Phil Mickelson Goes to 47.5”

It will be interesting to see what transpires with this. What is a 2 wood?
In this case it is similar to the older Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep, but he has it playing about an inch longer

Phil gonna Phil... I am interested to see how this plays out, but screams more of a headline grab than anything serious.

I think it could work for him as he's utilized two drivers in the bag before. If he has one built to find fairways and one for Mac distance it could work and would be fun to see play out

I mean his tee games always been hit and miss. Why not try something a little crazy.....
One guy I’ve seen on the range last week was asking if he could use to hitting bay . Told the cashier his driver was 51” damn got me thinking Cirque du soleil is going into golf tricks now

Not surprised by this. The original scientist is back

he already hits it plenty long wondering how this benefits him as he’s been struggling to place in the pga events - how much of it’s putting vs anything else

Oh NO, it could go farther down the fairway and/or deeper into the rough. Pick one. :unsure:

Go Phil - the original mad scientist/club set tinker genius preparing to outthink the (and much younger and longer) new one? Will be an interesting Masters.

Bombs? Yes! Fairways? Uhhhh!!!

He cant find the fairway with a regular length driver. This will just be a disaster

Chicks dig the big stick. And now he'll be hitting it closer to them.

Back