Just a heads up that the next PS4 tourney starts today! 3 rounds, this time experimenting with weather and green/fairway firmness. Hopefully should be fun!

I downloaded this last week on PC, I've been enjoying it a lot. I'll join the THP group when I get home.

Edit - for the record I think it runs pretty well on PC. It doesn't seem to be pushing too hard to run the game.

Last edited:
Soooo that was a brutal experience. I wasn't sure what impact the rain would have in terms of gameplay, and during the fist half of the first round I couldn't really tell any difference. On the 10th hole, I hit a shot into a greenside bunker - no biggie, I line up my shot and my power, just like I always do, take the shot...and it goes three feet. Apparently, rain + bunkers = BAD. Ended up with a +3 on the hole, which pretty much ruined my entire first round and tourney.

Also, for the record, I absolutely hate how touchy the putting is in this game. I'm also convinced some of the people who coded the physics in this game need to go back to physics school or something.

Soooo that was a brutal experience. I wasn't sure what impact the rain would have in terms of gameplay, and during the fist half of the first round I couldn't really tell any difference. On the 10th hole, I hit a shot into a greenside bunker - no biggie, I line up my shot and my power, just like I always do, take the shot...and it goes three feet. Apparently, rain + bunkers = BAD. Ended up with a +3 on the hole, which pretty much ruined my entire first round and tourney.

Also, for the record, I absolutely hate how touchy the putting is in this game. I'm also convinced some of the people who coded the physics in this game need to go back to physics school or something.
Want a similar experience....? Have the ball get hung up in the grass beside the green with those wood planks (Louisiana course) and you can't advance the ball. I was -2 on the 17th hole, had one get caught up in that area, and proceeded to take a 10...and miss qualifying for the KF Tour.

That is what resulted in the broken controller pic I posted above.

Lesson learned...I just don't take this game "seriously" anymore and use it as a time killer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have found what has helped me is just figuring out the best way to put my thumb on the stick to keep it straight. I almost turn the controller a little in my hand when I putt. I do a very slow pull back and a quicker push forward. I still have some bad ones...playing career mode at lunch and luckily I was on fire with GIR because I had one hole in round 3 of a tourney where I three-putted and it was just stupid...so it still happens...but I have gotten a lot better with it. Starting to get better at the reads, as well.

Just a heads up that the next PS4 tourney starts today! 3 rounds, this time experimenting with weather and green/fairway firmness. Hopefully should be fun!

Shot a -3 in the first round with an unfortunate bogey on 18.

Can't say I love the decision of this course/conditions, but all good!

I have found what has helped me is just figuring out the best way to put my thumb on the stick to keep it straight. I almost turn the controller a little in my hand when I putt. I do a very slow pull back and a quicker push forward. I still have some bad ones...playing career mode at lunch and luckily I was on fire with GIR because I had one hole in round 3 of a tourney where I three-putted and it was just stupid...so it still happens...but I have gotten a lot better with it. Starting to get better at the reads, as well.
You sound like me with how I hold the controller and make my swing. I use a pencil grip / pinch method whereby only my index finger (top of knob) and thumb (bottom of knob) make the swing motion. Seems to work very well....

You sound like me with how I hold the controller and make my swing. I use a pencil grip / pinch method whereby only my index finger (top of knob) and thumb (bottom of knob) make the swing motion. Seems to work very well....

I may give that a try...I just use my thumb. I either put the thumbtip flat on top of the pad or I put it on the front edge, slowly pull back and then push forward. Those are my two putter "grips".

I find with it on the front edge of the pad, it's easier to go forward with it, like there's just "less" to the motion, if that makes sense.

Strange confusing ending in my first PGA event. I mean I won which was awesome but.... the way it happened. 1st tourney of the year. Patrick Reed and I end tied after round 4. NO Playoff! The announcer says something like "and by count back this golfer is declared the winner".
Such a let down. How can you have no playoff? We both were awarded 400 Fed Ex Cup points too.

Needs to be a better way to see what other golfers are near you in score are doing. Cut scenes to Thomas chipping in for the 7th time in a four round tournament are brutal.

Strange confusing ending in my first PGA event. I mean I won which was awesome but.... the way it happened. 1st tourney of the year. Patrick Reed and I end tied after round 4. NO Playoff! The announcer says something like "and by count back this golfer is declared the winner".
Such a let down. How can you have no playoff? We both were awarded 400 Fed Ex Cup points too.

Needs to be a better way to see what other golfers are near you in score are doing. Cut scenes to Thomas chipping in for the 7th time in a four round tournament are brutal.
Clearly they must have found Reed was cheating and assessed a penalty stroke. Man this game is realistic.

I duffed my tee shot off the opening par 5. Then hit a hybrid and put it back in play. Put the next shot short in the rough. Then finally got it pin high in the collar. Used my putter and left it 1' away from the hole for a tap in bogey. It took me until the 6th hole before got my timing right and hit a decent shot. Still managed a string of 5 bogeys. Oh wait, that was my real round today. Wrong thread.

So today was a breakthrough day for me because I figured out a couple of things:

- Finally feel good about putting. For me, best approach is to slowly pull the stick back just enough so the meter moves, then push forward in one quick motion at the desired time. Not pulling back as much seems to lessen my left/right variance which leads to straighter putts overall.

- Actually started paying more attention to lie angles and trying to shape shots. I haven’t found changing the club head angle to be of much use, but I’m learning how to shape shots to turn them towards pins that are too close to the front edge to easily allow for straight shots.

Had a rough career tourney where all my approach shots would roll off the green for literally no reason, but came back and finally put everything together in the next tourney and shot -10 for the first round, which let me play conservatively in the 2nd round for a Tour win.

Definitely need to pay close attention to what the default shot is close to the green - some of the selections are insane and have cost me multiple strokes when I wasn’t paying enough attention.

I played my first 2 Korn Ferry events on Pro difficulty on xbox.

2 things I'm 1000000% certain of after these 2 rounds:

1. Late in the round, especially if you have a good round going, you are GUARANTEED to hit a tee shot or 2nd shot into the water due to a fast/slow tempo. Do not try to prevent either action, as swinging FAST to draw/hook the ball when the water is to the right will actually result in a SLOW tempo and the ball will go into the water. Likewise if you think you are going to "get smart" and swing SLOW to fade/slice the ball away from water on the left. This is the most rigged outcome in a game as I have ever seen.

2. Making putts from 25+ feet (even out to 72 feet for eagle...) with break and slope are soooo much easier to make than a 7-footer with very little break for birdie or par....and ratchet the unlikely chance the putt will be made by 5000% if that putt is to put you in the top 10.

As an honorable mention and additional research needed, I am 99.9% convinced the ball drop location is flawed. Why am I dropping at 85 yards away when I clearly covered land / barely rolled into the water after rolling thru the fairway, rough or bunker 20 yards away from the green?

Stay tuned for more observations and guarantees as my KF Tour career continues........

Shot a -3 in the first round with an unfortunate bogey on 18.

Can't say I love the decision of this course/conditions, but all good!

Hated it.... left half way through the second round. Didn’t pay enough attention to what set up was so used my 3 putt reads before the 3rd hole. Struggled with chipping...I was so mad :mad:

Hated it.... left half way through the second round. Didn’t pay enough attention to what set up was so used my 3 putt reads before the 3rd hole. Struggled with chipping...I was so mad :mad:

Totally hear you - my first round was abysmal.

What did you (and others) not like in particular? Just want to make sure I keep track so as to not have similar things for future tournaments.

What did you (and others) not like in particular? Just want to make sure I keep track so as to not have similar things for future tournaments.

I really like unlimited putt preview. I think there was far too many difficult changes on this one. I could have coped with the conditions if the putting was a preview per shot.

finally downloaded yesterday for PS4...only got in 16 holes before my damn connection went out. Booted me from my round!

Im sure it'll get easier with time but overall seems to be more difficult than the original Tiger games. It wasn't until the 10th hole where I realized I could line up my putt first and then "read the line" Made it much easier from that point. I was +2 on the front and was -5 on the back until it kicked me off

I need to go back to the initial lesson part or read the controls but I was getting confused on the focused shot adjustments (adding/decresing loft)

also that initial setup screen for your golfer can take hours if you really wanted!!!!! omg I was just ready to start the game! after 5 minutes of trying to adjust the basics (hair style and color, eye color, skin color etc.) I just started the game.... but cant wait to go home and play!

For the current Xbox society tourney group playing 2 rounds at East Lake...

Anyone find the conditions on a couple holes make them nearly unplayable/unfair?

Hole 14...par 4...into the wind. I go perfect driver, driver and I'm still short??

Hole 15...island par 3...crosswind. 5w off the tee, lands on right edge of green, rolls off and into water...drop is...back at the tee box?? WTF?! Why do I not get to drop in the rough next to green?

I shot +17 for the tourney and am the leader(????) as of now but don't see that holding up. Sad when 2-3 holes on this course cost me 12-15 strokes.

Damn 26 pages lol.. .Is there a PS4 society we've been using?

I really like unlimited putt preview. I think there was far too many difficult changes on this one. I could have coped with the conditions if the putting was a preview per shot.

I think there should be no putt preview but 100% need the power bar below

I actually watched a couple of the cut scenes last time I played, some of them were kind of hilarious. When Jon Rahm came up they were talking about how he's been getting so much better about controlling his temper, DeChambeau was all about his unusual approach to the game, basically the same crap we hear every CBS broadcast. THEN there's Patrick Cantlay.... The announcer starts talking about how he struggles with slow play and then goes on about his personal struggles and his best friend/caddy being killed. Anyone else think that might be just a little bit too much?

For the current Xbox society tourney group playing 2 rounds at East Lake...

Anyone find the conditions on a couple holes make them nearly unplayable/unfair?

Hole 14...par 4...into the wind. I go perfect driver, driver and I'm still short??

Hole 15...island par 3...crosswind. 5w off the tee, lands on right edge of green, rolls off and into water...drop is...back at the tee box?? WTF?! Why do I not get to drop in the rough next to green?

I shot +17 for the tourney and am the leader(????) as of now but don't see that holding up. Sad when 2-3 holes on this course cost me 12-15 strokes.

How much longer does this one last? I haven’t had a chance to be on in a week and don’t want to miss out on this one lol

Haven't played yet...when does the window close on this one?

On a side note...to show how up and down I am with this game...playing career mode (which I have now bumped from 2 rounds to 4 per tourney). First round on a par 70, I shot a -11 59 (great conditions). By end of round 4, I had come in fourth in the tourney and was like -14 overall....I think I was -11, E, -2, -1....

Course was too hard for the conditions, the rain made it tough, and especially round 1 with the wind.

Back