Phil collins yay or nay?

80s/90s, I didn't like him. Just wasn't into his sound. Now I think he's awesome, funny how tastes change.

Easy Lover is one of my favorites of any artist, but I largely agree with @Jman's earlier post.

Yay, has some good songs and they’re not incredibly annoying if played on loop.

Yay

I was a huge fan of Phil Collins. Bet he can still throw a decent concert

Sure liked Genesis back in the day

doubt I'll ever attend another concert at the current ticket prices

Phil/Genesis were the kind of musicians that I liked them enough to listen to their music on the radio, but didn't like them enough to actually buy their albums.

Phil/Genesis were the kind of musicians that I liked them enough to listen to their music on the radio, but didn't like them enough to actually buy their albums.

Perfect way to say it. To me, he’s okay but I never owned a Genesis or Phil Collins album/cd.

I was more of a genesis fan back on the Peter Gabriel days. After he left they weren’t bad ……. They just went in A different direction

I was all-in on Genesis and Phil Collins back in my high school and college years. I had all of the mainstream albums, and they got a lot of play. While I never got to see Genesis live, I did see a Canadian tribute group The Musical Box that actually had permission from the group to use some of the original costumes that were quite the show. I saw Phil live once in Toronto.
I wasn't a fan of anything Phil did solo in the last 10ish years, but I don't mind when a Genesis song pops up on my shuffle playlist. Some even require an increase in volume.

Had the opportunity to buy tix, went to YouTube to see his recent music/concerts, and it did not do anything for me. Unfortunate.

Perfect way to say it. To me, he’s okay but I never owned a Genesis or Phil Collins album/cd.
Totally agree this is how I feel but I have one album on vinyl, mentioned it earlier The lamb lies down on Broadway. Other than that nothing I really like enough to go out of my way to listen to and even leave on if it comes on the radio, other than In the air tonight which needs to be cranked up.

Had the opportunity to buy tix, went to YouTube to see his recent music/concerts, and it did not do anything for me. Unfortunate.
If the ticket prices weren't ridiculous, I'd go just to see him do In The Air Tonight.

Not a huge fan but I'd go to see a legend!

I’m a big fan of Genesis during the Phil Collins, post Peter Gabriel, period and I really liked two of his solo albums, ”Face Value” and “No Jacket Required” which are both high on my list of favorite albums. After that, I lost interest in the solo albums that followed.

I think he and Genesis were oversaturated in the 80's/early 90's so there are a lot of people who are like "ew no" who were around back then. But Peter Gabriel-era Genesis with Phil on drums still remains so darn good. He gave us the iconic "In The Air Tonight" fill noted above. That alone buys him a pass.

Stinks that his health and back have posed so many problems for him recently but Genesis is still out there doing their thing. Can't be mad about that.

I liked the Phil Collins led version of Genesis well enough, but I liked the Peter Gabriel version more!

Sure liked Genesis back in the day

doubt I'll ever attend another concert at the current ticket prices

Yeah, it's ridiculous anymore.

Back