You will see on first hole.....second shot, caddy wants to do a pitch shot, I did a full LW, better control.

Second hole......second shot......I placed it that far right because you can see the slope the ball is positioned on. I could have used the left bumper to check it, but I already knew just based off rounds played.

Also @stevie-a and I have very different playing styles, I like to let my ball roll out 9i and higher, wedges I go for the pin. So I always adjust for the roll. I do use backspin at times, but I never find it effective for me. Steve has somehow managed to master it, I find it psychotic and never consistent.

Also @stevie-a and I have very different playing styles, I like to let my ball roll out 9i and higher, wedges I go for the pin. So I always adjust for the roll. I do use backspin at times, but I never find it effective for me. Steve has somehow managed to master it, I find it psychotic and never consistent.
To be honest, the "backspin" is severly lacking... It lands softer with less rollout, but its staggering to see a 8i or 9i or PW roll forward rather than land and bite back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve found the backspin to be impacted by even a mild slope on the green. If the green is sloping away where your approach lands, it’ll roll out despite the spin you put on it.

Not sure how long you've been playing the game, but based on what you stated it sound like you may not be accounting for changes in elevation, where the ball is laying, or the wind....as otherwise you shouldn't end up 40 yards short.

There's no exact science to adjusting for these, other than experimenting. Green 10 feet higher than you? I put the aim circle on the pin or just a little past it. Vice versa if its 10 feet lower....and so on.

Balls in the rough or sand will further impact how much distance loss you'll see. 80% lie (upper right corner of screen) then I put the aim circle at least 1.5-2 circles past the flag + any additional/less based on elevation.

Keep working at it. As others have mentioned, spending time in the offline Tour career will help you improve quickly too.

Lots of good info there /\/\/\

One other factor: the difficulty settings are, to me, OVER configurable. There are a boatload of options regarding the swing that can get you sideways if you don’t really understand them. Stuff that feels like a bug sometimes is just user error due to not understanding how the thing is configured.

For example, you can set the aim circle to adjust automatically for lie penalty and elevation or... not.

If you don't keep track of how you have the aim circle set, you can get jacked up thinking it's adjusting for lie and elevation when it isn't.

If things aren't making sense with the carry distances, it's probably a good idea to check out the settings and make sure you know what's turned on and what isn't.

As far as the 4 feet putt going 10 feet past... often, for me anyway, that happens when I get careless and aggressive with a four foot putt and I don't take the time to see what the slope looks like on the far side of the hole. It can be hard to see the break sloping AWAY from you on the far side of the hole unless you explore that before you pull the trigger.

This is all just my opinion, of course. Frankly I like that it's hard... golf is hard... I was never a fan of the TW games where you could shoot 49 or whatever.

To be honest, the "backspin" is severly lacking... It lands softer with less rollout, but its staggering to see a 8i or 9i or PW roll forward rather than land and bite back.

I need to spend some more time on the chipping range to confirm, but I have a working theory on this...

So far, when chipping anyway, it's been my experience that LW and GW will spin a ton, and there's a marked drop off in spin between GW and PW.

When chipping in the game I like to be aggressive with it and hit it almost to the hole but put as much spin as possible on it.

I've found that LW and GW will bite and spin back (if I don't land on a downslope), but PW will generally NOT stop on a dime.

I need to spend some more time on the chipping range to confirm, but I have a working theory on this...

So far, when chipping anyway, it's been my experience that LW and GW will spin a ton, and there's a marked drop off in spin between GW and PW.

When chipping in the game I like to be aggressive with it and hit it almost to the hole but put as much spin as possible on it.

I've found that LW and GW will bite and spin back (if I don't land on a downslope), but PW will generally NOT stop on a dime.
I concur with everything you said above. I prefer the pitch over the full swing shot with 9i or PW or less.

Overall, I'm pretty good around the greens and I chip in from just off the green ALOT. Like...sometimes I just want to roll off the green so I can chip it.

I'm glad that we have an active group playing this game, although I wish there was a way we were all able to play LIVE, together, as I'm sure it would quickly turn into a sh*tshow with all the junk being talked.

One other factor: the difficulty settings are, to me, OVER configurable....
I would agree with that. I also think many of these simply require a degree of precision that isn't reliably attainable with a controller, or at least not one that's been heavily used. On a 4 footer I'm never trying to putt the ball 30 feet, and I'm never trying to randomly yank the hat 90 degrees off center during a swing. The game should have at least a little bit of intelligence built in to try and recognize those types of patterns. It's super frustrating to work hard at getting to -6 in a round then have one glitchy swing snap hook into a creek behind the trees causing you to take a 9.

I concur with everything you said above. I prefer the pitch over the full swing shot with 9i or PW or less.

Overall, I'm pretty good around the greens and I chip in from just off the green ALOT. Like...sometimes I just want to roll off the green so I can chip it.

I'm glad that we have an active group playing this game, although I wish there was a way we were all able to play LIVE, together, as I'm sure it would quickly turn into a sh*tshow with all the junk being talked.

I'd be so far back of the pack I could only **** talk myself 😆

You can play live group games with an Xbox Live subscription.

I would agree with that. I also think many of these simply require a degree of precision that isn't reliably attainable with a controller, or at least not one that's been heavily used. On a 4 footer I'm never trying to putt the ball 30 feet, and I'm never trying to randomly yank the hat 90 degrees off center during a swing. The game should have at least a little bit of intelligence built in to try and recognize those types of patterns. It's super frustrating to work hard at getting to -6 in a round then have one glitchy swing snap hook into a creek behind the trees causing you to take a 9.

During a putting stroke, do you pull back the stick at the same speed you do for regular shots?

If so, try a much slower backswing with the putter.

You can play live group games with an Xbox Live subscription.
I'm talking about playing the society event at the same time....where I can see your shots as you make it.

Lots of good info there /\/\/\

One other factor: the difficulty settings are, to me, OVER configurable. There are a boatload of options regarding the swing that can get you sideways if you don’t really understand them. Stuff that feels like a bug sometimes is just user error due to not understanding how the thing is configured.

For example, you can set the aim circle to adjust automatically for lie penalty and elevation or... not.

If you don't keep track of how you have the aim circle set, you can get jacked up thinking it's adjusting for lie and elevation when it isn't.

If things aren't making sense with the carry distances, it's probably a good idea to check out the settings and make sure you know what's turned on and what isn't.

As far as the 4 feet putt going 10 feet past... often, for me anyway, that happens when I get careless and aggressive with a four foot putt and I don't take the time to see what the slope looks like on the far side of the hole. It can be hard to see the break sloping AWAY from you on the far side of the hole unless you explore that before you pull the trigger.

This is all just my opinion, of course. Frankly I like that it's hard... golf is hard... I was never a fan of the TW games where you could shoot 49 or whatever.
Well honestly our setting our relatively easy compared to the other 98% of societies. I honestly have played a few rounds and have given up. And the comment section people are like how the eff are people playing -30, on pro with swing meter turned on.

Well well well.......I also play COD and Rainbow Six, both games are full of cheaters using the Cronus Zen. And it took me all of 10 seconds to find out that I am pretty sure these people are cheats and most societies are not even aware of it. ....... Perfect swing every time.

Well honestly our setting our relatively easy compared to the other 98% of societies. I honestly have played a few rounds and have given up. And the comment section people are like how the eff are people playing -30, on pro with swing meter turned on.

Well well well.......I also play COD and Rainbow Six, both games are full of cheaters using the Cronus Zen. And it took me all of 10 seconds to find out that I am pretty sure these people are cheats and most societies are not even aware of it. ....... Perfect swing every time.

FWIW I share this to inform. Please do not buy this and add to these cheating egg sticks pocket books. It just disgusts me this is what's going on.

If you have to go to that effort, is it a "game" anymore...? Is that fun too? Man, I don't get it.

I like our settings...not hard, but still very capable of mistakes.

Do any of you add a ghost player in your THP Cup games? It doesn't slow the round down and its cool to see how 1 of you played the hole.

Never heard of Cronus Zen.. interesting. Might be the only way I get to even par 😆.

Never heard of Cronus Zen.. interesting. Might be the only way I get to even par 😆.
You will get there......keep playing tour. Gotta grind it. Also it does not matter what your tour settings are, society setting will always switch you to what we require. So you are almost better off setting up your like we play, but bump it down to semi pro

I'm in first place in an event!

I'm the only one who's played it. :ROFLMAO:

I'm talking about playing the society event at the same time....where I can see your shots as you make it.

Yeah, not sure why the live play doesn’t work on societies

Yeah, not sure why the live play doesn’t work on societies
Agreed, it would really improve the enjoyment of the game to get a 4some together and play league play.

Does anyone know if 2k21 will be released for Amazon’s Luna?

Does anyone know if 2k21 will be released for Amazon’s Luna?
Not sure, but I have a cheap Xbox one original, and you can join our society. :LOL::LOL:;);):unsure::unsure:

Just published a draft of a new course; it’s called “Islands v3” - give it a try guys and lemme know your thoughts. Should be available on all platforms.

The layout is pretty much done, not gonna be many big changes as far as that goes. I’m sure I’ll tweak the greens a bit.

Still some clean up and cosmetics to do... maybe 50% there on that front.

I’m open to feedback. Don’t hold back.

Just published a draft of a new course; it’s called “Islands v3” - give it a try guys and lemme know your thoughts. Should be available on all platforms.

The layout is pretty much done, not gonna be many big changes as far as that goes. I’m sure I’ll tweak the greens a bit.

Will try right now.

New event in Hawaii.......incredibly hard course. Not one I want to revisit. Asthetically it was well done.

Ok first off my testing a course I always place on easier. I just want to "experience" a course and take it in a bit. I don't want insane settings to ruin it (or default settings) for me.

That being said........I LOVE it! Well done man. There are a few nit picky things that are minute and don't take away anything from what you created.

1) maybe more strategically planned palm trees? You had a few well placed ones, but I think you can add more, especially on 17? The short par 4. I mean again its nit picking here.

2) 2 drivable par 4s is maybe over the top. I mean don't get me wrong I love courses like these. But @stevie-a is going to kill us on this course.

That's it. Also got a vibe of golfing in say Aruba. Which made it fun also.

Steve we need to add this and one of your courses to the tourney section.

Back