Ok first off my testing a course I always place on easier. I just want to "experience" a course and take it in a bit. I don't want insane settings to ruin it (or default settings) for me.

That being said........I LOVE it! Well done man. There are a few nit picky things that are minute and don't take away anything from what you created.

1) maybe more strategically planned palm trees? You had a few well placed ones, but I think you can add more, especially on 17? The short par 4. I mean again its nit picking here.

2) 2 drivable par 4s is maybe over the top. I mean don't get me wrong I love courses like these. But @stevie-a is going to kill us on this course.

That's it. Also got a vibe of golfing in say Aruba. Which made it fun also.

Steve we need to add this and one of your courses to the tourney section.

Thanks! @stevie-a don’t add it just yet; it’s still a rough draft.

There’s one super short par 4 in the back that I intended as a par 3... I’ll fix that.

Good call on the strategic trees. I’m working back thru it today cleaning up some cosmetics, softening the greens a bit and some other stuff. I’ll give some thought to the trees as well.

I’ll ping the thread here when I publish the final version. Curious about @stevie-a’s feedback as well, and I’m waiting on a few other friends to chime in too.

Thanks for the input!

Thanks! @stevie-a don’t add it just yet; it’s still a rough draft.

There’s one super short par 4 in the back that I intended as a par 3... I’ll fix that.

Good call on the strategic trees. I’m working back thru it today cleaning up some cosmetics, softening the greens a bit and some other stuff. I’ll give some thought to the trees as well.

I’ll ping the thread here when I publish the final version. Curious about @stevie-a’s feedback as well, and I’m waiting on a few other friends to chime in too.

Thanks for the input!
I'll give it a run on Monday and will offer some feedback.

I'm starting to get the itch to make some new courses too, so will be good to get some ideas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'll give it a run on Monday and will offer some feedback.

I'm starting to get the itch to make some new courses too, so will be good to get some ideas.

It's my winter project, LOL.

I've got a links course (Hope Highlands) and a mountain course (Maxwell Pines) published already, so an ocean/topical course seemed like a good next step.

I need to fix Maxwell Pines, though. When it ported over to 2k21 I feel like it added another 50% more trees. After the tropical course is done I'll go clear out Maxwell Pines a bit.

Ok first off my testing a course I always place on easier. I just want to "experience" a course and take it in a bit. I don't want insane settings to ruin it (or default settings) for me.

That being said........I LOVE it! Well done man. There are a few nit picky things that are minute and don't take away anything from what you created.

1) maybe more strategically planned palm trees? You had a few well placed ones, but I think you can add more, especially on 17? The short par 4. I mean again its nit picking here.

2) 2 drivable par 4s is maybe over the top. I mean don't get me wrong I love courses like these. But @stevie-a is going to kill us on this course.

That's it. Also got a vibe of golfing in say Aruba. Which made it fun also.

Steve we need to add this and one of your courses to the tourney section.

Re-reading... noticed you had the easy settings on. I played it on pro with downswing timing on and shot +5, on my own d@mn course, LMAO...

The greens were too firm and penalized misses too harshly - like, you’d miss your spot by a few yards and end up rolling way off the green.

I want it to be challenging but fun... it wasn’t fun missing by a yard and having a 30y chip for my next shot.

Re-reading... noticed you had the easy settings on. I played it on pro with downswing timing on and shot +5, on my own d@mn course, LMAO...

The greens were too firm and penalized misses too harshly - like, you’d miss your spot by a few yards and end up rolling way off the green.

I want it to be challenging but fun... it wasn’t fun missing by a yard and having a 30y chip for my next shot.
Yeah I made greens softer......no wind. Was just testing it

Also post to reddit when finished. To get more votes

@5150 @tucsoncacti @Qwkz51

I fill out the tourney schedule thru the end of Feb with 2 day events. I think this structure has worked well and has kept everyone engaged.

If anyone has any other ideas for our "league" let me know. I'm up to play a 'for fun' round, perhaps even while testing your course @5150 ...?

I fill out the tourney schedule thru the end of Feb with 2 day events. I think this structure has worked well and has kept everyone engaged.

If anyone has any other ideas for our "league" let me know. I'm up to play a 'for fun' round, perhaps even while testing your course @5150 ...?

Sure; let’s figure it out sometime this week.

I've not been in very long but have enjoyed it so far!

I published the final version of the Islands course today. It’s called Jordan’s Isle. Have at it guys...

Any one know if Maderas or Aviara in San Diego area are in the game ? Nothing came up, but was curious. Play La Costa and Torrey in advanced of going there for a trip... yes I am a golf nerd.

Any one know if Maderas or Aviara in San Diego area are in the game ? Nothing came up, but was curious. Play La Costa and Torrey in advanced of going there for a trip... yes I am a golf nerd.

Nerd contest!!!

Not only did I make a PGA 2k21 version of our local goat track 9 hole course (“The Legion”), I made a “what if we had a million dollars to dump into this goat track” version called Legion National.

Yes, I am a nerd.

Nerd contest!!!

Not only did I make a PGA 2k21 version of our local goat track 9 hole course (“The Legion”), I made a “what if we had a million dollars to dump into this goat track” version called Legion National.

Yes, I am a nerd.
I wish I could see what local tracks people made...

I published the final version of the Islands course today. It’s called Jordan’s Isle. Have at it guys...
Shot a 75, solid course!

@5150 @Qwkz51 @stevie-a am I missing anyone please tag........ Fun one day tourney starts this evening. Just an 18 hole tourney, it's like a silly 7, but all par 5s. Some holes are confusing where to hit it, just make sure and check everything before committing to shot.

Have fun!

That last course kicked my tail. 1 step forward 3 steps back:D:D

@5150 @Qwkz51 @stevie-a am I missing anyone please tag........ Fun one day tourney starts this evening. Just an 18 hole tourney, it's like a silly 7, but all par 5s. Some holes are confusing where to hit it, just make sure and check everything before committing to shot.

Have fun!
I fired a cool -49 on the course with 2..count em, 1-2...2 hole in ones. I don't count these since well, you'll see.

Fun course, well done for what it is. On the hole with the waterfall...16 I think...I apparently holed this one out on the fly with my 3rd shot.

I fired a cool -49 on the course with 2..count em, 1-2...2 hole in ones. I don't count these since well, you'll see.

Fun course, well done for what it is. On the hole with the waterfall...16 I think...I apparently holed this one out on the fly with my 3rd shot.

I need a alby to tie you on last hole and shot a lovely triple bogey 🤣🤣🤣

That was fantastic.. and nutty! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have fun!

-51, with 3 aces. Oh yeah.

Posted -19 at Ironfall. Quite the intricate course... not sure I’d want to play it with downswing timing on. Lots of narrow fairways!

Posted -19 at Ironfall. Quite the intricate course... not sure I’d want to play it with downswing timing on. Lots of narrow fairways!
I shot -19....for the 1st round....oops. I didn't miss a putt (for a change) and while I liked the course layout, it did play a little easy on the greens.

The wind and elevation can play tricks, but once you figure out a decent ratio of club up/down and play for wind, I was able to get close to all of the pins.

Back