Xbox side, leader was -10...but even that seems ridiculous for Riviera. Guess my patience level is not the same on video games.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I may be mistaken, but I think Rivieria was before the difficulty was set to Pro. I think that was when the difficulty was still "open." I could be wrong though.

edit: I think the tournament that starts tomorrow is when everybody will be on the pro setting.

Was finally feeling like I had pro am down and was ready to move to pro but last night whichever course I was playing in career mode ate me up. Felt like my swing was off. May recalibrate and go for pro tonight anyways though.

I just had a round with 5 eagles in a round, only 2 on par 5s. Hole out central.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that most people are playing a version of the Sim driver?

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that most people are playing a version of the Sim driver?

I signed with Callaway. I don't think it matters. I'll go with the stock Mavrik and a handcrafted yellow Hazrdous Smoke XS. I'll put the ball further OB than anyone.

A lot of the courses that were made in 2019 that have been imported, unless they're the old Scottish Links courses, have fairways that are just too narrow for this game on Pro setting. CrazyCanuck1985 has tutorials on using the course designer and he recommends making them 45-50 yds wide for this game, so if you get into designing remember that. Also I don't think I'd put a lot of roll on fairways so that the ball will stay in play if you're lucky to hit it.

Another thing I don't like is that you can't tweak your bag setup. You know which hybrids you want to carry. Like why do I need a 5i if I have a 5H? Why can't I just add a 4H instead of the 5i?

91 on my own course.... 91 on my own course. Maybe I should move up a couple of sets of tees and leave the driver in the bag.

So I've had the PC version a couple of days now. After going through the tutorial, I played Riviera on Pro-Am level. Shot +3 and that was because of one hole that I took 6 putts on for a +5.

I've played a couple of online matches and the Pro level is just brutal. I haven't started on career mode yet.

Are there any other PC players that are interested in a society? Looks like most of you are on XBox or Playstation.

Are there any other PC players that are interested in a society?
I play on a PC but am unsure what "society" is. If it means playing against THP'ers online, I'm in!

I played against my son yesterday. He won the first round on stroke play, I took the second round on Match play and we had to quit due to time on the third round playing stableford.

I don't care for playing on the tour because of the constant switching to see a shot from another player. Since turning off the volume of the announcers, that's really the only thing that annoys me about this game.

I play on a PC but am unsure what "society" is. If it means playing against THP'ers online, I'm in!

I played against my son yesterday. He won the first round on stroke play, I took the second round on Match play and we had to quit due to time on the third round playing stableford.

I don't care for playing on the tour because of the constant switching to see a shot from another player. Since turning off the volume of the announcers, that's really the only thing that annoys me about this game.

You can turn that off.

It's just a group that plays tournaments. You are not playing online at the same time though. Someone starts the society and you join it, then you play tournament rounds at your convenience against other society members.

I went ahead and created a society for the PC. Just search for THP Golf Club.

XBox.... I played a career round on Pro. Two words: Ug Ly.

I mean I shot a 43 on the front 9. I should have booked a tee time at my local course. At least I would have had a nice walk and could have deceived myself that I was playing decently. Back 9 shot a 41. Not much better, but no DBs which is not something I do on a real course. 9 bogeys and 2 DBs. OUCH.

You know that swing stick on Pro is savage. You have to be a machine. I can only imagine on "Master."

I signed with Callaway. I don't think it matters. I'll go with the stock Mavrik and a handcrafted yellow Hazrdous Smoke XS. I'll put the ball further OB than anyone.

A lot of the courses that were made in 2019 that have been imported, unless they're the old Scottish Links courses, have fairways that are just too narrow for this game on Pro setting. CrazyCanuck1985 has tutorials on using the course designer and he recommends making them 45-50 yds wide for this game, so if you get into designing remember that. Also I don't think I'd put a lot of roll on fairways so that the ball will stay in play if you're lucky to hit it.

Another thing I don't like is that you can't tweak your bag setup. You know which hybrids you want to carry. Like why do I need a 5i if I have a 5H? Why can't I just add a 4H instead of the 5i?

91 on my own course.... 91 on my own course. Maybe I should move up a couple of sets of tees and leave the driver in the bag.

You can tweak bag setup big time. You click on the club you want to replace then you slide to a different club type.

I currently have driver, 3W, 4 hybrid and then 4 thru 9 and 46/50/54/58 wedges.

I have 4H and iron both as they are different brands and have different lengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a good bit Wednesday and Thursday. Got so frustrated with swing tempo I had to turn it off and restart my PGA Tour career. Just could not seem to figure out the fast\slow. Swing would feel similar but would be wildly different timings. Pitch shots were almost always slow though.

Having more fun on Pro with Tempo turned off. In my fourth tournament on Korn Ferry. 3 top 10's but no wins yet. Doing four round events.

Just starting the second PS4 THP society tourney now.

Man, some really really low scores for the 2nd THP tourney for PS4 - clearly I just suck at this game lol. Seems like people enjoyed the difficulty spike, which is good to know.

Next tourney starts Tuesday - 3 rounder, on a harder overall course, this time with some different wind/weather/green/fairway firmness for each round. Just trying things out to see what a nice balance could be going forward.

Also, at some point we can setup handicapped scoring, which, in theory, should even out the scoring a bit (i.e. me losing by at least 40 strokes to more then one person).

If anyone has any suggestions, post them here!

I’ve almost rage quit several times at the putting, it’s so bad. I have had like multiple 4-6 putts and it’s bouncing off the pin and other ridiculous, even on the easiest setting. They definitely need to release a patch a more detailed tutorial. I was lethal in tiger woods and other series. But I’m worse at putting in the game that I am in real life. Everything else seems good, I like the shot shaping and fine control options etc. I do agree you need way more options for bag setups and it’s sort of dumb you have to buy all the irons individually, when you can’t mess with the bag setup. That said I’m sure they’ll push some updates soon enough.

Back