PGA Tour cancels all events through the Valero

baylrballa

Hackers Love Puppies
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
<10
A whole lot more will be closing down is my guess. Not sure why schools are still open at all. After all they may be the biggest spreader of germs and virus. Several of our local colleges have closed for 30 days, yet the high schools and below are still open.
And then the physicians/nurses/etc can't work because their kids are home.

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
And then the physicians/nurses/etc can't work because their kids are home.
Having been raised by a fireman and a nurse they always find a way to make things work. Most companies around here have already told employees to work from home if possible.

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
At least Koepka now has time to work on his swing and lose 20-30 lb. It is all about Brooks, after all. ;)

zbeekner4

Proud 2019 Grandaddy Alum
Reaction score
Handicap
How weird would it be for the masters to be played without fans?

jdtox

The Peoples Captain
Albatross 2022 Club Albatross 2023 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
How weird would it be for the masters to be played without fans?
The way things are headed there will be no Masters this year.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The way things are headed there will be no Masters this year.
I'm holding out hope they can manage to get players tested and play it, and I honestly think it would be cool to watch some of these events with no gallery.

That said, if I had to bet, I'd bet on no Masters. (n)

jdtox

The Peoples Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm holding out hope they can manage to get players tested and play it, and I honestly think it would be cool to watch some of these events with no gallery.

Yeah a month away who knows what things will be, might be better might be worse. Never thought we'd see no March Madness or professional sports suspending seasons either yet here we are. No way to know whats going to happen

PuffChippy

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
True
Not surprising considering the panic and how fear feeds on itself in a vicious death spiral (no pun intended). I mentioned this in another thread but this time two years ago the flu was killing 4,000 people in the US every month but nobody cared at all. Didn’t even hardly make the news. Now we’re cancelling golf and closing businesses and schools because of a disease many wouldn’t even know from the common cold. But at least it teaches us a valuable lesson. It won’t be nuclear war, or terrorism or fascism that dooms society, it will simply be our own child-like stupidity.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Not surprising considering the panic and how fear feeds on itself in a vicious death spiral (no pun intended). I mentioned this in another thread but this time two years ago the flu was killing 4,000 people in the US every month but nobody cared at all. Didn’t even hardly make the news. Now we’re cancelling golf and closing businesses and schools because of a disease many wouldn’t even know from the common cold. But at least it teaches us a valuable lesson. It won’t be nuclear war, or terrorism or fascism that dooms society, it will simply be our own child-like stupidity.
There is more to it than that. This one is a new kid on the block, and as such precautions in order to prevent a rapid exponential infection rate that would overwhelm the infrastructure is critical, to do that, public gatherings need to be limited. None of that is panic, its reality. Not to mention, all the data we got from China? Its wrong.

With the Flu we have a system in place and previous baseline to work with, as such the mortality rate can get high but the infection rate isn't astronomical. Here, we WILL have a higher infection rate than many want to admit, and then that 7-8% (not 2%) becomes a much bigger deal.

jdtox

The Peoples Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

chefkritter

It's the most wonderful time of the year
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With all the pro tournaments being cancelled/post poned...........do y'all think the OEM's will start feeling a pinch and possibly see equipment prices drop somewhat to help move inventory?

Golfever

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Masters has been Cancelled:cry:

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
There is more to it than that. This one is a new kid on the block, and as such precautions in order to prevent a rapid exponential infection rate that would overwhelm the infrastructure is critical, to do that, public gatherings need to be limited. None of that is panic, its reality. Not to mention, all the data we got from China? Its wrong.

With the Flu we have a system in place and previous baseline to work with, as such the mortality rate can get high but the infection rate isn't astronomical. Here, we WILL have a higher infection rate than many want to admit, and then that 7-8% (not 2%) becomes a much bigger deal.
The comparison to the annual flu numbers just causes me to shake my head.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

Golf Ghost

Reaction score

zbeekner4

Proud 2019 Grandaddy Alum
Reaction score
Handicap

-CRW-

Reaction score
I don’t feel as bad about the Houston Open losing its spot in the schedule now.

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
They could have finished out the players without fans. Just just ramp up the hand sanitizer and hand washing stations.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in