If there's interest on the Xbox side, we can create a schedule and get the daily tournaments started back up.

Society name: THP Cup

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sent a request to join

Awesome! I just made you an admin. Hopefully @mmaynard11 can get out of the pool for a few minutes and join us!
I have to get to the store to pick a switch up. 😂 It’s tough getting out of the pool when the water is 85.

I set up and played my first society round. It did not go well lol.
It gets way easier. pro was hard but now it is pretty straight forward

It gets way easier. pro was hard but now it is pretty straight forward
I score better in real life than I did in my two rounds, that’s how bad it was. Slice city.

I score better in real life than I did in my two rounds, that’s how bad it was. Slice city.
Oh my. This will be fun.

I’m in. I’ll find some time to join tonight. Xbox system here

I’m in. I’ll find some time to join tonight. Xbox system here
Look for THP Cup on the society...let me know when you sub and I'll add you.

As one of the orig players of this game, who dropped it for the past 2-3 months, in picking it back up I feel like some improvements were made to the swing process. I do not get the sporadic "wild" shot that used to make the game feel scripted or rigged.

That said, the short putts do not seem to break as much as they used to....so I have 3-and-4 putted from under 10 feet more than I care to admit. I'm talking birdies turning into double bogey.

I'm getting it down again, so I'm hoping the Xbox players stick around and we'll run a couple of events per week.

Sent a request to join
Saw you played the tourney...great round. Looked like you had me beat down the stretch and then had a blow-up hole...??

Saw you played the tourney...great round. Looked like you had me beat down the stretch and then had a blow-up hole...??

Yeah, I tried to get cute on 17 and dunked two in the drink.

As one of the orig players of this game, who dropped it for the past 2-3 months, in picking it back up I feel like some improvements were made to the swing process. I do not get the sporadic "wild" shot that used to make the game feel scripted or rigged.

That said, the short putts do not seem to break as much as they used to....so I have 3-and-4 putted from under 10 feet more than I care to admit. I'm talking birdies turning into double bogey.

I'm getting it down again, so I'm hoping the Xbox players stick around and we'll run a couple of events per week.

I’ll be around, at least during winter when I can’t go play IRL, haha.

Steam has 2k21 on sale half off right now for about another 43 hours. Pretty good deal if someone is wanting to get it and give it a whirl like I did.

Played the switch event. Those greens were the hardest I have played on this game. (PGA National v2)

I’ll be around, at least during winter when I can’t go play IRL, haha.
Saw you played 2nd event. We tied round 1, finally made putts round 2 and finished -10.

@tucsoncacti get off your butt and join us

Saw you played 2nd event. We tied round 1, finally made putts round 2 and finished -10.

@tucsoncacti get off your butt and join us

Nicely done sir

Can you play across platforms?
Is there anyone on ps4?

Is there anyone on ps4?
I am on ps4. Don't play much anymore but would love to pick it up again.

I think there were a few more guys a couple of pages back. Just need someone to set it up

Is there anyone on ps4?
Unfortunately no cross platform play. However, you can play courses that were created on a different platform.

I created Keller Muni, Ozark Hills and Willow Springs...give em a try.

Unfortunately no cross platform play. However, you can play courses that were created on a different platform.

I created Keller Muni, Ozark Hills and Willow Springs...give em a try.

I played Keller - quite the adventure; very creative. Haven't gotten thru Ozark or Willow yet.

Working on a new course... I have a beta version published called Island v1.0. There are 18 holes on it, but only the front 9 have fairways and greens, so if you do give it a try, just quit after 9 holes.

It's certainly a rough draft - no bunkers yet, planting not done, but the general layout is there on the front 9 with fairways, tee boxes and greens.

I'm goofing with some ideas about creating more than one option on the tee box... would like to always have at least 2 ways, preferably 3 or more, that the player can approach the hole based on pin position, risk/reward, stuff like that.

Give it a run - I'm open to feedback =)

Also open to feedback on Maxwell Pines and Hope Highlands. I published both of those on TGC 2019 and updated them a bit when I ported them into 2k21.

I played Keller - quite the adventure; very creative. Haven't gotten thru Ozark or Willow yet.

Working on a new course... I have a beta version published called Island v1.0. There are 18 holes on it, but only the front 9 have fairways and greens, so if you do give it a try, just quit after 9 holes.

It's certainly a rough draft - no bunkers yet, planting not done, but the general layout is there on the front 9 with fairways, tee boxes and greens.

I'm goofing with some ideas about creating more than one option on the tee box... would like to always have at least 2 ways, preferably 3 or more, that the player can approach the hole based on pin position, risk/reward, stuff like that.

Give it a run - I'm open to feedback =)

Also open to feedback on Maxwell Pines and Hope Highlands. I published both of those on TGC 2019 and updated them a bit when I ported them into 2k21.
Sooo....Keller was my 1st course, so the other 2 are much better. Ozark has lots of elevation changes. Willow has exactly what you are talking about with multiple routes you can play...and a shorter shot off the tee might give you a more direct line to the hole.

I'll check out Island today and will give you my thoughts.

Sooo....Keller was my 1st course, so the other 2 are much better. Ozark has lots of elevation changes. Willow has exactly what you are talking about with multiple routes you can play...and a shorter shot off the tee might give you a more direct line to the hole.

I'll check out Island today and will give you my thoughts.

I'll play Ozark and Willow later today as long as Mrs. 5150 doesn't claim the Xbox =)

I'll play Ozark and Willow later today as long as Mrs. 5150 doesn't claim the Xbox =)
Played Island v1.0...

Definitely a good start, here's my thoughts...

Making it run along the beach is really cool, definitely adds to the visual appeal. The sunrise is cool for this landscape....but....it can make holes "dark" due to shadows and clouds.

I saw some of the risk/reward options you put in the 9 holes, which is cool....but....they either weren't worth testing (#2 and #4) or the options were basically the same (hole with small circle of trees and rough in middle of fairway).

If anyone plays your course on Pro with the Swing Meter on, the tiny sloping greens will be nearly impossible to play. Some slope is good, so just flatten them a bit and/or make them bigger.

I would also suggest clearing out some of the unnecessary trees and make the path of the hole easier to see. By this, I mean while you are playing the hole and not on the overhead map. You can make a hole play uphill or downhill with a gradual slope rather than just placing the landing area (fairway) or the green on top of a domed hill. When you can "see" where you are hitting to without having to rely only on the overhead map it makes the hole more appealing.

I watched several of CrazyCanuck's videos on YouTube and they are VERY helpful. They taught me what to consider when making courses. Not claiming to be an expert course designer, but his tips make alot of sense.

Here is an example that talks about the cleaner hole design I mention above.

Good start tho, look forward to playing it again.

Back