PGA Tour cancels all events through the Valero

Wow

Not surprised but hate to see it.

Sucks, but the correct call.
I get it, we just don’t know what we don’t know yet. It’s far better to look back and say we overreacted then it is to do nothing and get smoked. It sucks though. The way things are shaping up I predict a baby boom in 9-10 months. Not much else to do until courses open up here.

I get it, we just don’t know what we don’t know yet. It’s far better to look back and say we overreacted then it is to do nothing and get smoked. It sucks though. The way things are shaping up I predict a baby boom in 9-10 months. Not much else to do until courses open up here.
There will absolutely be a baby boom. My wife’s practice (OB) has already started talking about that.

Reality is the data from China and Japan is not accurate, shocker I know, and the mortality rate is going to come in closer to 7 than 2. The other sure thing is it’s best to do all we can to create a tapered/tiered timeline of infection rates than an single sharp climb.

So true. It’s the right call. I appreciate the disappointment from not having golf. But, it’s not a sports issue; it’s a global public health issue.

I bought a bottle of vodka and it is mostly gone

I thought golf might be ok with no fans because it’s not in a confined space it’s outdoors but I guess not

my thought is the liability/risk for the peripheral people. cameramen. volunteers. rules officials. and on and on. it's one thing if the players choose to play, but when they choose to play, it requires many people to show up who may not want to be there. as soon as one of those people gets sick...

there's no risk to fall in line like everyone else. so I don't blame them.

Is it the "right thing", meaning it will significantly alter the course of the virus, I have my doubts.

I've walked into hospitals, grocery store, target in the last 24 hours all with significantly more people (especially elderly and unhealthy) present than would be at these sporting events without fans. And there are thousands and thousands of those across the country. I don't think (hope) those aren't closing soon.

I get it, but I hate it.

there's no risk to fall in line like everyone else. so I don't blame them.

Is it the "right thing", meaning it will significantly alter the course of the virus, I have my doubts.
People need to grasp, this isn’t about significant or insignificant, precautions have to be taken at all levels.

People need to grasp, this isn’t about significant or insignificant, precautions have to be taken at all levels.

Exactly right.

Let's play a game...THP will field proxy golfers (forum members) to play out the pga championship and subsequent canceled events... That way we can totally kill our fantasy teams :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I ended the day here. DraftKings just refunded everyone their money. Darnit.

Screenshot_20200312-174917_DraftKings.jpg

I thought golf might be ok with no fans because it’s not in a confined space it’s outdoors but I guess not
I was the same, had thought it would escape but seemingly not. No escape anywhere it would seem.

The next 14 days are going to be really telling.

It was the right thing to do.

When you figure to still put on a PGA event, even without fans, the amount of TV and support structure, it is hundreds of volunteers, professionals AND the players. I don't like it personally, but the right thing to do.

They even cancelled our softball league in my small town.....devistated

I should be watching golf on pga tour live right now

I don't think this was necessary for golf, but I get it.

Hopefully this tempers any potential spread of COVID so we can be better prepared.

A whole lot more will be closing down is my guess. Not sure why schools are still open at all. After all they may be the biggest spreader of germs and virus. Several of our local colleges have closed for 30 days, yet the high schools and below are still open.

I don't think this was necessary for golf, but I get it.

Hopefully this tempers any potential spread of COVID so we can be better prepared.

This is not an Argument, but having worked the Nelson and Colonial for so many years, for the pros to just walk up and play alone....even just televised, its an Army of television and volunteers. Not to mention food and support personnel.

Back