PGA Tour: Most Underrated

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Who are your favorite golfers to root for on Tour that are often considered in your mind to be underrated?

Keep the big names out of this one, no matter how snarky you’re being ;)

• Staff
I’ll start, watching the Match Play from last year now...

Kisner is one of my favorite golfers on the planet, funny, sarcastic, passionate, and flat out fun to root for.

Hmmm how about Dufner?

Harold Varner III. Tony Finau. Just both seem like really solid dudes and are easy to root for IMO. Finau might be on the cusp of not being underrated?

I love watching Max Homa. Has his twitter personality helped me like him? Yes. Does his podcast make him seem more relatable? Absolutely. But I still think he's fun to root for since he has put himself out there and makes it feel like you get to know him in times other than just golf.

I still don't think Marc Leishman gets the attention he deserves. Has what, 4 or 5 wins and a couple of top 5 finishes in Majors. Dude has as many wins as Fowler.

With "big names" being hard to define, since the bar was set at Kisner (#35 in the OWGR), I'll go with Mickelson and Speith. I think both of them are underrated and I'd love to see both of them win more. Would love to see Mickelson get his US Open (probably won't happen now) and Speith get his PGA (still plenty of time left).

Kevin Kisner

Can you count Gary Woodland as underrated when he's won a major?

Kevin Streelman
Joel Dahman

Kevin Kisner

Can you count Gary Woodland as underrated when he's won a major?
I think so, dude is so so so often glanced over.

I love watching Max Homa. Has his twitter personality helped me like him? Yes. Does his podcast make him seem more relatable? Absolutely. But I still think he's fun to root for since he has put himself out there and makes it feel like you get to know him in times other than just golf.
This is a fun take.

At least no one is calling Phil or Tiger underrated.

I think Cantlay is often overlooked. He's coming into his own.

Nate Lashley
He's a friend of mine and hometown boy!

OOH!

Zach Johnson.

Multi majors, yes, but has never NOT been overlooked as a shorter hitter.

OOH!

Zach Johnson.

Multi majors, yes, but has never NOT been overlooked as a shorter hitter.
Going to add Charles Howell III to that list then. Hasn’t won a lot, but the guy is a walking ATM machine

Already named, but Kisner and Charlie 3 Sticks would be the ones that came to mind 1st.

Going to add Charles Howell III to that list then. Hasn’t won a lot, but the guy is a walking ATM machine
CHUCKY!

For real though, dude has done nothing but quietly make bank his whole career.

Matt Wallace. It is just a matter of time before his success spreads worldwide. Of course, that has also been said about Fleetwood and we are still waiting...

CH3 was the first name that popped into my head

For some reason I still look at Webb Simpson as being underrated. But since he's won a major and a player's I won't throw him down.

Kisner is a good one. I'm going to say Cantlay because even though he's top 10, he still gets glossed over.

I always root for Max Homa, based mostly on his twitter but he seems like a great dude. Not sure if Kevin Na is too big of a name but I love watching him too.

I always root for Max Homa, based mostly on his twitter but he seems like a great dude. Not sure if Kevin Na is too big of a name but I love watching him too.

I, too, enjoy Homa's twitter swing critiques.

For some reason I still look at Webb Simpson as being underrated. But since he's won a major and a player's I won't throw him down.

Kisner is a good one. I'm going to say Cantlay because even though he's top 10, he still gets glossed over.
Cantlay is a great one.

Back