PGA Tour Live: What's The Skinny?

Duffer Seamus

C'mon ball, do your thing
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of signing up for PGA Tour Live. Probably via CBS Sports Gold (since the other way is via Amazon Prime and we're dumping that).

What's the skinny with that? Do you get live streaming of current play without commercial interruptions? Can you pause, rewind, and fast-forward?

It's $10/mo. or $65 annually. I'm thinking maybe try it for a month or two and, if I like it--and actually use it, switch to annual for the savings.

So PGA Tour Live isn't like the primetime broadcasts where it follows every player that is in contention. They follow featured groups. Same players all the way through their 18 holes. So if someone they aren't covering is doing really well and you want to watch, you won't be seeing them. On Thursday and Friday, those featured groups are usually very popular golfers and I think is absolutely worth it. However, it won't really have anyone worth watching (that has a chance at winning) on the weekends unless they go on some unreal tear throughout the day.

There are still plenty of commercials but yes, you can pause, rewind and fast forward (up to whenever the stream is LIVE). There are some tournaments that they don't cover, such as the Majors and a few other times where even though there is a tournament, there is no coverage through PGATL.

It's real hit or miss for people whether it is worth it or not. I love it during Thursday and Friday but I never turn it on on the weekends. In my opinion, I don't mind it and will be renewing when my time is up with it this year. But there is no doubt that it is lacking as well

If anyone here knows a way to get full coverage from Germany, in english, online, without paying for a full cable TV package, let me know.
Tried the Golf TV pass, HD available but coverage sometimes ends when Sky TV coverage starts.
Tried Sky TV Ticket. "HD" channel but clearly inferior image to Golf TV. Coverage starts late in the round, is mostly is a poorly done live-dub from a single guy talking over the original, english live footage. (which has a nice array of different speakers, plus they actually know what we're looking at instead of just reading whatever comes up on the screen)

British Sky looks to cost 2-4x as much as the german Sky ticket, plus i'd need to pay for VPN :(

Thanks, @Muchmore18. I'm glad I asked, because that's not what I want.

Just looked up GolfPass, based on [snow]'s mention. That looks more like what I want.

It’s pretty good but far from perfect when it’s live. I think my favorite part is the speed rounds the next day - see all the shots for one player in like ten minutes. I tend to watch a few players each day.

If anyone here knows a way to get full coverage from Germany, in english, online, without paying for a full cable TV package, let me know.
Tried the Golf TV pass, HD available but coverage sometimes ends when Sky TV coverage starts.
Tried Sky TV Ticket. "HD" channel but clearly inferior image to Golf TV. Coverage starts late in the round, is mostly is a poorly done live-dub from a single guy talking over the original, english live footage. (which has a nice array of different speakers, plus they actually know what we're looking at instead of just reading whatever comes up on the screen)

British Sky looks to cost 2-4x as much as the german Sky ticket, plus i'd need to pay for VPN :(

Do you have an Amazon Firestick? If so, there are options available for about £45 a year, albeit not necessarily legal.

Do you have an Amazon Firestick? If so, there are options available for about £45 a year, albeit not necessarily legal.
I do, but I'm disinclined to do that kind of thing. Thanks for the lead, though.

(Oops. Sorry. Just realized that wasn't directed at me.)

Last edited:
Back