Approved....jump in!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tried the first event but you guys must be l33t players with those settings. I'll need to practice a lot more before I can compete.

Tried the first event but you guys must be l33t players with those settings. I'll need to practice a lot more before I can compete.
It has a learning curve...but once you figure out how wind and slope effects the ball you'll start scoring better.

I would HIGHLY suggest using the swing calibration in the pratice area...and then use the driving range until you are able to hit it how you were expecting.

Putting.....well.....I apparently can't make a 10 footer, but everything else drops. Go figure. Putting just takes getting used to and when you think you've moved enough for the break -- go just a little more.

Dont be discouraged!! Also I have suggested before, put some time into the tour. Even having it on amateur, or pro-am settings, no swing timing meter, and pick up some contracts. Make some money and invest it in upgraded clubs (dont buy a new putter, it dont do **** :LOL::LOL::LOL:) Im not going to tell you how to fill out your bag, but once I was able to properly gap my clubs, my scores plummeted. A better driver and woods helped get my scoring lower on Par 5's, better wedges helped improve my GIR, and HIO potential. Speaking of HIO...... @stevie-a ?!?

Also on this game its true what they say......Drive for Show, Putt for Dough. If you aint dropping putts, no way your winning.

Dont be discouraged!! Also I have suggested before, put some time into the tour. Even having it on amateur, or pro-am settings, no swing timing meter, and pick up some contracts. Make some money and invest it in upgraded clubs (dont buy a new putter, it dont do **** ) Im not going to tell you how to fill out your bag, but once I was able to properly gap my clubs, my scores plummeted. A better driver and woods helped get my scoring lower on Par 5's, better wedges helped improve my GIR, and HIO potential. Speaking of HIO...... @stevie-a ?!?
I feel like you are trolling me now.... I have obviously put up some amazing scores, have some ridiculous stats, and yet...sadly...have ZERO hole in ones.

I feel like you are trolling me now.... I have obviously put up some amazing scores, have some ridiculous stats, and yet...sadly...have ZERO hole in ones.

I was trolling a bit. Because honestly I have a few wins and 5 HIOs that I can hold over you. But you handily kick my ass 3 days a week. Trust me I try every week to beat you. My problem is I have to many bogeys per round.

I was trolling a bit. Because honestly I have a few wins and 5 HIOs that I can hold over you. But you handily kick my ass 3 days a week. Trust me I try every week to beat you. My problem is I have to many bogeys per round.
Hahahaaa...these last few events have been great. The newer guys will get it if they put a little time into it. I wish there was a way to pass them money (other than rigging an event with a large purse and letting them win it....hmmmm). They could then get the clubs.

Hahahaaa...these last few events have been great. The newer guys will get it if they put a little time into it. I wish there was a way to pass them money (other than rigging an event with a large purse and letting them win it....hmmmm). They could then get the clubs.
I have lots of coinage and have been playing since before Tiger was on the cover, even played a ton of both TGCs which are essentially the same game. What I ran into is that you get very grooved with the regular PGA Tour single player campaign (and whatever the default settings are) but then in the society event it plays very differently. It almost seems like a different game with a brand new learning curve. Of course I suck too so that probably isn't helping.

Ok rant incoming.........I really love this game, and with any really good game you can vibe with, it always has bugs. All games have bugs.

2k21 has cockroaches at times. Like an infestation. I have two massive gripes,
1) This game disconnects me at an unprecedented level. It takes time to reconnect, and as before it can screw with my shot and score. You know how they want me to fix it, they want me to move from hard wired to wireless to fix it. Im not going to go wireless, to DECREASE my speeds in half to play your game. GFYS! I run a gigabit connection to my xbox, and they want me to run wireless. Like how does this even make sense. Fix it on your side 2K! Jesus christ what a stupid bug.

2) I am increasingly finding some made courses suit the players in general and some do not. I have seen at this point 100's of posts regarding this. You can make a fantastic course, but the system as a whole may somehow imbed a bug (accidently, I am not claiming collusion), this bug will mess with your shots, mostly your putting. At first when I encountered it I thought I just made a bad swing, but after a while you know what your swing plane is, and you know when you hit a bad shot, you can feel it like in real golf. Well at this point I am probably going on TEN's of thousands of swings, I have gone through 2.5 seasons on tour (I am a achievement *****), I KNOW when I swing bad.

So this current tourney in Bon Temps is the latest course to have this bug, I had 4 three putts in the first round with two double bogeys. When hitting a shot, mainly a putt the upswing plane will go straight right. I have seen redditors post screen shots of this. It is freaking maddening.

That all said, I love this game, I like the "competition" in our THP league, and bugs and all I really enjoy seeing some great courses being created. My wife comments all the time about how she is literally unsure any more if I am watching golf or playing golf! Yesterday I had the Farmers Open on, she walks into the room, and was like "Oh what a weird camera angle, how is that even playable?" I looked at her for a few seconds and was like "Honey this is real golf, Im not playing." :LOL::LOL::LOL: It was so damn funny. She literally was flustered, she cannot get over how the game version looks so real. (To her any ways)

Got busy at work; I’ll be back soon guys. Later this week.

Ok rant incoming.........I really love this game, and with any really good game you can vibe with, it always has bugs. All games have bugs.

2k21 has cockroaches at times. Like an infestation. I have two massive gripes,
1) This game disconnects me at an unprecedented level. It takes time to reconnect, and as before it can screw with my shot and score. You know how they want me to fix it, they want me to move from hard wired to wireless to fix it. Im not going to go wireless, to DECREASE my speeds in half to play your game. GFYS! I run a gigabit connection to my xbox, and they want me to run wireless. Like how does this even make sense. Fix it on your side 2K! Jesus christ what a stupid bug.

2) I am increasingly finding some made courses suit the players in general and some do not. I have seen at this point 100's of posts regarding this. You can make a fantastic course, but the system as a whole may somehow imbed a bug (accidently, I am not claiming collusion), this bug will mess with your shots, mostly your putting. At first when I encountered it I thought I just made a bad swing, but after a while you know what your swing plane is, and you know when you hit a bad shot, you can feel it like in real golf. Well at this point I am probably going on TEN's of thousands of swings, I have gone through 2.5 seasons on tour (I am a achievement *****), I KNOW when I swing bad.

So this current tourney in Bon Temps is the latest course to have this bug, I had 4 three putts in the first round with two double bogeys. When hitting a shot, mainly a putt the upswing plane will go straight right. I have seen redditors post screen shots of this. It is freaking maddening.

That all said, I love this game, I like the "competition" in our THP league, and bugs and all I really enjoy seeing some great courses being created. My wife comments all the time about how she is literally unsure any more if I am watching golf or playing golf! Yesterday I had the Farmers Open on, she walks into the room, and was like "Oh what a weird camera angle, how is that even playable?" I looked at her for a few seconds and was like "Honey this is real golf, Im not playing." It was so damn funny. She literally was flustered, she cannot get over how the game version looks so real. (To her any ways)
Can't speak to the connection issues, have never had a gane disconnect...

As for the conspiracy theory, well, I might agree with you that sometimes putts "mysteriously" break more/less than they have before...but then again, I'm not sure I'd find alot of enjoyment in making every putt. That said, I miss more 10 footers than I miss 25 footers...so there may be something to your theory.

Then again...this could just be sour grapes cause I keep edging you out by 2-3 shots for the W.....?? Hahaha

Can't speak to the connection issues, have never had a gane disconnect...

As for the conspiracy theory, well, I might agree with you that sometimes putts "mysteriously" break more/less than they have before...but then again, I'm not sure I'd find alot of enjoyment in making every putt. That said, I miss more 10 footers than I miss 25 footers...so there may be something to your theory.

Then again...this could just be sour grapes cause I keep edging you out by 2-3 shots for the W.....?? Hahaha

Well the problem is I make enough bone headed shots that I can only blame my thumbs most rounds. But my score should have been better this past round. I "missed" 3 putts inside of 2 feet due to the far right swing plane.

1) This game disconnects me at an unprecedented level. It takes time to reconnect, and as before it can screw with my shot and score.

That disconnect issue is strange. I have a wired connection and I play a lot but I've never experienced this.

I agree that there is some sort of issue with the swing although I experience it with all shots. I'll make a perfect-enough swing like I usually do but it'll randomly either say I was very fast and snap hook it or very slow and slice it into the crowd. I've seen the 90 degree right turn at the top of the meter many times as well. My first thought was my controller was wonky so I'm going to try another one and see if it makes a difference, however it may just be a timing issue that's breaking the required precision during the swing. I've had issues where my controller will randomly disconnect so there may be some interference with the wireless connection between the console and controller that is causing this as well. My gut says that if switched to a wired controller I wouldn't have a lot of these problems.

That disconnect issue is strange. I have a wired connection and I play a lot but I've never experienced this.

I agree that there is some sort of issue with the swing although I experience it with all shots. I'll make a perfect-enough swing like I usually do but it'll randomly either say I was very fast and snap hook it or very slow and slice it into the crowd. I've seen the 90 degree right turn at the top of the meter many times as well. My first thought was my controller was wonky so I'm going to try another one and see if it makes a difference, however it may just be a timing issue that's breaking the required precision during the swing. I've had issues where my controller will randomly disconnect so there may be some interference with the wireless connection between the console and controller that is causing this as well. My gut says that if switched to a wired controller I wouldn't have a lot of these problems.
I'll record the next time it happens

Video of connection loss......

Video of connection loss......
I have never had this happen.... Weird that it drops to the menu screen and not all the way out of the game.

Maybe uninstall and re-install.....?

Tough course.. what kills me is the power meter inefficiency. It shows 90% to get to the green, I hit the number and I'm 40yds short and in a trap. It does the same on putts.

Tough course.. what kills me is the power meter inefficiency. It shows 90% to get to the green, I hit the number and I'm 40yds short and in a trap. It does the same on putts.
Not sure how long you've been playing the game, but based on what you stated it sound like you may not be accounting for changes in elevation, where the ball is laying, or the wind....as otherwise you shouldn't end up 40 yards short.

There's no exact science to adjusting for these, other than experimenting. Green 10 feet higher than you? I put the aim circle on the pin or just a little past it. Vice versa if its 10 feet lower....and so on.

Balls in the rough or sand will further impact how much distance loss you'll see. 80% lie (upper right corner of screen) then I put the aim circle at least 1.5-2 circles past the flag + any additional/less based on elevation.

Keep working at it. As others have mentioned, spending time in the offline Tour career will help you improve quickly too.

Not sure how long you've been playing the game, but based on what you stated it sound like you may not be accounting for changes in elevation, where the ball is laying, or the wind....as otherwise you shouldn't end up 40 yards short.

There's no exact science to adjusting for these, other than experimenting. Green 10 feet higher than you? I put the aim circle on the pin or just a little past it. Vice versa if its 10 feet lower....and so on.

Balls in the rough or sand will further impact how much distance loss you'll see. 80% lie (upper right corner of screen) then I put the aim circle at least 1.5-2 circles past the flag + any additional/less based on elevation.

Keep working at it. As others have mentioned, spending time in the offline Tour career will help you improve quickly too.

That helps, what difficulty setting most closely mimics the online? I've got it set on hard and it just isn't the same.

That helps, what difficulty setting most closely mimics the online? I've got it set on hard and it just isn't the same.
I think we use Pro with the downswing meter turned off. Using that should get you pretty close.

This is definitely a thing from certain spots. I took an extra 4 shots on one hole just because the calculated distance on a chip was not even remotely close. What's even more frustrating is when you have a 4 foot putt for birdie and your dumba** golfer blasts it past the hole by 20 feet leaving you with a double. I'm a terrible putter but there's no way I ever do that in real life. That's something they could easily fix in the game because even a straight-up amateur would never miss by more than a few feet even with the worst swing possible.

Also....if you were having distance issues on that last course we played, don't take it so hard. That was a really tough course with the elevation changes....especially the tee shots.

Great course and required lots of thought and focus. Add the wind and it was that much more of a challenge. Misses were penalized big time.

....That's something they could easily fix in the game because even a straight-up amateur would never miss by more than a few feet even with the worst swing possible.

This is definitely a thing from certain spots. I took an extra 4 shots on one hole just because the calculated distance on a chip was not even remotely close. What's even more frustrating is when you have a 4 foot putt for birdie and your dumba** golfer blasts it past the hole by 20 feet leaving you with a double. I'm a terrible putter but there's no way I ever do that in real life. That's something they could easily fix in the game because even a straight-up amateur would never miss by more than a few feet even with the worst swing possible.
For the putting, it should have different length putters...like other games have done in the past. So give me a 25 foot putter, a 50 footer and 150 footer. Considering the power meter speed can sometimes be inconsistent, nothing worse than having a gimme 5 footer that you blast 20 feet by because the meter went fast....

Honestly I have never looked at that or put that in any of my calculations. I base my shots off of elevation and wind and calculate from there. Never even knew there was a % of shot.

One thing I do hate is my "caddie" with tell me to pitch a shot from 130 with an 8i. Ummmm no caddie you effing suck, I want a full shot with a PW. So make sure you are doing that also. (changing the shot type) Will upload a 3 hole gameplay from a few tourneys ago.

Back