PGA Tour cancels all events through the Valero

Unfortunate, but they had to do it.

Saw this one coming, but it was the right thing to do.

This is crazy!! Every sporting event is on hold.

I wasn’t sad before. I get why they’re doing it. I agree it needs to be done. But man.....now we are impacting the one thing I cherish most. My respite from the everyday world. Golf.

Next will be the Masters.

So they can’t play without fans? I bet these guys are out at the range within a day or two around other people.

Not surprising given the actions taken other sports. I just hope that they are able to resume in a reasonable period of time.

Sad. Was looking forward to watching golf while at home sequestered.

That kinda sucks, at least the Masters isn’t cancelled YET. At this point they were kind of on an island continuing their season.

Not surprising at all.

I thought golf might be ok with no fans because it’s not in a confined space it’s outdoors but I guess not

Not surprised, but man what are we crazy sports fans supposed to do now. Good luck coming up with content for ESPN. And all the people and businesses that rely on these sports.

And now all there is left is for The Masters to not cancel and give us a little slice of goodness in a world gone mad...

So they can’t play without fans? I bet these guys are out at the range within a day or two around other people.
I think it gives them time to implement a testing protocol, and see what the next couple weeks hold. If any sport could thrive without fans/gallery’s, it’s this one.

I think it gives them time to implement a testing protocol, and see what the next couple weeks hold. If any sport could thrive without fans/gallery’s, it’s this one.
I agree with this and hope it’s all it is. Golf is the one sport that doesn’t need fans on site. I think the rest do

I agree with this and hope it’s all it is. Golf is the one sport that doesn’t need fans on site. I think the rest do
Fingers crossed.

They do have some egg on their face for the last couple days though so id not be shocked to see the overreact and take it too far.

Right thing to do, but disappointing. Most experts are saying events with over 25 (250, 500 depending on where you live) people is too risky, that includes about everything. Getting my cookbooks out, but golf is only 4 at a time, right! Let's get out there.

Let's hope.

These last 36 hours have been crazy for the sports world.

Tiger told Monahan that the other players would be getting too many tournament reps ahead of the Masters and that wasn’t something he approved of. And now, what do you know, the Big Cat will be just as prepared, more or less, as everyone else.

And now all there is left is for The Masters to not cancel and give us a little slice of goodness in a world gone mad...

We can hope.

Back