Phil Mickelson Using RBZ 3 Wood

I don't understand what is wrong with the Fit 3wood. I have it and it one of the best I have ever hit.

What I find most interesting is that Taylormade made him a custom black one. I guess they knew the press from this would make it worth their while to whip up a black one for a non-staffer.

AFAIK it's not the first one they've made.

Exactly. It's not that hard to find a black RBZ wood. There's a shop that's probably 30 minutes away from me here in Boston that sells them, look at the picture:

RetroRBZ-Talamonti-7-275.jpg

Here's the website of that shop: http://www.aceofclubstp.com/TaylorMadeGolf/

Taylormade Superdeep............................................... In Yellow.................................. Drooolz

Gap issue? Seems like a polite way to say, "I can't hit your 3 wood this far and I'd like to play a different one".

Great link Ary. Some of them look great in other colors. I've always enjoyed having something just a little different than buddies and that looks like a reputable dealer that can make it happen.

Gap issue? Seems like a polite way to say, "I can't hit your 3 wood this far and I'd like to play a different one".

But it also says something when Harry A from Callaway basically said to Phil, "Oh that's cool, go ahead, but you'll be back for our new 3w."

Lol yeah.

Classy move by Callaway. It wouldnt be right for them to hold Phil back. That black RBZ looks sweet!

Damn :bulgy-eyes:! I might have to try a 3 - wood again :blob:

He has been crunching the RBZ, he was hitting farther than his playing partners driver. Westwood still was getting it past him but not by much.

Most interesting thing in this thread, is the pictures of the new TaylorMade Superdeep balls on that website. Cant find any info about them in the google machine, but they have product already. Cool.

That is what Iwas thinking, along with some better accuracy

I watched Phil this morning tee off with this 3 wood and he did outdrive his opponent who was using a driver.

I kinda want a black RBZ

It seems like it has worked for phil, T-2 at the HSBC!

I watched Phil this morning tee off with this 3 wood and he did outdrive his opponent who was using a driver.

They say he is popping it 290..

They kept saying prototype, then they changed up , and said it was not a prototype.
you notice right after Phil would use it.
he would hurry and put a cover over it.

While I didn't see him hitting it. A buddy of mine watched the coverage and said he was getting crazy distances.

Back