I see you gents enjoying this makes me want to head to Walmart right now & pick up a copy.

Have to say, I’m thoroughly enjoying my second PGA Tour season. 5 straight tourney wins on same settings as the PS4 society, and I won’t stop until I utterly destroy the computer and it’s electronic soul.

Sometimes I feel like I should up the difficulty, but then I remember how the game glitched my putting and cost me the FedEx Cup in my first season...and then I don’t feel so bad anymore lol.

For my fellow Xbox players, I'm seeking some help with short iron shots. I can hit my driver with no issues, but my iron play sucks.... I am apparently FAST all the time, so then I aim for the draw that a FAST swing flies....and then I'm slow.

What works for you with irons?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
See I'm the opposite. I think irons are a breeze. Then I feel like I'm playing the driver identical every time and it's fast when that side hurts me and slow when that is the wrong miss. This game perfectly mimics my real game :LOL:

Ugh - if I hadn’t choked away the first two rounds, I might have had a chance at winning this last tourney!

Next one starts tomorrow - first course we are playing on that is user created (I think - it has very high ratings). Handicapping is OFF - good luck!

Just published a course called Maxwell Pines. Give it a play and lemme know your feedback.

I had it up on TGC 2019 too. My buddies said it was too tough so I backed it off a few notches for 2k21.

Just published a course called Maxwell Pines. Give it a play and lemme know your feedback.

I had it up on TGC 2019 too. My buddies said it was too tough so I backed it off a few notches for 2k21.
Just played it and shot a 2 under 69 at ProAm level. This would be a tough course for me at pro level, for sure.

Seriously, one of the best courses I've played on this game... makes a lot of the other courses seem boring. Love the elevation changes and the penalties for missing greens and fairways. Greens can be tough if you don't land it on the right spot. Miss a green and you're pitching way uphill.

Just played it and shot a 2 under 69 at ProAm level. This would be a tough course for me at pro level, for sure.

Seriously, one of the best courses I've played on this game... makes a lot of the other courses seem boring. Love the elevation changes and the penalties for missing greens and fairways. Greens can be tough if you don't land it on the right spot. Miss a green and you're pitching way uphill.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. I tried to just fit the holes into the landscape without moving too much dirt and give a few options off the tee boxes. Turned out ok.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. I tried to just fit the holes into the landscape without moving too much dirt and give a few options off the tee boxes. Turned out ok.

Designing a course is something I plan to do over the winter. I looked over that part of the game and it seems somewhat intuitive but still time-consuming.

Designing a course is something I plan to do over the winter. I looked over that part of the game and it seems somewhat intuitive but still time-consuming.

Go check out crazycanuck1985 on YouTube. His course designer tutorials will save you a TON of time.

I'm struggling with few elements of this game. The putting after the latest patch seems to be off for the 3 to 6 ft range. Playing on PS4. Missing putts short often now. I'll go up to the white bar and push forward but it will jump back a bit, turn red and end up with a short putt. Can even happen on long putts but not as often. So frustrating on eagle putts.

And I'm totally over the drop locations for hazards. Nowhere near the rules of golf.

And I'm totally over the drop locations for hazards. Nowhere near the rules of golf.

This is the WORST part of this game... I hope they fix this issue in the near future, but it'll take a pretty big patch to fix that issue.

Along the same lines... I played at East Lake yesterday and noted that the software doesn’t account for relief from temporary man made objects (such as grandstands). Unless I missed it, the only options I had when stuck behind a grandstand - but still in bounds - were to take an unplayable with a penalty OR punch out backwards.

Along the same lines... I played at East Lake yesterday and noted that the software doesn’t account for relief from temporary man made objects (such as grandstands). Unless I missed it, the only options I had when stuck behind a grandstand - but still in bounds - were to take an unplayable with a penalty OR punch out backwards.
Wait til you get stuck IN the stands.... I was expecting to be able to try a Mickelson shot, instead it took me 3 shots to get out of the stands because its like being in the mud apparently.

Check out the course called "Tradition Like No Other"....very close recreation of a certain course in Georgia...

Check out the course called "Tradition Like No Other"....very close recreation of a certain course in Georgia...

need to remember this.

need to remember this.
There are 3 of them...just select the 1 with the highest ratings. #11 and #12 are greatness.

@JonMA1 @Bucketsofjoy

I have a new event posted, 2 rounds this time. We have 4 days to get them in.

Is this on Xbox?

Courses are Cross-Platform, so they will be available on all systems.
Yep...course is a blast to play, but your iron game better be ON...and putting, hahaha, lets just say you can easily putt the ball off the green.

Soooooo.....awhile back I saw the PS4 guys talking about the putter meter doing something weird where the meter would reduce your power and/or turn red and hit a putt short.

I had never seen this happen on the Xbox....until today....and its now happening many times in a round. I have had to squeeze a controller VERY tightly to avoid having it "slip" from my hand onto the floor today and explode into lego pieces.

This is beyond frustrating. If some patch created this issue, it needs to be undone quickly.

Soooooo.....awhile back I saw the PS4 guys talking about the putter meter doing something weird where the meter would reduce your power and/or turn red and hit a putt short.

I had never seen this happen on the Xbox....until today....and its now happening many times in a round. I have had to squeeze a controller VERY tightly to avoid having it "slip" from my hand onto the floor today and explode into lego pieces.

This is beyond frustrating. If some patch created this issue, it needs to be undone quickly.

Yeah, it is beyond frustrating. It still happens on the PS4 unfortunately. I always unplug and replug in headphones into the controller which minimizes it, and I have to be very certain my follow through (pushing up on the stick) is smooth, but even then it happens about once a round or so.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is beyond frustrating. It still happens on the PS3, unfortunately. I always unplug and replug in headphones into the controller which minimizes it, and I have to be very certain my follow through (pushing up on the stick) is smooth, but even then it happens about once a round or so.
I have never had to do the headphones trick but I guess its worth a shot... Speaking of headphones, does this game not support in-game chat? I know my settings (both in the game and on my system) have chat on, but I have never found anyone online that talks....?

I have never had to do the headphones trick but I guess its worth a shot... Speaking of headphones, does this game not support in-game chat? I know my settings (both in the game and on my system) have chat on, but I have never found anyone online that talks....?

It does; you have to start a party and invite friends.

We often just use FaceTime for that but you can use the Xbox party functionality for it as well.

Back