I thought for so long you needed xbox live to play social clubs. This has renewed my interest in the game. I played the genesis this Sunday, was way down the standings but was fun. The THP group is looking to be great fun!

What clubs are you guys using? I have a Bridgestone driver, Wilson 3w, hb tour hybrid, Wilson blade irons, macdaddy wedges, and the Odessy putter.

Last edited:
I thought for so long you needed xbox live to play social clubs. This has renewed my interest in the game. I played the genesis this Sunday, was way down the standings but was fun. The THP group is looking to be great fun!

What clubs are you guys using? I have a Bridgestone driver, Wilson 3w, hb tour hybrid, Wilson blade irons, macdaddy wedges, and the Odessy putter.
No clue what clubs I am using offhand, but I know I went with whatever hit it the furthest with my woods, then tried to avoid gaps with my irons and wedges.

If you use the career mode to get better, you'll earn money and sponsorships that'll unlock clubs (and other gear)....so there is value in putting in the time so you have better clubs to use in our society.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

just started playing this game again....after a long layoff. Looks like the original THP club is dead? Anyone got any clubs going? Ill play.

Also - forgot that even with a few quirks to it, this is such a fun damn game.

just started playing this game again....after a long layoff. Looks like the original THP club is dead? Anyone got any clubs going? Ill play.

Also - forgot that even with a few quirks to it, this is such a fun damn game.
Xbox or ps or cpu....unfortunately no cross play

Xbox or ps or cpu....unfortunately no cross play

Ahh that’s right. I have PS4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved the new comp on course butters bay. A total risk reward course. I ended up taking too many risks and ended up wit a -17 for two rounds. Had some bogeys that kept me from the top spot.

Loved the new comp on course butters bay. A total risk reward course. I ended up taking too many risks and ended up wit a -17 for two rounds. Had some bogeys that kept me from the top spot.
Tight battle my friend, I barely edged you out...and agree it was a nice course.

Beautiful course just blew it on a few holes. :mad: I got to round 2, no wind(which usually kills me) and made dumb mistakes in a couple holes..:rolleyes: I might have gotten pissed and rotated to just pound driver shots into the ocean 😆🤣

So I’m done goofing with it... Maxwell Pines 2k21 is published.

It’s a fantasy mountain track that winds thru the forest and lakes of the Sierra Nevada mountains near Pinecrest Lake.

Choose your tee shots wisely as it’s all about angles.

I’ve cleared out several trees, slowed the greens a touch and added some bailout areas to the tougher holes.

Enjoy! I welcome everyone’s feedback

So I’m done goofing with it... Maxwell Pines 2k21 is published.

It’s a fantasy mountain track that winds thru the forest and lakes of the Sierra Nevada mountains near Pinecrest Lake.

Choose your tee shots wisely as it’s all about angles.

I’ve cleared out several trees, slowed the greens a touch and added some bailout areas to the tougher holes.

Enjoy! I welcome everyone’s feedback
New controller (so we can chat and play) arrived yesterday, so I'll give your course a try now.

New controller (so we can chat and play) arrived yesterday, so I'll give your course a try now.

Cool deal; I’m up for a live round sometime this week.

My house is still asleep (other than me) so not a good time for chatting, haha.

Nothing better than cruising along...not a concern in the world...and making a 10 on the 36th (final hole) of the event to potentially lose by 2...hahaha! Sure wish I could replay my 36th hole for you all...

Hit a great drive, had like 105 left into a 14 mph wind...club up 2 clubs, plenty of distance to cover the water, land middle of green and have a 10 footer for birdie...except the wind kills my shot and makes it land on the side of the hill, rolling back into the water... No problem, take my drop and hit it onto the green and make bogey and win by 1...except where it drops the ball is right behind a small shrub, no way to hook/slice it around it...club up 3 clubs to hit it thru the shrub...nope...ball in the water. Drop again, except this time I back it up by 30 yards, thinking I'll be able to clear the shrub for sure...except now there is a large tree in the way...hit a hook around it, bounces on green, then off into the fairway...about 25 yards to pin now...hitting shot 7...tournament long over...get ball on the green with 10 feet to go for an ELECTRIC 8...nope...I miss...I flip the joystick knowing I'll surely make the 3" putt I have remaining...and...nope...solid 10 with the clean up putt.

I should be pissed, but I was laughing the whole time because all I could think about was Van De Velde at the British Open.

@-CJ- you got this one

65228be256f58f30b202e71329b779b6.jpg

Nothing better than cruising along...not a concern in the world...and making a 10 on the 36th (final hole) of the event to potentially lose by 2...hahaha! Sure wish I could replay my 36th hole for you all...

Hit a great drive, had like 105 left into a 14 mph wind...club up 2 clubs, plenty of distance to cover the water, land middle of green and have a 10 footer for birdie...except the wind kills my shot and makes it land on the side of the hill, rolling back into the water... No problem, take my drop and hit it onto the green and make bogey and win by 1...except where it drops the ball is right behind a small shrub, no way to hook/slice it around it...club up 3 clubs to hit it thru the shrub...nope...ball in the water. Drop again, except this time I back it up by 30 yards, thinking I'll be able to clear the shrub for sure...except now there is a large tree in the way...hit a hook around it, bounces on green, then off into the fairway...about 25 yards to pin now...hitting shot 7...tournament long over...get ball on the green with 10 feet to go for an ELECTRIC 8...nope...I miss...I flip the joystick knowing I'll surely make the 3" putt I have remaining...and...nope...solid 10 with the clean up putt.

I should be pissed, but I was laughing the whole time because all I could think about was Van De Velde at the British Open.

@-CJ- you got this one

65228be256f58f30b202e71329b779b6.jpg
I do that too.. but usually on multiple holes 😆

@stevie-a not sure on dates yet but I’ll probably be in your area in the next month or so; would be glad to tee up a real round with you and your crew. I’ll know more on schedule this week.

@stevie-a not sure on dates yet but I’ll probably be in your area in the next month or so; would be glad to tee up a real round with you and your crew. I’ll know more on schedule this week.
Keep me posted and I'll gladly run a round or 3 with you. Looking forward to it!

Tight battle my friend, I barely edged you out...and agree it was a nice course.

The bogeys hurt so bad knowing it was that close. next time.

Beautiful course just blew it on a few holes. :mad: I got to round 2, no wind(which usually kills me) and made dumb mistakes in a couple holes..:rolleyes: I might have gotten pissed and rotated to just pound driver shots into the ocean 😆🤣

I feel ya. The current track was coasting along and brain farted a triple bogey.

I don't have a clue how you all get to 20-30 under. I can occasionally get under par, but even then 5-10 under is as good as I can get. I make short swing here and there but dang...What gear are you all using??:ROFLMAO:

@-CJ- you got this one

I had so many bogey's on this track because of hero shots, and just lack of paying attention to the lie. One shot I didn't even realize it was set as pitch, poor lack focus on my part.

I don't have a clue how you all get to 20-30 under. I can occasionally get under par, but even then 5-10 under is as good as I can get. I make short swing here and there but dang...What gear are you all using??:ROFLMAO:

The THP society is so much easier than playing career, or online high roller on pro. There is no penalty for timing which is like night and day playing. I got the straight back and forward controller down pat, its the timing thing that hurts me. So for our THP rounds if there is no wind I am dropping approach shots within 3 feet most of the time.

Because on pro level I miss so many greens, that my chipping and pitching have become my strong parts of my game. It allows me to go flag hunting without consequence. But a few rounds ago I had 2 chips back to back roll back off the green for a double bogey

How do you decide where to put your tee shot? Do you take a look at where the pin is and choose a part of the fairway that'll give you a good angle?

What about your approach? Do you check out where the pin is and try to put the ball in a good spot, i.e., below the hole, etc?

The THP society is so much easier than playing career, or online high roller on pro. There is no penalty for timing which is like night and day playing. I got the straight back and forward controller down pat, its the timing thing that hurts me. So for our THP rounds if there is no wind I am dropping approach shots within 3 feet most of the time.

Because on pro level I miss so many greens, that my chipping and pitching have become my strong parts of my game. It allows me to go flag hunting without consequence. But a few rounds ago I had 2 chips back to back roll back off the green for a double bogey

Yeah, I play on pro setting outside the THP society, so it feels soooooo much easier - like you said, I'm pin hunting, since it's almost a given that I'll hit most if not all the fairways.

How do you decide where to put your tee shot? Do you take a look at where the pin is and choose a part of the fairway that'll give you a good angle?

What about your approach? Do you check out where the pin is and try to put the ball in a good spot, i.e., below the hole, etc?
I guess I focus on compensating for the wind and getting my ball in position for the next shot. From the fairway I'm usually trying to get close to the pin as my putting is lackluster but getting better...:unsure: sounds like I'm describing my actual game :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess I focus on compensating for the wind and getting my ball in position for the next shot. From the fairway I'm usually trying to get close to the pin as my putting is lackluster but getting better...:unsure: sounds like I'm describing my actual game
Once you figure out how much the wind and elevation affect distance, the setup we are using becomes much easier.

As a reference, I will take a longer club (ex. 6i instead of 7i) if my landing target/green is 20-25 feet ABOVE me...and I'll do the same if the wind is 10mph directly into me. And the opposite holds true the other way if the landing area or wind is in my favor.

You still have to consider the bounce and rollout for any shot based on the club you are using...but again, the more you play and experiment/get used to it, you'll find yourself being able to make some pretty good shots.

Putting.....well.....putting just takes time. For my misses, its usually because I don't move the aim enough for the break - and I burn the lip of the cup. Pay attention to the up/down elevation of your putt too. The default setup it gives as soon as you are on the green is usually pretty close for the up/down, but sometimes you'll need to slightly adjust the diatance too.

Once you figure out how much the wind and elevation affect distance, the setup we are using becomes much easier.

As a reference, I will take a longer club (ex. 6i instead of 7i) if my landing target/green is 20-25 feet ABOVE me...and I'll do the same if the wind is 10mph directly into me. And the opposite holds true the other way if the landing area or wind is in my favor.

You still have to consider the bounce and rollout for any shot based on the club you are using...but again, the more you play and experiment/get used to it, you'll find yourself being able to make some pretty good shots.

One other tip from a friend of mine (who's an accountant by trade, which is relevant here).

When there's a lie penalty, like you have a 75%-80% lie in the rough, etc - he'll actually do the math before choosing a shot.

He's quick enough on the math to do it in his head. My brain doesn't work that way.

Putting.....well.....putting just takes time. For my misses, its usually because I don't move the aim enough for the break - and I burn the lip of the cup. Pay attention to the up/down elevation of your putt too. The default setup it gives as soon as you are on the green is usually pretty close for the up/down, but sometimes you'll need to slightly adjust the diatance too.

YMMV, but I'm finding with putting that the more I think about it, the worse I do. My brain works better when I quickly choose a line and commit without second guessing.

Oddly enough it works that way for me in real life too. Choose a line, choose the smallest possible target - not just the cup, but that little gray spot on the back of the cup, right there - and go. Otherwise I tend towards analysis-paralysis.

I really committed to it on my last IRL round and came out with 28 total putts; averaging 1.6 putts per hole.

One other tip from a friend of mine (who's an accountant by trade, which is relevant here).
When there's a lie penalty, like you have a 75%-80% lie in the rough, etc - he'll actually do the math before choosing a shot.
He's quick enough on the math to do it in his head. My brain doesn't work that way.

I am an accountant too. I can't do math to save my life (hahaha), I let the computer/excel do maths for me.

The lie penalty is easier to figure out when you realize that the game actually mimics real life in that aspect. You will not get spin out of the rough, a full shot is less penalizing than a pitch or other shot out of heavy rough, you can hit it further with a 4i than a 3wood out of lie penalty.

On the flip of that sand is a joke, 77% sand lie a splash with a 9i has more error than just using a Lob wedge on pitch and placing the landing 10 yards past the pin. also in sand a 3w will show a shorter landing distance that a hybrid or long iron but if the lip isn't an issue the 3w will roll so much further and will end up the longer club out of the sand.

My issue is on the below/above feet, I just can't seem to figure out how much to adjust aim. and for some reason when the ball is above my feet and the wind is blowing left, my ball just b-lines hard left even after adjustment.

Back