This latest course Ozarks was awesome.

The elevations kicked my butt, I just couldn't get in good putting range on the approaches. Dunked a few miscalculating the elevation yardages. Really liked the course hope to play it again.
The creator of that course is awesome too.....ME!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hahaha. So you are the one to blame for my horrible score. Great job :)
Do PGA tour players blame course creators for their poor play in real life.....? Hahaha.

"So Bryson, why did you not play well today?"

"Well Jim, I stunk up the course today because Pete Dye made the course so hard..."

Well the 17th hole this past weekend may be helping my case, hehehe, so many dunked balls.

Question about the game, how do I play that course again?

So they ink Tiger for the franchise, they HAVE to take the next step and let you actually play as the pros in the next version, right? While I always enjoy taking my golfer through the career mode, I was shocked to see that you couldn't play as pros in this year's game. I actually own it on both the ps4 and the switch and the pro highlights took such a long time to load, sometimes causing the game to crash, so I disabled it early on.

Do PGA tour players blame course creators for their poor play in real life.....? Hahaha.

"So Bryson, why did you not play well today?"

"Well Jim, I stunk up the course today because Pete Dye made the course so hard..."

Having played one Dye course in real life, I know I blamed him, for sure.

Well the 17th hole this past weekend may be helping my case, hehehe, so many dunked balls.

Question about the game, how do I play that course again?
There is one of the option tabs (not society) that has options like network play or set up local match...something along those lines.... You can do a single player game and choose a course, except you'll want to search for "Ozark Trails" to find my course.

Ozark was the 2nd course I ever created...so you may want to give "Willow Springs" a look to, it was my 3rd (and last/best) course created.

PM me if you have questions.

So they ink Tiger for the franchise, they HAVE to take the next step and let you actually play as the pros in the next version, right? While I always enjoy taking my golfer through the career mode, I was shocked to see that you couldn't play as pros in this year's game. I actually own it on both the ps4 and the switch and the pro highlights took such a long time to load, sometimes causing the game to crash, so I disabled it early on.
For me....I couldn't care less if I get to play as one of the pros. Granted, will be cool to have Tiger back in the game, but what I really want is more realistic gameplay and customization...

Skill sliders (more distance at the expense of accuracy/contact, etc.)

A more robust career mode (the move up from Q school to the PGA is cool, but unnecessary since the season lasts like 10 events...WTF, pointless...)

Cross-platform play

MUST KEEP THE COURSE CREATOR!!!

Realistic ball physics...seriously, can a PGA caliber player not put spin on the ball?? Sheesh...

True equipment customization

The game is not terrible. Just need improvements.

Skill sliders (more distance at the expense of accuracy/contact, etc.)

True equipment customization

The game is not terrible. Just need improvements.

Stevie, may be a really basic question, but have you tried some of the different club sets in the game? I recently redid my virtual bag with the Callaway clubs in game that are longer distance, and it definitely makes the perfect swing line and speed tougher, but the driver distance is maybe 20 yards longer (285 listed as an example). Really did make the courses play different.

Stevie, may be a really basic question, but have you tried some of the different club sets in the game? I recently redid my virtual bag with the Callaway clubs in game that are longer distance, and it definitely makes the perfect swing line and speed tougher, but the driver distance is maybe 20 yards longer (285 listed as an example). Really did make the courses play different.
Yep....I've played this game long enough that I have like a 100 ranking, whatever that means, and have unlocked everything.

My driver carries like 295-300, so I'm not worried about hitting it any further. What I mean by distance is being able to alter it in game and the target. As an example, I like to hit my 7i or 8i (or really any club for that matter) with a 3/4 shot based on need. Yes, you can do that on 2k, but its more of a guess than something you can set in advance....as the circle will only go back so far before it arbitrarily stops... Make sense?

Yep....I've played this game long enough that I have like a 100 ranking, whatever that means, and have unlocked everything.

My driver carries like 295-300, so I'm not worried about hitting it any further. What I mean by distance is being able to alter it in game and the target. As an example, I like to hit my 7i or 8i (or really any club for that matter) with a 3/4 shot based on need. Yes, you can do that on 2k, but its more of a guess than something you can set in advance....as the circle will only go back so far before it arbitrarily stops... Make sense?

Completely agree - the game is great and the series is really great, but they have basically one foot in the door in terms of being a true golfing sim. Some QOL improvements, like the partial club shots would be helpful. I also liked the earlier comments regarding how you can't spin all your shots in real life, but I do think there is a bit more they could do to help us feel more control over our on course decisions.

Gotcha

Hahaha. So you are the one to blame for my horrible score. Great job :)
Soooo.....I feel like I had an advantage going into the current event, but I haven't played the 3 courses I created in a looooooong time. As I played thru Ozark, I remembered trying to make it play tough if you got in the wrong spots, especially on the greens. Wrong side, lots of break. Correct side, nearly flat. I didn't remember putting as much elevation (both up and down) aside from the obvious "gimmick" holes.

Soooo....I dropped a 59-64 (-21).....so yeah, @5150 @tucsoncacti @Qwkz51 @-CJ- , you have your work cut out to catch me.

I'll add my other track called Willow Springs to our event list. It was my final creation and I felt like I had a pretty good idea how to even out the balance of risk/reward, challenge and looks.

Hope you enjoy both, as I had fun creating them...and playing this course makes me want to create a new course. Rather than trying to make it a course, I want to make 18 individual holes -- if that makes sense. They will be hard and will require thought, but still fair enough that you'll enjoy playing it.

Stay tuned..............

Soooo.....I feel like I had an advantage going into the current event, but I haven't played the 3 courses I created in a looooooong time. As I played thru Ozark, I remembered trying to make it play tough if you got in the wrong spots, especially on the greens. Wrong side, lots of break. Correct side, nearly flat. I didn't remember putting as much elevation (both up and down) aside from the obvious "gimmick" holes.

Soooo....I dropped a 59-64 (-21).....so yeah, @5150 @tucsoncacti @Qwkz51 @-CJ- , you have your work cut out to catch me.

I'll add my other track called Willow Springs to our event list. It was my final creation and I felt like I had a pretty good idea how to even out the balance of risk/reward, challenge and looks.

Hope you enjoy both, as I had fun creating them...and playing this course makes me want to create a new course. Rather than trying to make it a course, I want to make 18 individual holes -- if that makes sense. They will be hard and will require thought, but still fair enough that you'll enjoy playing it.

Stay tuned..............

Yeah.. I'm not putting up -21 but I wason a solid run until I hit over the green and down on the beach....I had nowhere to go

Tiger in the game means TW and Nike apparel!! Something to hopefully rival what Adidas has in the game.

For me....I couldn't care less if I get to play as one of the pros. Granted, will be cool to have Tiger back in the game, but what I really want is more realistic gameplay and customization...

Cross-platform play

Yes to this puh-lease!

I hate following this thread knowing that I cannot join in on the fun. I think there were like 3 of us on PCs in TGC 2019 and we had one tournament and then it died.

Realistic ball physics...seriously, can a PGA caliber player not put spin on the ball?? Sheesh...

One thing that's interesting is that I noticed through PC resource managers that the last two years of games put SERIOUS workload on the CPU, presumably doing the physics calculations. I have a feeling that's why an above average looking game on PC/PS/XBOX was reduced down to almost the polygons on switch. So they definitely are doing some math, but who knows if the lack of spin is a result of feature removal from prior models or if it was a lack of optimization.

Played a course last night called Nintendo Golf Club. If you are looking for a fun layout with some Nintendo nostalgia baked in, give it a shot.

That's too bad...No interest in creating a PS4 society?
There may be one....just haven't seen much discussion about it here...

Played ozark again a few times. With downswing penalty I keep getting the same score. Going to try Nintendo golf club now.

Back