I'm on Xbox too, tag is Mik3F

I imported my created course from 2019 over to 2K21. I also want to see how it plays. I might make the rough a little tougher. Then I'll publish it again. And I'm going to do my home course in the designer with a few mods... like make the rough tournament-like. I hope they give us more trees and a better scale. 100' pine trees should be fun.

Im on Xbox and have created a group Thp group. My id is Hogwild3170

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've joined the group. My gamer tag is DevilsLovechild

I have started the career mode all the way at the Korn Ferry final. Played my first round on default Amateur difficulty settings and shot -6. Switched it to Pro difficulty as that's what you need for most online modes, and I shot +6. Most of that is the Pro Swing mode. 12 shots difference is a lot! Luckily still made the cut.

man we need some more PS4 representation here lol - sounds like I should have bought an Xbox.

Anytime dude.

We have to see if there is a way to set up a THP tournament on this game.
What device are you on? I have the Xbox 1

Actually I will get it for xbox, I dont want to get a ton of COD invites while im lining up my putts.
I created a group called Thp Group on Xbox

I've joined the group. My gamer tag is DevilsLovechild

I have started the career mode all the way at the Korn Ferry final. Played my first round on default Amateur difficulty settings and shot -6. Switched it to Pro difficulty as that's what you need for most online modes, and I shot +6. Most of that is the Pro Swing mode. 12 shots difference is a lot! Luckily still made the cut.
I have to make the difficulty hard cause I was killing them when it was too easy. Shot one 54 early on. Already up to the PGA tour now

You can definitely create THP tournaments! Should be really easy and the best part is you can customize the difficulty. I find that Pro difficulty without the backswing meter is a great difficulty - hard enough you need to take it seriously but really rewarding if you do well. I rotate between shooting a -2 and -3 to a +4 or so depending on how I’m doing.

Also in case anyone missed it, I created The Hackers Paradise group for PS4. Its private now but I can make it public tonight when I’m back in front of my gaming rig.

I imported my created course from 2019 over to 2K21. I also want to see how it plays. I might make the rough a little tougher. Then I'll publish it again. And I'm going to do my home course in the designer with a few mods... like make the rough tournament-like. I hope they give us more trees and a better scale. 100' pine trees should be fun.

I have a few courses to import as well.

Anybody playing on PC?

Just got this. I last played TGC2 so I'm coming from a few versions away. On pro difficulty and not doing well but I'm ok with that. I know I'll get better the more I play.

Not a real biggie at all but I have to question if they quality controlled the commentary at all. It's laughable. I'm t38 and I keep getting "with this putt he'll move into the top 5".

I'm cpljohnst on PS4

I am on Xbox also and picked it up today. I’ll have to log in and see my username it has been a bit lol

So qualified from Q-School coming second. I like what they’ve done with the game although I haven’t played much of GC19 but I think this is an improvement.

So qualified from Q-School coming second. I like what they’ve done with the game although I haven’t played much of GC19 but I think this is an improvement.

Did you ramp up the difficulty yet? I'm still struggling with the reality shock of Amateur Vs Pro settings. Dread to think what World Class and Master are like!

Did you ramp up the difficulty yet? I'm still struggling with the reality shock of Amateur Vs Pro settings. Dread to think what World Class and Master are like!

Not moved from amateur yet - want to get a few rounds in the bag before I do anything around difficulty.

Overall my early impressions of the game are positive. It's definitely less arcadey than any golf game I've played in the past, except for the golf club vr.

The difficulty multiplier can be tweaked and chopped by turning various help tools on and off, but in terms of actual swing mechanics there isn't a lot of middle ground. Swing plane is fairly straight forward and easy to hit consistently, but switch the tempo meter on and it's a huge change. And just like real life, I am convinced I'm doing exactly the same for each swing, but get wildly varying results. Still not sure exactly which part is being reported as slow between the backswing, the downsing, the quick flick between them or something else.

What I do like is the sense of achievement when I do hit a great sequence of shots to make birdie on a hole. I also like that there is a handicap system for online play, just not sure how that will work in practise with people manipulating it just to win some internet points. Hopefully with the THP group we are all honest individuals so there won't be any banditry going on, and the fact that it means we can all play in a tournament together and take into account our flicky stick skills is a good thing, like a real club!

I like the course designer, and look forward to playing on some of your home courses, whilst I work away at recreating my home course to give you guys a taste of the East Anglian countryside.

Graphically I'm not blown away. I am playing this on an original Xbox One, so no 4k, but the graphics don't seem to be far removed from Tiger Woods back on the Xbox 360. That could be rose tinted glasses though.

Commentary is good, but repetitive, and I wish he would be slightly less condescending when he says "YOU are looking at a double bogey here".

Have joined the Society, still working on my guy, just got to the PGA tour

Back