports game every created. I've yet to really enjoy it.

That may be a stretch. I mean, in the Tiger Woods games you could literally put spin on the ball mid-air. I get what you're saying though.

That may be a stretch. I mean, in the Tiger Woods games you could literally put spin on the ball mid-air. I get what you're saying though.
Agreed. I don't think the TW franchise was going for realism as much as they were going to the arcade style entertainment. 2K sports markets itself as realistic.

That was my favorite part!

Just picked this up for Switch. The putting is hard as hell. On amatuer. I definitely need to pickup a pro controller as the joycons have way to much play in them. Overall I like the game a lot.

Just picked this up for Switch. The putting is hard as hell. On amatuer. I definitely need to pickup a pro controller as the joycons have way to much play in them. Overall I like the game a lot.

I have a pro controller and find it to be a bit better than the joycons for sure.

I'll admit, all I've done thus far is play my way from the KF tour to the PGA tour, and thats about it. I haven't explored any of the features of the game. How did you guys play Riviera?
I suuuuuucked it up at Riviera (xbox), but I just picked it up and played without doing any practice...so crap clubs, no calibration, etc.

For any xbox users having consistency issues, I think I found what works/helps...at least for me it did. When you twke your backswing, don't be afraid to "stall" a little bit at the top of the swing before pushing forward to make contact. You may only hit it 96-99% power, but the ball goes much straighter...even when its fast or slow (not perfect) timing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Still digging this game myself. Need to find the THP (Xbox One) society and take my licks at the higher difficulty level. I like the less arcade-y feel to this one and feel like the challenge is part of the fun. I do wish there were more OEMs, but is what it is. Already on my way to a full bag of Callaway clubs. Waiting to win the Mavrik Pro irons. Lol

What's the headphone trick?

Right now tournaments will be played on Pro ( not Pro Am) difficulty but with the downswing meter (too fast or too slow) turned off. We can always change this, or have some tournaments with different settings, but based on all the Reddit threads I’ve read, there is evidence out there that the downswing meter is not working properly. For a lot of people it’s far too punishing, and others have run tests on the PC version using scripts which seem to indicate even if you have the exact same swing every time, the slow/perfect/fast results will be different, which in theory makes no sense.

For this next tourney, I’m planning on selecting a more difficult course and adding in some wind, but otherwise should be the same mechanics.

I'm still testing the game which is why I haven't joined in the fun. I tried straight pro setting and shot a 91 on the course I designed in 2019, which you'd think I'd know all the angles, but I was in the deep rough most of the time. Also I have to do some editing because the 8th hole is way too punishing (I got a 10 on it). I think I would have shot an 88 if it weren't for that hole. I was having visions of myself playing the course and shooting something around 120.

I found the downswing way too punishing - if your tempo is just slightly off you're dead. I mean if I'm going to have that much trouble I might as well go to my local golf course and play a real round. I suppose with a lot of practice I could get used to it. But i'm not getting any younger.

Then I tried it with the downswing turned off, and I can hit almost all fairways. Just miss on the occasional spaz. but that's without wind. Putting with limited preview? Fine. It's like 2019 that way, and I can deal.

I've checked out the Callaway stuff in the game... really guys, the Mavrik Max is less forgiving than the Sub Zero?

What's the headphone trick?
some people were experiencing issues with putting especially...but basically either over or under sensitive thumbsticks seem to be an issue in some cases. If you plug a headphone into the ps4 controller, seems to somehow calm this down, especially putting. Worked for me and I believe wound up working for @wubears71 as well.

That said...I just played a round after this latest patch (1.03) and took headphones out and shot a great round...so....maybe it's fixed??? I dunno.

Don't forget the 2nd PS4 tourney, The Links Cup, began today! 4 rounds, with what I thought were somewhat harder difficulty settings, but based on @baylrballa's score, maybe we need to up the difficulty even more lol.

Don't forget the 2nd PS4 tourney, The Links Cup, began today! 4 rounds, with what I thought were somewhat harder difficulty settings, but based on @baylrballa's score, maybe we need to up the difficulty even more lol.
I don't think I'm good enough for more difficult....please god no....:LOL:

Has anyone noticed some of the clubs are mislabeled? The launchpad irons are labeled as D7 irons.

I still haven’t moved off of beginner mode and I’m trucking right along. Riviera can kiss it, though. Those greens are impossible! I got on the green in two on a par five and ended up with a double bogey!

I have really tried to love this game... but it is awful lol. Even after the latest patch the putting is just horrendous.

Back