I also have it on Xbox. Man this game is different! It will be an improvement for sure but after being so used to TGC19, let’s just say my first round didn’t go very well lol

I also have it on Xbox. Man this game is different! It will be an improvement for sure but after being so used to TGC19, let’s just say my first round didn’t go very well lol
Hmmm I just played another round and went -13. I need to mess with the difficulty a little lol

Has anyone played this on Switch yet? I know it's probably not the best platform for it, but with kids - that might be the only console I can talk my wife into.
I'm getting it on switch. Dont have any other console

From what I read, online matches need to be played on PRO or higher difficulty (whatever that means). Not sure if that’s for officially sanctioned events or also for matches between friends.

I will be getting it on xbox as soon as I am off work. Let me know once a THP society is set up

Guess this baby sold better than I thought - or stores didn't just get many physical copies in. I got the last one at Best Buy on my lunch break....looking forward to breaking it in hopefully later tonight

Should be downloading tonight or tomorrow as it’s my Birthday present from my wife.

Aren't there new consoles coming out in Oct/Nov? Should I just wait for one of those to get this?

Aren't there new consoles coming out in Oct/Nov? Should I just wait for one of those to get this?
PS5 is coming soon...yes. I don't think the PS4 will become obsolete for a while though. If you have a console now, I'd wait.

Plus do we know if they are making this game for PS5? Or will there be backward compatibility? My guess is the PS5 will have x amount of games at launch...and it probably won't include golf. But that's just me assuming.

From what I've been told, the ps5 will play most PS4 games.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I guess this has been a disaster so far playing on a PC through Google Stadia. I went to buy the game today and they pulled it off because of technical difficulties :oops:

So I'm very curious as to what other people think about this...but I have to say that my inital impression is not nearly as positive as I would have hoped, but only because I started out on too hard a difficulty.

I think if you want to just play single player, and don't mind tuning the difficulties to match your skill level, then it can be a lot of fun. However, I found the difficulty level of this game to be pretty crazy. Because I read in a review that online society tournaments must be played on at least PRO difficulty, I started out of PRO difficulty...and it is BRUTAL. Trying to time my downswing within milliseconds while keeping my swing plane straight is borderline impossible, especially using the thumb joysticks - too many times I hit crazy hooks and slices despite my swing plane being straight because the game decided my swing speed was too fast or two slow.

I'm going to try on lesser difficulties tomorrow to see if I can fine tune it a bit, but if society matches must be played on PRO or higher - it could just be online matchmaking requires PRO or higher, which would help tremendously - then I'll be a bit bummed.

Has anyone created a THP Society for PS4 yet?

I preordered. It's probably downloading to my XBox as I write this.

There will be complaints and they will patch the game. That's my guess. It will not play like 2019. None of these sports games every quite play like their previous game. There may be tweaks in the controller sensitivity settings. Check those.

So I'm very curious as to what other people think about this...but I have to say that my inital impression is not nearly as positive as I would have hoped, but only because I started out on too hard a difficulty.

I think if you want to just play single player, and don't mind tuning the difficulties to match your skill level, then it can be a lot of fun. However, I found the difficulty level of this game to be pretty crazy. Because I read in a review that online society tournaments must be played on at least PRO difficulty, I started out of PRO difficulty...and it is BRUTAL. Trying to time my downswing within milliseconds while keeping my swing plane straight is borderline impossible, especially using the thumb joysticks - too many times I hit crazy hooks and slices despite my swing plane being straight because the game decided my swing speed was too fast or two slow.

I'm going to try on lesser difficulties tomorrow to see if I can fine tune it a bit, but if society matches must be played on PRO or higher - it could just be online matchmaking requires PRO or higher, which would help tremendously - then I'll be a bit bummed.

Has anyone created a THP Society for PS4 yet?
I did the same thing. I started on pro and played so poorly. Like +8 through 11 holes because I couldn't get the timing right. I then switched to one difficulty down to ProAm and shot a -13. There isn't a ton of middle ground at the moment. Game is fun in itself but finding the right difficulty where it's not too easy and not too hard has been a challenge so far. You can also make a custom difficulty and I've been playing with that recently to see if I can find a happy place

From what I've been told, the ps5 will play most PS4 games.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m going to bank on this and wait unless I can get a 4 for cheap. I don’t need it until November anyway

Has anyone played the game today. I have and the graphics are very nice. I created a group call Thp group so maybe fellow THPers can play online and have some fun

I did the same thing. I started on pro and played so poorly. Like +8 through 11 holes because I couldn't get the timing right. I then switched to one difficulty down to ProAm and shot a -13. There isn't a ton of middle ground at the moment. Game is fun in itself but finding the right difficulty where it's not too easy and not too hard has been a challenge so far. You can also make a custom difficulty and I've been playing with that recently to see if I can find a happy place

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. I’ll see if I can get myself to a happy place too. Honestly,I would be fine with the swing plane difficulty in Pro if it wasn’t for the downswing timing mechanic.

wonder if you can apply a custom difficulty to society tournaments and online matches...

Let’s get this started! I was going to play sooner but was watching DJ fall apart with only a 60🤣🤣😂😂

Attachments

• 113ECBC6-80A5-4E87-8C46-21628150FB34.jpeg
    113ECBC6-80A5-4E87-8C46-21628150FB34.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 14
I planned on getting it soon. Once I do ill join!

so we making a society or what? 😁

Putting absolutely sucks. I’m not sure if I’m just stupid but I’m on my 1st hole and am putting for a quad after a GIR.

8 freaking putts!

I play TGC (The Golf Club 2019) and that was HARD to get used to compared to the old PGA games.

I play TGC (The Golf Club 2019) and that was HARD to get used to compared to the old PGA games.
I was pretty good with the speeds. Id love to get you on the Group wubears since we havent played golf in person in a while. That was always a blast

For those that played 19 and this is the hype worth it? Upgrade or stay with 19

Back