I dunno, people said it was hard earlier

golf is hard. putting is the truest thing. they give you a grid and already set you up for the proper distance

golf is hard. putting is the truest thing. they give you a grid and already set you up for the proper distance

At least for me, putting is hard because the PS4 thumb sticks are extremely sensitive on Pro difficulty. It seems like the smallest movement left or right results in a putt like / or \. Also, there were/are technical issues with putting, but those have largely been resolved - I still plug headphones into my controller just in case, because that used to fix issues.

Just joined the Xbox group. I suck so my first event will be bad

This new PS4 Event is Bugged. I just Birdied #3 and it marked it as a Par. Told me it took 4 shots, not sure what is going on there...

Ya I now have 7 birdies and 1 bogey at my scorecard sits at +1.... This course or tournament is very bugged. I don't think I am going to finish it.

Ahh it is handicapped I guess.. Pars are bogeys for me on many of these holes, that is pretty rough.

Ok welllllll I just played my second round ever. 4 under through first round. I got my swing down. Found a little trick that works for perfect shots most of the time

BTW I'm avelanchefan.....I wish it would do our character names

Ya so after 2 rounds I am -13 but Net +5 that is a bit frustrating

One under for 36 hole tourney. Kinda proud of myself with that. After only playing 3 full rounds

So the way the handicapping works apparently is that it essentially reduces by one stroke what a par is for a certain number of holes depending on your handicap.

For example, mine is currently a 9.3, which it seems gets rounded up to 10. The ten easiest holes on the course have a dot under them on the scorecard, and each of those play one less to par - for example 2 strokes = par on a par 3. It makes scoring on those holes very difficult.

I don’t think we will use this again anytime soon - people who have a high handicap basically have almost no way of lowering their score. I can’t imagine what playing with a +20 handicap In this game would be like.

So the way the handicapping works apparently is that it essentially reduces by one stroke what a par is for a certain number of holes depending on your handicap.

For example, mine is currently a 9.3, which it seems gets rounded up to 10. The ten easiest holes on the course have a dot under them on the scorecard, and each of those play one less to par - for example 2 strokes = par on a par 3. It makes scoring on those holes very difficult.

I don’t think we will use this again anytime soon - people who have a high handicap basically have almost no way of lowering their score. I can’t imagine what playing with a +20 handicap In this game would be like.

Ya I am making tons of bogeys without ever making a single bogey.

Tried pro and it made me take a few days off LOL.
I'll probably be back at it tonight. I plan on recalibrating my swing first.

I ended up with the following for 4 Rounds (Course was tough, especially with the wind):

Birdies: 32
Pars: 34
Bogeys: 6
Gross Score: -26
Net Score: +10 LOL

Dumb question.....when buying irons is the price per iron, or for the whole set?

Dumb question.....when buying irons is the price per iron, or for the whole set?
Whole set...there'san option to equip the full set after you buy them too. Look at the bottom of the screen after you buy it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Whole set...there'san option to equip the full set after you buy them too. Look at the bottom of the screen after you buy it.

Thanks for the help

What’s the THP group name for XB1?

I find playing online matches on Pro level to be incredibly frustrating.

For my fellow Xbox players, I'm seeking some help with short iron shots. I can hit my driver with no issues, but my iron play sucks.... I am apparently FAST all the time, so then I aim for the draw that a FAST swing flies....and then I'm slow.

What works for you with irons?

For my fellow Xbox players, I'm seeking some help with short iron shots. I can hit my driver with no issues, but my iron play sucks.... I am apparently FAST all the time, so then I aim for the draw that a FAST swing flies....and then I'm slow.

What works for you with irons?

Sooooo.....did a little research (aka search youtube) and found something i'll share, as it seems to work pretty well. You will hit the ball with a slight draw or perfect most of the time...but being able to essentially lock out the right side is great!

Back