@Qwkz51

I saw you played this monster too....tough track, holy cow.

Skinny fairways, lots of wind, elevation changes, trees in bad places, bunkers that gobbled up shots, heavy rough....sheesh

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The aqueduct and a few unexpected chasms ate a few shots. Beautiful course but definitely tough.

@5150 @-CJ- @tucsoncacti

Hope you get a chance to play Highlands 2k21 event....it is a BEAST....especially round 2.

Feel free to add my ghost to your round, might help a little, but might get ya in trouble too.

@5150 in terms of design, I like what was done for the front 9 but I think the creator lost their way on the back 9. I have laid the foundation for my Highlands track and this definitely is similar to what I'm planning to create.

I ejected after 3 holes, haha. The super downhill par 3 with the blind tee shot on the front... not my cup of tea.

I like the coastal feel and the color scheme. Not big on crazy blind tee shots. It’s nice to see the hole out in front of you.

@5150 time is almost up for the current event at Strathlorne.

This is a GREAT course and one that I highly recommend checking out. The layout is well done, giving views of the next and prior holes while also having good view points of the surrounding landscape. The fairways hwve rolling slopes and the greens require you to get close to the pin (risk/reward) to score.

Enjoyed this one; thanks for the recommendation. Had a bit of a Cabot Cliffs thing going. Very thoughtful design. Shot +3 on Pro with timing on.

Canyon v6 is up...

All 18 holes (tees, fairways, greens, bunkers) are in, so the full layout is there.

Still have not done any planting - I've learned it's best for me to do that last.

Could still do some sculpting/shaping here and there depending on the feedback I get from you guys.

Pretty happy with the layout, but need to step away for a bit and get fresh perspective.

Give it a run and lemme know what you guys think. It's designed to play with the wind off the water (so, should be northwest, if I'm not wrong).

@5150 @-CJ- @tucsoncacti
Hope you get a chance to play Highlands 2k21 event....it is a BEAST....especially round 2.
Feel free to add my ghost to your round, might help a little, but might get ya in trouble too.

I will try, been busy trying to get in real life rounds and a few range sessions. Plus adding in some exercise to drop some covid weight.

Does an Augusta recreated exist on 2k?

Does an Augusta recreated exist on 2k?
Yes...but they are under "code names". Search for something like 'an experience like no other' or something like that

I will try, been busy trying to get in real life rounds and a few range sessions. Plus adding in some exercise to drop some covid weight.

So I got to play the Highlands Event. Course really sucked me into going for it off the tee and for the par five's 2nd shot. I failed at not falling for it, ended up shooting only 2 under for 36 holes, hahaha.

Wow....just plain wow.... Black Salt Valley (Major) is by faaaaaaaar the hardest (realistic) course I have played on 2k21.

The greens were insanely large and punished any shot, chip, or putt that was too hard/soft. I 3-putted at least 5-6 times, took a couple double bogeys and watched putts roll....and roll....and roll....and roll....going from 15-20 feet away to like 35-40 feet away.

Somehow I ended up at -7 for 2 rounds...and immediately turned it off. I love a challenge, but daaaaaaaaamn.

Wow....just plain wow.... Black Salt Valley (Major) is by faaaaaaaar the hardest (realistic) course I have played on 2k21.

The greens were insanely large and punished any shot, chip, or putt that was too hard/soft. I 3-putted at least 5-6 times, took a couple double bogeys and watched putts roll....and roll....and roll....and roll....going from 15-20 feet away to like 35-40 feet away.

Somehow I ended up at -7 for 2 rounds...and immediately turned it off. I love a challenge, but daaaaaaaaamn.

Just finished. I think I need to call my therapist.

Challenging without being goofy. I like it.

Just finished. I think I need to call my therapist.

Challenging without being goofy. I like it.
Welllllllll......some of those greens were definitely goofy. Maybe it was the pin positions being in locations that had a 4 foot radius where a ball would sit, otherwise it would roll 40 feet away of you missed that area.

Obviously the 12-16 mph wind didn't help either....hahaha

Welllllllll......some of those greens were definitely goofy. Maybe it was the pin positions being in locations that had a 4 foot radius where a ball would sit, otherwise it would roll 40 feet away of you missed that area.

That's fair, there were goofy pins for sure, like landing on the hood of a car.

I guess by goofy I meant not a ton of blind 200 foot drop par 3s, etc.

I would agree that there were several pins that bordered on unfair. Either slow/soften the greens, or smooth them a bit.

Try this new course, your therapist will be working overtime.

I played it this morning, yeah. It was... challenging, haha. A few of the pins were flat out unfair. Like I rolled a putt a foot past and it rolled 20y off the green, had to chip past the hole to get it to stick, then did it again. It was either hole it OR you’re off the green. I think I made a 9.

Outside of this society I play with downswing timing on. Can’t imagine playing this course on that setting.

I played it this morning, yeah. It was... challenging, haha. A few of the pins were flat out unfair. Like I rolled a putt a foot past and it rolled 20y off the green, had to chip past the hole to get it to stick, then did it again. It was either hole it OR you’re off the green. I think I made a 9.

Outside of this society I play with downswing timing on. Can’t imagine playing this course on that setting.
@-CJ- @5150 ...whoops, I blitzed the Predator for a nice -17... I made it a point to be in the fairway and paid VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to the slopes on the greens.

I agree there were some ridiculous pin positions, but I also noticed that slopes were "conveniently" placed that you could use to funnel the ball toward the hole. I nornally don't do that, as I prefer to drop the ball just short of the hole while hitting it high as possible and with as much spin as possible.

Added a few more events, including an Augusta course.

2k has always made solid games. I remember their football games were better than madden years ago. I'll try it out.

I loved the hard challenge of the predator course. like you said, with downswing timing like we play outside of THP it would be unfair.

@-CJ- @5150 ...whoops, I blitzed the Predator for a nice -17... I made it a point to be in the fairway and paid VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to the slopes on the greens.
I agree there were some ridiculous pin positions, but I also noticed that slopes were "conveniently" placed that you could use to funnel the ball toward the hole. I nornally don't do that, as I prefer to drop the ball just short of the hole while hitting it high as possible and with as much spin as possible.
Added a few more events, including an Augusta course.

I got in the trees over water on a hole and hit the stroke limit on just that shot. Gambled on too many shots and didn't win any so 14 over was my score.

I can't wait to try the Augusta course. what's its name?

I loved the hard challenge of the predator course. like you said, with downswing timing like we play outside of THP it would be unfair.

I got in the trees over water on a hole and hit the stroke limit on just that shot. Gambled on too many shots and didn't win any so 14 over was my score.

I can't wait to try the Augusta course. what's its name?
I added it already....its like 2 events away. I think its called "A Tradition Like No Other"....

Its a fin play, similar to the last couple of events where if you are in the wrong spot you will pay.

I can’t wait, I just gotta get a first place spot the next 2 events.

There's a great Lidar version of a certain course in Georgia called A Course Has No Name that is (so far, in my opinion anyway) the best version of said course out there.

I believe certain folks in Georgia complained about it, so if you search for it you may not find it, unless you look in My Friends Favorites and they happened to have saved it there.

Also, GREAT list here of real life recreations (RCRs) by a top designer. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Shoreacres - what a fantastic golf course.

Appears there was an update for 2k21 on Xbox today....some new link account function "greets" you....

Is the Xbox group still active?

I've been playing for years on both '19 and '21..........'21 is much much better.

Will be getting EA Sports when it's released.

Is the Xbox group still active?

I've been playing for years on both '19 and '21..........'21 is much much better.

Will be getting EA Sports when it's released.
Yes....come join us. THP Cup.

I'll have to look for the group when I fire up the xbox again.
Doing the PGA season gets old, so to find new courses and people to play against will be nice.

Last edited:
Back