XBox One.
Man....come join us. I think you signed up once, but in case not the society is called THP Cup

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Man....come join us. I think you signed up once, but in case not the society is called THP Cup

Will do!

Just requested.

Last edited:
I really liked O'Driscolls, very unique layout and the wind in round 1 made me really look where I was hitting. I didn't miss any putts though...so I carded a 59.

Round 2....well....with the wind under 7 mph and rainy, the course never stood a chance. I don't think I was outside of 10 feet more than 2 times....and dropped a 55.

Definitely liked the way the fairways were all over the place, but I would have planted more trees and made 2nd shots harder. Tee shots were set up well....but have 130 yards in killed it.

Would like to try it on Pro....hahaha

@5150

Played the course on Pro with downswing meter ON.

#1 - good opening hole, nice elevated tee with visual

#2 - slope on front of green is pretty severe, so a putt that I rolled just past the hole ended up off the green. Not saying you have to adjust this, but definitely got my attention to watch for penalizing spots on the greens going forward

#4 - par 3 with some strong potential...maybe expand the green more width-wise, but keep the depth as you have it now....will give you more options for pin positions

#7 - par 3 with a tiny, domed green next to water. Wow...tough hole with downswing meter on. With the edges of the green sloping off it requires a SUPER accurate shot. With downswing off, this would be a great hole.

#9 - good uphill hole with a sliver fairway... I made the fairway, but crapped the bed with my pitch (slow) and was short right in the rough and ended up with a bogey.

Overall, the front 9 definitely has potential. I think you may have to consider whether you intend for it to be a track we play on our tour (no downswing meter) vs on normal Pro. If the later, you may need to widen the fairways.

As for the views and design, I personally am a fan of this terrain. I know you'll go back in and add scenery (trees, rocks, more bunkers(?), and maybe even some character items like animals or vehicles) and bridges / wood posts/surrounds on a couple greens.

Great job man, can't wait to play the finished product!

Canyon v2 is up... took some feedback into consideration, but haven’t laid out the back 9 yet.

Still no planting, so the look is pretty bare. Bunkers are mostly shaped.

I feel like the layout for the front is pretty close.

Kinda fun collaborating with THP on this stuff :)

I really liked O'Driscolls, very unique layout and the wind in round 1 made me really look where I was hitting. I didn't miss any putts though...so I carded a 59.

Round 2....well....with the wind under 7 mph and rainy, the course never stood a chance. I don't think I was outside of 10 feet more than 2 times....and dropped a 55.

Definitely liked the way the fairways were all over the place, but I would have planted more trees and made 2nd shots harder. Tee shots were set up well....but have 130 yards in killed it.

Enjoyed the course; that was a fun one. The greens were great.

Enjoyed the course; that was a fun one. The greens were great.
I agree on the greens, although I only saw 17 feet or less of them.... lol

I'll jump around Canyon v2 later today

@5150

Played v2...here's my thoughts...

#2 - maybe put some fairway on the left next the water...so if it goes over there it slopes into the water? Also, from behind the hole you get a great view looking bacl toward the creek/pond, so good opportunity to add eye candy.

#7 - yikes....landing on this green is an accomplishment. I like it, but damn....even the putt from the middle of the green is sketchy because its downhill....toward the water.... Please don't read these comments as suggesting a change, because I like hard holes as long as they are fair.

I shot -2 on Pro and should have been -4 if I had taken my time on the greens

Can't wait for the back 9

@5150

Played v2...here's my thoughts...

#2 - maybe put some fairway on the left next the water...so if it goes over there it slopes into the water? Also, from behind the hole you get a great view looking bacl toward the creek/pond, so good opportunity to add eye candy.

It is narrow, yep... only real conservative play is less than driver... although I might not be leaving enough room for the driver; I'll ponder that.

#7 - yikes....landing on this green is an accomplishment. I like it, but damn....even the putt from the middle of the green is sketchy because its downhill....toward the water.... Please don't read these comments as suggesting a change, because I like hard holes as long as they are fair.

Haha yeah... I added a bit of a bailout area to the right, but to your point, if you bail out right, your chip to get up and down suuuuuuuucks.

I shot -2 on Pro and should have been -4 if I had taken my time on the greens

Can't wait for the back 9

Cool; still working on layout. What did you think about 4? I switched that one up a bit. Widened the green (that was a good suggestion from you) and moved the tee box. It should play downwind so club selection will be tough.

@5150 I hit a great shot into #4, so I only had a 4 footer left...

Maybe remove the thin rough around the green and make it "all or nothing"...? Otherwise, hell, make the green even wider/longer. Short hole, but multiple pin positions, lots of slopes....basically 1 hole that plays 4 different ways based on where the pin is.

I know you are still working on filling in the surroundings. As you know, well positioned trees can change holes and can "hide" wide fairways. It also leads to 2-3 different ways to play a hole.

Played some Divot Derby last night. That was fun, I enjoyed it. It's nice to not have to commit to an entire round if you don't want to and it's an interesting format. If you haven't tried it, you should check it out.

@tucsoncacti @5150 @-CJ- @Qwkz51
Soooooo.....still no hole in one's, but....I did make a legit albatross on #8 from 232 yds out today!

Someday I'll get a HIO....someday.....
1f73cf3deb27ab647af9825b424e51cc.jpg

I practiced on O'driscoll, then added to league. I usually do that to see if a course is worth out time.

Fun fact......this course is an ode to Red Dead Redemption 2. The O'Driscolls were a rascally gang that made their home in the lowlands of the game. So playing the course felt like you were in their territory.

Here is a brief clip......well first 30 seconds gives you an idea......sorry for the gore in advance.

Canyon v4 is up...

Still a rough draft.

Cleaned up the front 9 a bit.

Routed holes 10-15 and installed fairways, greens, bunkers and tees.

Still no planting yet - just stock trees and bushes.

There is a lot of light rough in play and not a ton of heavy rough... I feel like the heavy rough in this game is super penal, and I sort of dig having more light rough around the fairways so that misses will roll out more... it’ll also encourage more pin hunting from the rough, so, naturally, I’ve made the greens a bit tougher.

It’s designed to play with the wind coming off the ocean to the northwest.

I have spot checked the pins, but I’d stick with blue tees and pin 1 for now, or you may find a pin or two in an unplayable spot

As always, open to feedback. It’s fun testing this stuff out with you all.

Last edited:
Finally.....finally.....I made a hole in one!!

Granted, the current course, Chernobyl, isn't the most visually appealing (although I love the concept!!!)....but I finally checked the box.

@5150 time is almost up for the current event at Strathlorne.

This is a GREAT course and one that I highly recommend checking out. The layout is well done, giving views of the next and prior holes while also having good view points of the surrounding landscape. The fairways hwve rolling slopes and the greens require you to get close to the pin (risk/reward) to score.

@5150 time is almost up for the current event at Strathlorne.

This is a GREAT course and one that I highly recommend checking out. The layout is well done, giving views of the next and prior holes while also having good view points of the surrounding landscape. The fairways hwve rolling slopes and the greens require you to get close to the pin (risk/reward) to score.

Will try to fit it in today... crazy week at work... had a pretty significant outage and have been herding all the cats...

Will try to fit it in today... crazy week at work... had a pretty significant outage and have been herding all the cats...
Sounds like we have similar roles....as a project manager I know all too well about herding cats....

Worst case, you can always run thru it on a practice round....I just recommend it based on its layout. Gave me some ideas for my "Highlands" course.

Sounds like we have similar roles....as a project manager I know all too well about herding cats....

Worst case, you can always run thru it on a practice round....I just recommend it based on its layout. Gave me some ideas for my "Highlands" course.

Yeah, been a PM in some capacity since 1998, sir. I think I am an advanced Six Sigma Black Belt Lean Agile Scrum PMP Cat Herder now. Or something.

@5150 @-CJ- @tucsoncacti

Hope you get a chance to play Highlands 2k21 event....it is a BEAST....especially round 2.

Feel free to add my ghost to your round, might help a little, but might get ya in trouble too.

@5150 in terms of design, I like what was done for the front 9 but I think the creator lost their way on the back 9. I have laid the foundation for my Highlands track and this definitely is similar to what I'm planning to create.

@Qwkz51

I saw you played this monster too....tough track, holy cow.

Skinny fairways, lots of wind, elevation changes, trees in bad places, bunkers that gobbled up shots, heavy rough....sheesh

@5150 @-CJ- @tucsoncacti

Hope you get a chance to play Highlands 2k21 event....it is a BEAST....especially round 2.

Feel free to add my ghost to your round, might help a little, but might get ya in trouble too.

@5150 in terms of design, I like what was done for the front 9 but I think the creator lost their way on the back 9. I have laid the foundation for my Highlands track and this definitely is similar to what I'm planning to create.

Cool. Been playing more IRL golf lately :)

Back