PGA Tour Rule Change

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The PGA Tour has suspended the rule that resulted in Jim Furyk getting DQ'd last week.

The rule will be suspended for the rest of the season at which time they will reevaluate. If a player is late for his pro-am time the remainder of the year, the situation will be handled as a matter of unbecoming conduct.

Lol, what a mess. So, they are changing the rules mid-season now? Wonder how Jimmy feels about that.

See how quick and easy that was?

So why then does it take six generations and an act of Congress to change other rules?

-JP

See how quick and easy that was?

So why then does it take six generations and an act of Congress to change other rules?

-JP

Probably tour rule verses rules of golf.

I agree with making a change but I don't agree with making a change mid season after someone has been affected.

LOL! It seems that Phil's comments has some influence! What's next?

Probably tour rule verses rules of golf.

I agree with making a change but I don't agree with making a change mid season after someone has been affected.

I agree with this statement. I think that this rule does need to be looked at and changed but I don't think it's fair to change it at this time. They should stick with it through the rest of the season and put it in effect next season.

Man, I bet this is irritating to Furyk. I would be pissed

While I think the rule change was needed they should not have done it right after the mess it has caused. The PGA has really dropped the ball several times this season. I mean SEVERELY dropped the ball and this is in fact one more thing to add to the list. I expect some major changes coming in the next few years as the Tour can't handle too many more PR nightmares without it beginning to affect the leagues credibility. I know Pete Dye and Mr. Kohler have forever been tarnished and that course is gonna be on my short list of worst courses to hold a major event due to gimmicky design. It's time for the rules committee of the PGA to work towards improving this game for the masses and making it more tv friendly. Rules of the game shouldn't ruin the game itself and this season they have done a good job of doing just that.

I just feel bad for the rest of the Tour. Furyk comes back with a vengance.

After the man was already impacted? I know it's a catch 22 for them whether they change it now or not but really sucks for Furyk. Maybe he can take some comfort in he helped his follow PGA Tour golfers.
Man, I bet this is irritating to Furyk. I would be pissed

I'm glad that something was done.. but I feel for Furyk.. Gah!

I agree with this statement. I think that this rule does need to be looked at and changed but I don't think it's fair to change it at this time. They should stick with it through the rest of the season and put it in effect next season.

.. + 1

Changing the rule before the off-season just makes the PGA Tour more like NASCAR. They change car specs from one race to the next! I think this should have been done in December, not August.

Nothing like being reactive instead of proactive....

good idea just a little late or early depnding on how you look at it

I heard someone i wanna say Hawkins from the Golf Channel say a great idea, if you miss a pro am once shame on you thats your warning, you miss one twice and off to canada or a small tournament you go, i don't care which one give them a choice however don't give them all the same choices. The only tournaments that aren't on the list are the fall series those i feel are for the guy who is trying to keep his card the last thing they need is someone in the Top 10 romping around making that harder for them

Back