PGA Tour Events- One Course or Multiple?

Do you prefer a PGA Tour event at one course or multiple courses?

• Total voters

jfox789

2022 Budget Golf Champion & 2021 Dream Foursome!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I have been watching clips of the American Express and find it hard to follow the coverage. So I am curious if people prefer PGA events on multiple courses (like the American Express or Farmers Open) or a single course (Sentry ToC or Sony Open).

I don’t have anything against multiple courses, but if I had to pick it would be one course every time.

I like the multiple course tournaments to mix it up, but I would never want a "premier" tournament on multiple courses.

I like the variety of the types. Some events it's nice to have the mix.

I've never really cared for the multiple course events, I like seeing the same course for everyone for all 4 rounds

I have been watching clips of the American Express and find it hard to follow the coverage. So I am curious if people prefer PGA events on multiple courses (like the American Express or Farmers Open) or a single course (Sentry ToC or Sony Open).

I don't mind the multiple courses but agree its hard to follow. I think one different course per day would be a good balance of the setup for a one off on the pga tour season.

Thurs: La Quinta CC or NT
Fri : PGA West Stadium
Sat: Nicklaus Tournament or LQ
Sun: PGA West Stadium

or

Thurs: La Quinta CC or NT
Fri : Nicklaus Tournament or LQ
Sat: PGA West Stadium
Sun: PGA West Stadium

I know that the American Express and AT&T which both utilize multiple courses have a pro-am component. Other than accommodating the needs of a pro am field, I really don't see a need to utilize more than 1 course.

Single course always for me. Mulitple courses can vary so much condition wise I don't think its quite the same level playing field from day to day

Single course. I don't know any of these courses enough to follow it and know what hole is what....and it is more fair having everyone playing the same course in the same conditions!

I wouldn't want every tournament that way, but I'm always happy to have some variety.

multiple. Better to spread the field out. And fitting all in on one course often becomes problematic. As I love playing lots of places multi fits my little brain better

While I like the idea of them having to play multiple courses, it makes it harder to follow as a spectator/viewer. I'd rather have them all on the same course.

Just seems simpler to have it on one course and be able to show up and follow the folks you want to see

One course. Multiple course seems gimmicky.

If they could make Pebble and Cypress happen I would change my answer to 2 or more!

I like the idea of multiple courses, but seeing strategy change daily on a single course is a lot of fun.

I don't really have preference as far as TV watching goes. I don't watch much TV as it is, and for me to catch a pga event, it has to be on nbc, abc, cbs, or fox. I cut the cable a long time ago.

The Las Vegas pga tour stop several years ago used several different courses at the same time. I think it was, a 5 day, 90 hole event back then. I might be wrong though.

I prefer just 1 but I do like the Dunhill Links on the Euro Tour where they play St Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns

I prefer one course. Always feels disjointed when there are 2. Plus one is usually a better course than the other.

I marked multiple courses, but the current PGA event (AMEX) has a soft spot in my heart. Loved the old Bob Hope Crysler Classic and the access to the pros and amateurs/celebs that we had back in the day. It was always a fun week in the valley during that tournament. It would be nice to have all the players play the same course on the same day, but with the number of amateurs playing, I'm sure that's impossible.

I like the single course events better, especially if there is weather one of the first couple of days, i affects those on the tougher course more than those with the luck of the draw.

Multiple courses are good for maybe one or two regular tourneys (Pebble Beach, AMEX come to mind), but I’d rather watch them play only one course.

I agree with the OP. I find it harder to follow along with TV trying to cover players over multiple courses.

I like the variety - I think they bring a fun spin to some weeks but not as a consistent thing. A few times a year maybe. Like a 3 course one (like this week) maybe a 2 course one twice and that's it everything else one course.

Back